PDA

View Full Version : Tributes To Corrie's Jean Alexander

Arthur Little
16th October 2016, 14:05
Actress - BEST~known for her portrayal of Coronation Street's local gossipmonger, :76: Hilda Ogden - who died at the ripe old age of 90, a couple of days' ago.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37666251 ... :ReadIt:

Festooned in curlers and headscarf ... she very quickly became one of the most instantly~recognisable faces on :Britain:'s TV screens ... being cast in the role for 23 years from 1964 until 1987, in the world's longest~running television soap drama.

RIP.

grahamw48
16th October 2016, 15:25
A heartfelt RIP from me Ms Alexander/'Hilda'.

A brilliant actor, and so much a part of my life, from a young age. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Coronation Street has never been the same without her. One of the reasons I no longer watch it.

fred
17th October 2016, 03:44
R.I.P Hilda..
I wonder who will get the Geese?

mickcant
17th October 2016, 05:29
Coronation St was a much different program/show soap/drama in those days
I liked Hilda and the bother Stan got in!
Too much same sex relationship pushing in all soaps now.
Mick. :olddude::Brick::ReadIt:

grahamw48
17th October 2016, 10:48
Totally agree Mick.

I don't need lecturing /brainwashing about 'diversity' , bla bla bla.

On the other hand they must think it's acceptable for young kids to be watching this constant screaming, shouting, fighting, murdering, raping, etc... at 7pm (all the soaps it seems). :NoNo:

Gives me a damned headache. Off it goes.

Terpe
17th October 2016, 13:03
Totally agree Mick.

I don't need lecturing /brainwashing about 'diversity' , bla bla bla.

On the other hand they must think it's acceptable for young kids to be watching this constant screaming, shouting, fighting, murdering, raping, etc... at 7pm (all the soaps it seems). :NoNo:

Gives me a damned headache. Off it goes.

Sounds similar to the 'soaps' here in the Philippines, Murder, Kidnapping and Drugs etc.

About time they toned things down and moved towards something more 'normal' on a day to day basis for the huge majority.

grahamw48
17th October 2016, 14:58
I agree. Trashy TV does little to raise collective standards of behaviour.... and is likely to induce youngsters into believing that certain moronic behaviour is acceptable or even the norm. :NoNo: