PDA

View Full Version : Ticket booked for my next visit to the Philippines

grahamw48
30th December 2016, 11:53
Bargains still to be had it seems.

My ticket cost £392 return, including all fees, from Manchester, with an excellent airline. (Emirates). 17.5 hours journey time.

Beginning of March.

I always book direct with the airline. The fare did include £20 discount, using a few air miles.

What was particularly useful this time, was being able to fly into Manila, but depart from Clark (Pampanga) for my return journey. Very convenient, as I/we live up in Pangasinan. :smile:

Michael Parnham
30th December 2016, 12:19

My ticket cost £392 return, including all fees, from Manchester, with an excellent airline. (Emirates). 17.5 hours journey time.

Beginning of March.

I always book direct with the airline. The fare did include £20 discount, using a few air miles.

What was particularly useful this time, was being able to fly into Manila, but depart from Clark (Pampanga) for my return journey. Very convenient, as I/we live up in Pangasinan. :smile:

Decent price Graham, well done:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
30th December 2016, 12:28
Good price Graham, I have 130,000 miles accrued with Emirates so far. 30,000 more for a free return in business class :biggrin: due about 9000 next month, so not long now :smile:

Tawi2
30th December 2016, 12:43
Thats cheap graham,i am looking for a ticket to bangkok or phnom penh for beginning of march,hope i get one cheap as that.

fred
30th December 2016, 12:51
Bloody hell Graham...I was paying 450.00 return in 1983 and I thought it was cheap!!

bigmarco
30th December 2016, 13:34
And there was I all pleased with my £540 Singapore airlines return March/April :icon_lol:

grahamw48
30th December 2016, 15:50
Good price Graham, I have 130,000 miles accrued with Emirates so far. 30,000 more for a free return in business class :biggrin: due about 9000 next month, so not long now :smile:

Sadly, us peasant class folk don't acrue many. It would probably take me about 10 years to amass that lot... assuming I live that long. lol :icon_lol:

I've already spent the 50 quid voucher Etihad sent me. :Jump:

grahamw48
30th December 2016, 15:53
Bloody hell Graham...I was paying 450.00 return in 1983 and I thought it was cheap!!

Agreed air fares are much cheaper now, in real terms.

My first return flight to the Phils in July 1990 cost me £700 on KLM. That took a bit of saving up in those days. :smile:

Michael Parnham
30th December 2016, 19:51
Agreed air fares are much cheaper now, in real terms.

My first return flight to the Phils in July 1990 cost me £700 on KLM. That took a bit of saving up in those days. :smile:

My very first flight ever was with Cathay August 1989 Gatwick to Hong Kong to meet my ex who was working there, it cost me £1200, I didn't know at that time how to find flights other than go to Thomas Cook in town because at that time I had never flown before and thought going abroad was only for the affluent people:cwm25:

grahamw48
30th December 2016, 20:25
I bought my ticket through a 'mail order bride' dating agency. :biggrin:

They also did the documentation for my (to be decided after selecting from several hopefuls) bride to be... with just her name and address, etc needing to be inserted. :icon_lol:

40 quid settlement visa fee to be added also.

Happy days. :laugher:

Tawi2
30th December 2016, 20:40
I was a kid flying from honkers to manila,i sat next ro a guy called Bill,a taxi driver from brighton,i went into a marriage agency with him and perused the catalogue as he looked at different women,i wondered if he was going to pay in monthly installements like i used to when i bought an airgun from my mums littlewood catalogue :biggrin:

grahamw48
30th December 2016, 21:48
I was a kid flying from honkers to manila,i sat next ro a guy called Bill,a taxi driver from brighton,i went into a marriage agency with him and perused the catalogue as he looked at different women,i wondered if he was going to pay in monthly installements like i used to when i bought an airgun from my mums littlewood catalogue :biggrin:

Yes.... and then you give them your house:bigcry:

Tawi2
30th December 2016, 22:13
They were funny times mate,i am glad i experienced them long before the internet.

grahamw48
30th December 2016, 22:20
For me... crazy times.

No regrets though. :biggrin:

jonnijon
30th December 2016, 22:39

Beginning of March.

Thats a special Yorkshire price:laugher::laugher:

SimonH
31st December 2016, 00:09
Sadly, us peasant class folk don't acrue many. It would probably take me about 10 years to amass that lot... assuming I live that long. lol :icon_lol:

I've already spent the 50 quid voucher Etihad sent me. :Jump:

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but get an Emirates credit card. You get 2 miles for every pound spent (4 if spent on flights), plus a 10,000 mile bonus if you spend £2K in the first 3 months. Before long you'll find yourself not so peasant like :wink:

fred
31st December 2016, 01:53
I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but get an Emirates credit card. You get 2 miles for every pound spent (4 if spent on flights), plus a 10,000 mile bonus if you spend £2K in the first 3 months. Before long you'll find yourself not so peasant like :wink:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
31st December 2016, 10:37

Cheers.. will investigate further. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Leo
1st January 2017, 10:31
hi i have booked Emirates out of Birmingham to Clark end of April return end of May £458 which I think is great I'm going to Subic no need to stay in Manila how long you going for Graham

grahamw48
1st January 2017, 11:12
Hi Lee.

I'm just going for the visa waiver 30 days. :smile:

Yes, good value airfares at present... especially with a quality airline like Emirates.

I'll be using the jeepney to go in and out of Clark (from Dau) though. The taxis are a total ripoff... so I'm told. :mad:

Leo
1st January 2017, 16:29
my girl friend is going to meet me at the airport she lives in Apalit waite see and see how we are going to travel I like jeepny if you was still in the area would have liked to have met you I have followed your story on here and I admire you

grahamw48
1st January 2017, 19:48
Well thanks Leo. You're a gentleman sir.:biggrin:

Sadly I'll be just going between first week March and first week April this time, but I do visit several times a year, so maybe another time mate. It would be nice to meet up. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

(I believe the aircon jeepney is p50 each passenger, fixed price, whereas the taxis are p500 upwards, with a lot of arguing. :NoNo: )