PDA

View Full Version : Barong and where to get them

raintrek
20th February 2017, 12:22
Me and my partner are getting married on March 18th and we want to wear them for the reception ... too cold for him in our glorious British weather!

We're based in Northampton (UK) and we've asked the family out in Philippines to source some (not difficult) but the costs are coming back at £120 for the two which is a little over our budget seeing as it's not far off what we're paying for renting the suits .... although we would own them but unlikely to wear them again any time soon!

Does anyone know of anywhere that might sell some Barong (is that a plural or is there an s on the end?) We do have some Pakistani/Indian stores around but I checked their websites and they just seem to do women.

Thanks in advance

stevewool
20th February 2017, 12:25
I have one , would you like to borrow it/ have it.
It was given to me by Mick, a member on here.
I wore it for my wedding here in Derby.

stevewool
20th February 2017, 12:26
But I have only one

raintrek
20th February 2017, 13:01
Sadly, we will need two what with us both being fella's and, hence the reason we can't get married there as we'd have preferred. That said, if we do not find something soon, we'll be very grateful for anything and I am sure I recall reading about Mick helping you out on here

stevewool
20th February 2017, 13:04
Sadly, we will need two what with us both being fella's and, hence the reason we can't get married there as we'd have preferred. That said, if we do not find something soon, we'll be very grateful for anything and I am sure I recall reading about Mick helping you out on here

Just let me know, and I hope it all goes well for both of you on your great day.

Terpe
20th February 2017, 14:49
We're based in Northampton (UK) and we've asked the family out in Philippines to source some (not difficult) but the costs are coming back at £120 for the two which is a little over our budget

Should be easily possible to source much lower than that in Philippines. Although as you know some can be very expensive.
Time is getting too short now to source 'off-the-peg' from Philippines as it would mean fast (expensive) mailing route to be sure of receiving in UK

Personally I've no idea if they are available at low-price in UK but I very much doubt it.

raintrek
20th February 2017, 19:28
Should be easily possible to source much lower than that in Philippines. Although as you know some can be very expensive.
Time is getting too short now to source 'off-the-peg' from Philippines as it would mean fast (expensive) mailing route to be sure of receiving in UK

Personally I've no idea if they are available at low-price in UK but I very much doubt it.

Yes, quite right ... shipping alone to get them here on time is almost £45. we've about a week before we've got to make a commitment so, either I find somewhere UK based or get them shipped over whilst also wishing I'd thought to get them ourselves the last time we were there or, indeed, as my partner only got her 2 weeks ago, if we'd thought of it at the time!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing

stevewool
20th February 2017, 19:39
It may look very nice with you in a suit and your partner in a borong ,
But it's a special day and you have to get this right.

raintrek
20th February 2017, 19:42
It may look very nice with you in a suit and your partner in a borong ,
But it's a special day and you have to get this right.

We both want to wear one. This isn't just a joining of us it's a joining of nations so, parts of the occasion will be British with other parts Pilipino equally between us

stevewool
20th February 2017, 20:12
We both want to wear one. This isn't just a joining of us it's a joining of nations so, parts of the occasion will be British with other parts Pilipino equally between us

Try ebay or Gumtree you may be lucky on there