PDA

View Full Version : Philippines Chocolate Ice Cream

Terpe
17th October 2016, 14:36
It has to be said that Chocolate ice cream here in the Philippines is, IMHO, the best in the world.

I just love it.

I keep saying to my wife that one day I'll buy a litre and eat it all to myself in one sitting.

:hubbahubba:

Steve.r
17th October 2016, 16:39
There are some that I really don't like, but you are right, the chocolate one is quite palatable.

Arthur Little
17th October 2016, 17:52
There are some that I really don't like,

:yeahthat: purple stuff for one ... yuk! :vomit-smiley-011:

Steve.r
17th October 2016, 18:20
:yeahthat: purple stuff for one ... yuk! :vomit-smiley-011:YES, that's the one

Longweekend
17th October 2016, 18:39
Coconut for me...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jonnijon
17th October 2016, 22:36
We can get MAGNUM'S here :hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

mickcant
19th October 2016, 06:38
It has to be said that Chocolate ice cream here in the Philippines is, IMHO, the best in the world.

I just love it.

I keep saying to my wife that one day I'll a litre and eat it all to myself in one sitting.

:hubbahubba:

Think of all the sugar in that lot :omg:
Mick.:cwm25:

fred
19th October 2016, 07:27
YES, that's the one

Purple Ube I think you mean?? Actually, although its not my favourite,I dont think it tastes that bad at all..
Ube is a purple yam that they make lots of things here like cakes etc here in Visaya BTW.

http://www.salisburypost.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/0105-FOOD-purpleyams1.jpg

I just love it.

I keep saying to my wife that one day I'll a litre and eat it all to myself in one sitting.

I discovered that Cocoa saplings were imported by the Spanish to the R.P from countries they grew them in..Usually in south America..Back then the Cocoa bean was more valued than gold..Actually,the beans were actual currency..
I read somewhere that the Spanish began to panic when the crops in South America started to get infected with fungus..Thats why they started shipping them to their other colonies..

I`ve tried to make Milk chocolate from the beans here without much success...They are very very bitter to start with and the amount of sugar I needed to melt into them was just plain unhealthy!!
Before experimenting,I thought I was gonna be the Willie Wonker of Panglao!!:icon_lol:

Terpe
19th October 2016, 13:02
I`ve tried to make Milk chocolate from the beans here without much success...They are very very bitter to start with and the amount of sugar I needed to melt into them was just plain unhealthy!!
Before experimenting,I thought I was gonna be the Willie Wonker of Panglao!!:icon_lol:

Fred, not that I know anything at all about making chocolate, but have you tried using those 'tablea' chocolate tablets ?

We've used them to make hot chocolate drinks and always use them for a tasty Champorado breakfast.

Terpe
19th October 2016, 13:16
:yeahthat: purple stuff for one ... yuk! :vomit-smiley-011:

Ah yes Ube.
I'm not fond of it but if I have a 'craving' for ice cream and that's all there is then I'll happily eat it.
Most Halo Halo is topped with Ube ice cream.
I love Halo Halo.
Best Halo Halo ever is, IMO, Iceberg's followed by Razons then Chowking.

My wife loves Ube jam.
To be honest it's not bad. We buy it from Good Shepherd, who do fantastic marmalade and mango jam.