PDA

View Full Version : World's Longest~Reigning Monarch Succumbs To Respiratory Infection

Arthur Little
14th October 2016, 19:34
Bhumibol Adulyadej - King of Thailand since 1947 - has died; :bigcry: ... he was 88!

RIP, your Majesty.

grahamw48
14th October 2016, 20:56
Yes, fallen off his perch at last... country plunged into mourning etc. That will be a lot of fun for all the tourists. :cwm25:

On the bright side.... our Queen has now taken over top spot as longest-reigning monarch. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
14th October 2016, 23:08
Yes, fallen off his perch at last... country plunged into mourning etc.That will be a lot of fun for all the tourists. :cwm25:

True - no :do_it:, please ... we're in mourning!

On the bright side.... our Queen has now taken over top spot as longest-reigning monarch. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:iagree: ... and, at 90, she's older than he was too.

Terpe
15th October 2016, 14:48
It's going to be a major change I'm sure.

I heard on the news that although he didn't travel much outside of Thailand, he travelled extensively and constantly within his country as his way of getting closer to the people.

RIP King Bhumibol

As I understand it, the big cheese now, albeit temporarily, is 96 year old General Prem Tinsulanonda.

grahamw48
16th October 2016, 15:41
I like these 90+ people.

Make me feel like a child. :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
16th October 2016, 18:31
I like these 90+ people.

Make me feel like a child. :icon_lol:

:olddude: ... and me!

fred
17th October 2016, 03:40
I wont be going to Thailand for a good while...
They are going to be a right lot of miserable .......s for at least the next 6 months I reckon.
L-M would love it there at the moment..He`d fit right in!

R.I.P King.