PDA

View Full Version : tories may imprison sponsors of relatives who outstay visa

joebloggs
28th December 2007, 22:38
Relatives of foreigners who outstay their visas could face imprisonment, under plans put to the Conservatives. :icon_lol::icon_lol::NoNo::Rasp::Cuckoo:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7162781.stm

KeithD
29th December 2007, 10:37
They don't even jail Doherty or prolific shoplifters (mostly Mancs).....so the courts certainly aren't going to lock up anyone for that. Must be that time of the month for the Tories!!!

andypaul
29th December 2007, 10:57
Good
Would mean with other measures like huge fines would mean hopefully the system would not be abused half as much as it is now and then people who desprately need realtives and loved ones to get vist visas may get them far more easily.

If you break the rules you should pay. If you cant do the time dont commit the crime.

My Wife would love her little brother amongst over realtives to come over we would follow all the rules put down and would accept if we broke the rules the country would punish us. But due to all these overstayers who selfishly think of themselves, now the system in place means the chances of my Wifes little brother coming over for a visit are very very low.

If they said ok gives us the deeds of your house and they are not returned unless the wifes lill bro gets back on the plane, we as law abiding citzens would have no problem with that.
At the moment i can think of several people i know who have realtives or friends who are overstayers of visit visas and the like (none phill) there is no come back on the sponsor who has knowingly allowed them and supported them. Which as far as im concerned is aiding and abetting someone who has broken the law.
Due to the fact there is no come back to the sponsor and low chances of a overstayer getting caught for years. Something needs to be done.

aromulus
29th December 2007, 10:59
They don't even jail Doherty or prolific shoplifters (mostly Mancs).....so the courts certainly aren't going to lock up anyone for that. Must be that time of the month for the Tories!!!

Eh........

If they are prepared to jail people for two years, for using a mobile while driving or old biddies for refusing to pay excessive Council taxes, and in the meantime let out of the nick all the real crims.......:NoNo:
What makes you think that they ain't going to jail innocent sponsors and fine them zillions while they are at it...???:Erm:

Instead of directing the attention towards the real problems associated with legal and illegal immigration. asylum seeking, fake or kosher, They take the easy way out, which leads to nowhere.
They should put a total stop to the intake (apart from genuine cases, ie spouse and a couple others), until they root out all the illegals and send them packing back where they came from.
A couple of countries in Europe don't have any problems in evicting and deporting undesirables. Why so much fuss here???