PDA

View Full Version : Cheap city breaks

stevewool
7th February 2017, 09:14
We have all seen then adverts , and the budget airlines bargins , but have you tried to get the dates and the flight times you are wanting from the airport you want too.
Well then these so called budget airlines are not so cheap anymore and these search engines for hotels too.
I am looking for a short break over to Prague late March for 3 nights, flying out 25/03 back on the 28/03, well its harder then you think.
You want the best times but many who fly direct its a late flight out and a early flight back so you are losing like a day and then you have to include your bags and so on, then you add airport parking and the next minute your cheap break is not cheap anymore.
Easy jet flying out of Manchester and a hotel for 2 adds up to over £600 and thats not including parking and getting there, there are no direct flights from East mids so rather then a few hours flight its 7 or 8 or even more flying indirect .
But hang about lets look at British Airways , same dates same hotel, flying out at 7am, flying back when we want ie back in England 6.30pm for the amazing price £390 and thats for 2 people .
Ok we have to travel down there to London Heathrow and pay for parking and travel back too, so add on a hour each way compared to Manchester.
Looks like BA is having our cash again.

Tawi2
7th February 2017, 09:34
I have some flying lessons booked in april so i am flying to the south of france,booked with a low cost airline,still very cheap though at a hundred and odd quid,i was in canada last year and was looking at the flights between ottawa and nunavut,internal flight but it was still around £1800 :yikes: i am going to have to shell out that price or similar someday soon as churchill manitoba kayaking with the beluga whales is on my bucket list.Heathrow is my favourite airport :smile: but only because i can almost roll out of bed and be there :smile:

stevewool
7th February 2017, 11:38
Like you Heathrow is a great airport just a little to far sometimes depending on traffic, but with savings like these you just can't afford not to go there,
That's a expensive fight you are taking , is that just for the flights

Tawi2
7th February 2017, 11:43
Yes mate,ottawa to nunavut is an internal Canadian flight its £1800 for a ottawa-nunavut return,internals in canada are ridiculous,i can get a heathrow-vancouver for around £600'ish?Thats the same price for a ottawa-vancouver and they are in the same country.We have it easy here with low cost airlines and discounted flights :smile: i live 20? minutes from heathrow,thats why its my preferred airport.

stevewool
7th February 2017, 12:46
i live 20? minutes from heathrow,thats why its my preferred airport.

Do you do B& B , being that close or park on the drive, meet and greet, or anything that is free.:biggrin:

Tawi2
7th February 2017, 12:51
Everything is expensive in this area Steve,i dont think the locals understand the word cheap :icon_lol:

Terpe
7th February 2017, 16:10
We did loads of 'city breaks' with BA

Could book the flight, hotel, tours etc all under one booking with one payment.
Most were really great value and the hotels and tours all good

We had some wonderful times and great memories.

stevewool
7th February 2017, 19:38
It was you Peter that put me onto BA , you did a Rome tour and mentioned ed the tour of the Vatican to me,.
Indeed great deals from this company