PDA

View Full Version : Lord Moynihan's daughter.....

Tawi2
17th January 2017, 17:25
Interesting read,private school in worcestershire educated yet ends up shot in a manila gutter....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3795010/Daughter-playboy-trickster-British-Baron-shot-dead-Manila-amid-savage-war-drugs.html

Tawi2
17th January 2017, 21:19
Earlier this month, the daughter of a runaway British aristocrat was found dead on a street in the Philippines next to a cardboard sign that read like an omen: DRUG PUSHER TO THE CELEBRITIES YOU ARE NEXT. Hours earlier, Manila police had arrested three suspects for dealing ecstasy to celebrities. The killing made 45-year-old Aurora Moynihan one of the highest-profile drug-war victims in the Philippines under the country’s new president, who is accused of encouraging people to murder drug dealers and users.

As a known “drug personality,” according to police, Aurora Moynihan took after her father, the late 3rd Baron Antony Moynihan. He was one of Britain’s most notorious blue-blooded politicians — a “confidence trickster, brothel-keeper, drug-smuggler and police informer,” as described in The Telegraph’s obituary.

Those monikers were apparently true: After serving in Britain’s House of Lords in the late 1960s, Antony Moynihan fled fraud charges and ultimately escaped to the Philippines, where he met a belly dancer who owned a chain of massage parlors in Manila. They married, and she had three daughters, including Aurora Moynihan, while Antony Moynihan developed an infamous reputation: He ran several brothels, trafficked heroin, and in 1988 helped the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency capture the international pot smuggler Howard Marks, whose memoir, Mr. Nice, became a best seller.
Aurora Moynihan studied French literature in Paris. After her parents’ divorce, in 1979, she moved to the Philippines to live with her father and allegedly mirrored his work, joining a Filipino cartel. In 2013, she was arrested for possessing crystal meth. She was on bail for those charges until September 10 this month, when she was found shot to death in a Manila street. Police reportedly found bags of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia in her purse. What exactly happened wasn’t clear — CCTV footage showed her exiting a Toyota SUV, but the investigation is ongoing.

“We as a family have one priority and truth at this point in time,” her sister Maritoni Fernandez, a famous Filipino actress, told reporters, “and that is to protect her children from further pain and suffering so that they, and we as a family may take this time to grieve, mourn but most of all celebrate the life of this exceptional human being I will forever have the privilege of calling my sister.”

Aurora Moynihan’s death is one of more than 3,500 drug-related killings in the Philippines since President Rodrigo Duterte took office last June. About a third were conducted by police, but the majority by armed vigilante militias, according to The Guardian. Duterte is accused of encouraging people to kill drug dealers and users to fight the country’s drug epidemic. After initially promising to eradicate the issue in six months, he asked for six more months last weekend: “ … The problem is … I cannot kill them all … even if I wanted to,” he said. “I did not have any idea that there were hundreds of thousands of people already in the drug business and what makes it worse is that they are operated now by people in government — especially those elected positions.”

grahamw48
17th January 2017, 21:33
Yes, I'd heard he (her dad) was a bit of a legend(ary crook) in the redlight districts of Manila, from people I've met in the Phils, over the years.

Looks like we have another execution then. :NoNo:

I am totally anti-drugs, but innocent until proven guilty please.

Tawi2
17th January 2017, 23:21
Yes, I'd heard he (her dad) was a bit of a legend(ary crook) in the redlight districts of Manila, from people I've met in the Phils, over the years.

Looks like we have another execution then. :NoNo:

I am totally anti-drugs, but innocent until proven guilty please.
Its just sad that she fell so far,privately educated in London and paris,the world at her feet,from an aristocratic family,yet she ends up lying crumpled and dead in a manila gutter,its no less horrific than a tricycle driver or tindera suffering the same fate,but she had such a good start in life theres really no excuse :NoNo: her sister is a famous pinay actress.I met howard marks once or twice,her dad had business dealings with him,moynihan was well known in the ex-pat underbelly of neer-do-wells residing around manila.

bigmarco
18th January 2017, 13:44
Clearly the fancy education paid for on the proceeds of drugs and prostitution,didn't work well enough for her to realise that the Philippines currently is not the place to be involved in dealing drugs.
Good to see that nobody regardless of status is exempt from justice on the side of the road.

Tawi2
18th January 2017, 13:54
Clearly the fancy education paid for on the proceeds of drugs and prostitution,didn't work well enough for her to realise that the Philippines currently is not the place to be involved in dealing drugs.
Good to see that nobody regardless of status is exempt from justice on the side of the road.
We still havent seen anyone of true status dead in the gutter,classic example policital cocaine smuggler ronald singson son of wife beating political clan leader chavit singson,its all smoke and mirrors,low level stuff,moynihans daughter wasnt high level,the real cream at the top remains untouched due to money,power,and influence.

fred
18th January 2017, 15:36
One of his sons browses fil-uk sites and is a member of another forum..
I do have a connection with the lad in one way or another...As it happens,he`s in the UK now..
I guess from his point of view,reading threads like this must bring forth powerful emotions as we are talking about his immediate family..
Oh well...Thats the internet for you!!

grahamw48
18th January 2017, 17:44
We still havent seen anyone of true status dead in the gutter,classic example policital cocaine smuggler ronald singson son of wife beating political clan leader chavit singson,its all smoke and mirrors,low level stuff,moynihans daughter wasnt high level,the real cream at the top remains untouched due to money,power,and influence.

Spot on. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm usually pretty keen on an ordered and disciplined society, but everyone is entitled to a trial in court, in a civilised country, otherwise it's back to the dark ages ! :NoNo:

fred
18th January 2017, 18:07
The law is simple...DONT USE or DEAL DRUGS in the R.P!! Everyone has been warned..

I'm usually pretty keen on an ordered and disciplined society, but everyone is entitled to a trial in court, in a civilised country

The Philippines until now is not a civilized society...Its Dept of justice is corrupt like most of its other public offices, so a fair trial in it`s courts is unlikely unless you pay up.
You should know that by now.

What did the Aquino`s do to improve corruption and justice for Filipino people??

F@ck all!!

The Filipino people voted Du30 in by a large majority...He has a mandate to serve them as he promised he would do..
Only time will tell if he forfill`s his promises..
It`s their country..They voted,and I for one will respect the will of the Filipino people.

Arthur Little
18th January 2017, 19:01
Interesting read,private school in worcestershire educated yet ends up shot in a manila gutter....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3795010/Daughter-playboy-trickster-British-Baron-shot-dead-Manila-amid-savage-war-drugs.html

Clearly the product of an extremely dysfunctional family ... :yeahthat:'s for sure!

grahamw48
18th January 2017, 22:40
The law is simple...DONT USE or DEAL DRUGS in the R.P!! Everyone has been warned..

The Philippines until now is not a civilized society...Its Dept of justice is corrupt like most of its other public offices, so a fair trial in it`s courts is unlikely unless you pay up.
You should know that by now.

What did the Aquino`s do to improve corruption and justice for Filipino people??

F@ck all!!

The Filipino people voted Du30 in by a large majority...He has a mandate to serve them as he promised he would do..
Only time will tell if he forfill`s his promises..
It`s their country..They voted,and I for one will respect the will of the Filipino people.

Yes, and I will repeat... everyone is entitled to a trial in court.

I will respect the will of those who were not paid to vote, for starters.

I have no comment to make on Aquino or any other past Filipino politician. I know very little about them. Neither do I care. As you say, it is their country. My only concern is for my safety when there, and the safety of my family.

Admittedly I've only been visiting or living there since 1990, but it is only since Duterte was elected, and having seen how he has actively encouraged murder, hate against foreigners (we're all Americans to them)... and having read and listened to his ridiculous ramblings, that I have for the first time felt UNSAFE when in the Philippines.

fred
19th January 2017, 04:32
Yes, and I will repeat... everyone is entitled to a trial in court.

That`s very true in the West but what kind of justice will it lead to over here?

Here,I would pay hundreds of Thousands,even millions of Peso`s to avoid a charge ever being filed against me or any member of my immediate family.
If someone ever hurt one of mine over here, I would use my life savings on a private investigator and my own judgement to convict..
Fortunately,we live in a peaceful community here and we are very aware of the rules and local culture..We respect them to the hilt and life is good.

fred
19th January 2017, 04:55
Duterte in November led the inauguration of a 10,000-bed rehabilitation center funded by Chinese billionaire Huang Rulun.
About 700,000 addicts have registered with authorities amid Duterte's anti-illegal drug campaign but the Philippines has few facilities to treat them.

Coming soon: Mega drug rehabs in Visayas, Mindanao

http://news.abs-cbn.com/video/focus/01/18/17/coming-soon-mega-drug-rehabs-in-visayas-mindanao

Good news...Right?

Tawi2
19th January 2017, 10:05
The greatness of a nation can be judged by how it treats its weakest members or so they say,drug addiction like alcoholism is a weakness,its a flaw in a character,i truthfully dont think a persons weakness in that direction deserves a bullet,its a sad reflection on the philippines but i learnt long ago life is very very cheap there.One thing of note,i have looked at lots of pics of shot "addicts",a lot seem to have shiny guns lying within a foot or so of their trigger hand :laugher: i shouldnt laugh,but draw your own conclusions :wink: i do hope they get the rehab centres off the ground,and stamp out shabu,how about tightly controlling the supply of precursors and stamping out the corruption that allows them to be available,without them you cant make ice.

grahamw48
19th January 2017, 12:44
Well, don't want to upset China (the suppliers) too much, eh.

Tawi2
19th January 2017, 14:30
Well, don't want to upset China (the suppliers) too much, eh.
Correct,the philippines ephedrine and pseudoephedrine precursers are sourced from china,china also supplies many of the chemists,i was in davao around 10 years back when a chinese gang were killed for manufacturing shabu,its not low level pedicab drivers or tinderas using shabu to escape the everyday soul sapping poverty they endure who are pulling the strings and setting up labs,its fatcat filipino chinese and politically active pinoys who are the moneymen,its an open secret in pinas,but shoot a few thousand people whose lives dont matter and you appease the voting sheeple,the people at the bottom are soon replaced,to kill a snake you cut of its head not its tail,the mexican cartels have seen the philippines as a good market for several years because those at the top are corrupt as an online virus,and easily bribable.

fred
19th January 2017, 15:40
Correct,the philippines ephedrine and pseudoephedrine precursers are sourced from china,china also supplies many of the chemists,i was in davao around 10 years back when a chinese gang were killed for manufacturing shabu,its not low level pedicab drivers or tinderas using shabu to escape the everyday soul sapping poverty they endure who are pulling the strings and setting up labs,its fatcat filipino chinese and politically active pinoys who are the moneymen,its an open secret in pinas,but shoot a few thousand people whose lives dont matter and you appease the voting sheeple,the people at the bottom are soon replaced,to kill a snake you cut of its head not its tail,the mexican cartels have seen the philippines as a good market for several years because those at the top are corrupt as an online virus,and easily bribable.

Past governments,knew very well the size of the problem and how fast it was getting completely out of control..What did they do? They hid and downsized the problem just paying political lip service as usual..
Pretty sure Filipino`s knew this as when I asked them they just put it all down to corruption as normal,lack of discipline blah blah..Same old story.
This Duterte guy is as rough as guts..No doubt about it but guess what? Filipino`s are scared of him and they respect him because of that fear..
I was talking to a guest of mine 3 months ago that was a professor at U.P in Manila.. He told me that most Filipino`s realize they have been naughty and what they need is a proper spanking...Thats why they voted for DU30.
When he says he will personally kill criminals,they believe him..When he tells them to surrender..They do it.
He knows his people far better than we do and he knows what it will take to make them stop..
It`s easy to just say that poor pushers are getting slaughtered but if you look nationally how many Mayor`s houses have been raided locally,its hard to find such a comparison in Filipino history..
The President issued a large list of suspected "Narco mayors" months ago...He ordered all Mayors to Manila last week for a meeting..
I wonder how many dared to show up?
Those missing from that meeting will be under extreme scrutiny and trust me..They are .....ing their pants.
This DU30 guy,I admit is one scary SOB..
Good!!

Tawi2
19th January 2017, 16:10
Its goes a lot higher than the mayors fred,a lot higher,i already cited one rotten apple ronald singson who despite being a convicted cocaine smuggler being walked through NAIA by a head customs official because of his and his fathers power once again became a congressman when he returned to the PI after his incarceration in honkers,thats the type of deep rooted upper echelon corruption thats at the heart of the issue,the tindera and pedicab driver are collateral damage,if duterte started popping off corrupt congressmen then it might truly change things.

fred
19th January 2017, 16:47
Its goes a lot higher than the mayors fred,a lot higher,i already cited one rotten apple ronald singson who despite being a convicted cocaine smuggler being walked through NAIA by a head customs official because of his and his fathers power once again became a congressman when he returned to the PI after his incarceration in honkers,thats the type of deep rooted upper echelon corruption thats at the heart of the issue,the tindera and pedicab driver are collateral damage,if duterte started popping off corrupt congressmen then it might truly change things.

Corrupt senators and Congressmen are,I have no doubt are on his long term agenda as this thing plays out.. The truth is though that demand for drugs is at street level via Municipalities ,Barangay and local PNP jurisdiction throughout the country..
Reduce demand..Strangle supply.
From my observation..It seems to be working.
These are only my personal opinions...Nothing more.
I continue to respect opposing views..Sometimes I learn from them.
Pray,continue!

Tawi2
19th January 2017, 17:09
Demand isnt going to be reduced though fred,an addict is an addict,look at prohibition of alcohol in the states in the 1920's prohibition just drives the price up,alcohol was illegal but people still drank,indeed demnad is mainly street level but thats not where you hit it,if you have an oak tree thats affecting your foundations you hit it at supply ie root level,you dont pluck 6000 leaves off the tree and hope it whithers and dies,you get it at its strength ie the roots.I look forward to seeing a few high level players shot,but its not going to happen due to power,cash,cronyism,if it does happen i would be the first in line to applaud.

fred
19th January 2017, 18:01
Demand isnt going to be reduced though fred,an addict is an addict,look at prohibition of alcohol in the states in the 1920's prohibition just drives the price up,alcohol was illegal but people still drank,indeed demnad is mainly street level but thats not where you hit it,if you have an oak tree thats affecting your foundations you hit it at supply ie root level,you dont pluck 6000 leaves off the tree and hope it whithers and dies,you get it at its strength ie the roots.I look forward to seeing a few high level players shot,but its not going to happen due to power,cash,cronyism,if it does happen i would be the first in line to applaud.

Ive told this story before.. Two of our workers were shabu addicts as were a large number of our neighbours..They used their bahay kubu next to our building as their shabu den in broad daylight on a regular basis..
Since the DU30 order to surrender and they did just that with thousands of others.
About 2 months after surrendering one of them was ordered by the barangay to report to the PNP for a drug test as they were suspicious of him.. Had he been tested positive,his life would have been in peril..I gave him a 50/50 chance.
He was tested negative and returned to work the next day.
We have asked them if they have attempted to purchase Shabu since...They told us not a chance...Everyone is scared to buy as the new pushers are mostly PNP drug buy/bust merchants..
Anyway...They no longer feel that they are addicts..Red horse nalang!
Oh yeah..The shabu den is now a Red horse den.
Huge noticeable difference,just about everywhere on Panglao..Frankly,I`m amazed.

Marco..Thanks for rep!

Tawi2
19th January 2017, 18:06
Time will tell fred,and i always thought alcohol is a far greater drug and legal menace to society.

Terpe
20th January 2017, 11:27

True, he was charged and convicted with drug trafficking as he transited through Hong Kong on his way to Macau for some kind of poker event.

He was caught carrying 6.67 grams (0.24 ozs) of cocaine at the airport.
He alleges this was given to him a friend.

He also claims that he pleaded for leniency on the basis that it was for personal use only but the courts prefered to stand fast that he may have decided to share with his friend. Thus no personal use.

Anyway this episode wasn't deemed serious enough to prevent him securing a US Visa.

I seem to recall that Obama admitted he used cocaine and marijuana.

Tawi2
20th January 2017, 11:30
There wasnt actually 6.67 grams when he was first caught,i remember it was a bit more than that,but thats how much it ended up for some wierd reason?speculation at the time was it was a sample of the samal cocaine drop he was delivering,stories get twisted.

Terpe
20th January 2017, 11:33
..........stories get twisted.

Yes. They do

Tawi2
20th January 2017, 11:38
This was the original amount,i was going to say stories get twisted if you can afford a top of the range lawyer.....He was caught with just under an ounce,a massive amount for personal unless your nose has no septum.:biggrin:

Jump to Arrest in Hong Kong - On late July, it was reported that Singson was arrested at the Hong Kong International Airport for allegedly possessing 26.1 grams of cocaine and 2 tablets of Valium on July 11, ...

Terpe
20th January 2017, 12:14
I'm just saying. That's all

Regarding being a massive amount for personal use that is exactly what the courts stood by.
Nobody could agree what was any amount for personal use or in fact what that meant.
Depends on the intake of each user, depends whether it's a daily intake, weekly intake or monthly intake.
Anything over 1gram could be argued to potentially trigger intent to share or sell.
When considering such stuff as 'intent' it ain't worth disputing

Tawi2
20th January 2017, 12:32
Yup,the old personal use route,theres a police inspector at this very moment in a Yorkshire court trying to wriggle his way out of having just under 3/4 of a million quids worth of drugs in his house,i dont know how he intends to explain away the 11 kilos of coke found in his washing machine though..........:icon_lol:

grahamw48
20th January 2017, 14:56
... and we're trying to protect our kids from such morons. :mad:

fred
23rd January 2017, 16:03
Time will tell fred,and i always thought alcohol is a far greater drug and legal menace to society.

Time has been telling Tawi...Just got back from a Fiesta...One of many houses!!
Must have asked 60 guys if the war on drugs is working or not..
Not one word of a lie..All said a resounding YES!!
One asked me why I could see so many fat young people where 2 months earlier they were skinny rats!!
Most of the ex shabu users I met tonight were hitting the Red horse pretty hard...
To this very day...Filipino`s cannot handle their beer!!
ALL of them are off of Shabu...They all know what happens if they go back to their old lives... Dead meat..Or Prison..Take your pick.

Tawi2
23rd January 2017, 16:22
Give it a while fred,even duterte moved the goalposts from his original 6 month cleanup to another 6 months,lets see if he adresses the real problems,not street level stuff :smile:

fred
23rd January 2017, 17:03
Give it a while fred,even duterte moved the goalposts from his original 6 month cleanup to another 6 months,lets see if he adresses the real problems,not street level stuff :smile:

Nothing any leader or Politician says is any good till you see it with your own eyes..on the street Tawi.
I`m probably the worst political cynic you will ever meet.
I asked if Shabu was still available for buyers..They said yes,but it`s rare and it`s priced in USD..
Even then,its dangerous to take the chance as it could still be a buy/bust Op.

grahamw48
23rd January 2017, 18:05
Well naturally we all hope that he will be successful in cutting down the drug use Fred. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
24th January 2017, 09:30
Interesting watch,will pinas cut age of criminal responsibility from 15 to 9?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=10c_1483012797

grahamw48
24th January 2017, 11:56
This:

“If we punish children, later on when they grow up, that will produce the same outcome,” said social worker April Amistoso.

“They will punish others also. So they’ll be labelled as criminals. But if we help them, they could be a good factor in the community.”

15 is much too old for immunity from criminal responsibility, and yes, that needs lowering to maybe 10 or 11 years, but hopefully the man isn't considering shooting little kids.
:NoNo:
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=10c_1483012797#EVsWcfViwbBO0eKc.99

Tawi2
24th January 2017, 12:01
When i found that footage on liveleaks theres also a report on a security guard who was arrested for shooting dead a cross-dressing mute :cwm25: