PDA

View Full Version : Child Tax Credits Joint claim (No recourse to Funds)

songz777
11th February 2017, 14:32
Hi guys.

We are able to claim child Tax Credits. This is how it all works out.

My wife has no recourse to public funds.
I rang the HMRC and they said to send a cover note about this. I stated in the letter the situation. The money is paid into my account in mY name only.

When you fill out the form you still need to put partners details in.

Yesterday I received the letter confirming payments, but the child tax credit was made out to my wife, I rang HMRC and they said it was ok and that she had to be included in a joint claim for Josh to have this benefit, however the main thing was that the money was being paid to me in my name and account and not hers.

I have made notes of this correspondance for future reference should there be any issues.

Hope this helps some of you.

John & Angeline

Michael Parnham
11th February 2017, 17:42
Hi guys.

We are able to claim child Tax Credits. This is how it all works out.

My wife has no recourse to public funds.
I rang the HMRC and they said to send a cover note about this. I stated in the letter the situation. The money is paid into my account in mY name only.

When you fill out the form you still need to put partners details in.

Yesterday I received the letter confirming payments, but the child tax credit was made out to my wife, I rang HMRC and they said it was ok and that she had to be included in a joint claim for Josh to have this benefit, however the main thing was that the money was being paid to me in my name and account and not hers.

I have made notes of this correspondance for future reference should there be any issues.

Hope this helps some of you.

John & Angeline

Must admit don't know what tax credits are really, what are they for?

songz777
15th February 2017, 21:12
Basically if you earn under a set figure I think its £25k you may be entitled to a sum of money each month ( working tax credits) and for a child you can claim for Child tax credit again it all depends upon the hours you work, part time, full time and how much your salary is at last P60.

Hope this helps.
John

Michael Parnham
15th February 2017, 22:29
Thank you John I will make further enquiries:xxgrinning--00xx3: