PDA

View Full Version : Weekend city break

stevewool
23rd February 2017, 08:49
Trying to arranged a long weekend away for me and Ems , i have looked at Venice, Barcelona, Florence and Pisa and even Edinburgh.
A nice 3 or 4 days away starting at Saturday and maybe back Tuesday.
The trouble i am finding is flights and the times you leave and arrive at your destination, if you are not careful you could lose 2 days with late flight and very early flights coming back, so the weekend break becomes 1 full day out of 3or 2 full days out of 4.
Now if you fly with British airways but from London you can chose what time to fly so you can have 3 or 4 full days at your destination, but the price zooms up.
Now Edinburgh we can drive up when we want get there midday and its just the cost of a tank or fuel, ok we have to travel for 5 hours , but when you add the time at the airport the hour flight plus the cost for two, Well i am gong to put forward to Ems Scotland looks like the winner.
Plus coming back we can pop over to Lindisfarne and Bamburgh castle .
We shall see where Emma wants to go

Tawi2
23rd February 2017, 09:13
Last minute getaways can be expensive at times,two weeks ago i was with a mate on a saturday,he decided as his two small children were off for a week he might find a flight/ hotel for the week and fly the following day (sunday) spur of the moment decision,he is looking on his phone,everything is top money,cant get a direct flight to spain as they are all chock a block with families taking the kids away,he tells his wife find something for tomorrow and book it :biggrin: they ended up going to the hard rock hotel in tenerife,left sunday morning came back on the friday evening,cost including flights and a really nice suite was 4k :yikes:

stevewool
23rd February 2017, 09:21
Last minute getaways can be expensive at times,two weeks ago i was with a mate on a saturday,he decided as his two small children were off for a week he might find a flight/ hotel for the week and fly the following day (sunday) spur of the moment decision,he is looking on his phone,everything is top money,cant get a direct flight to spain as they are all chock a block with families taking the kids away,he tells his wife find something for tomorrow and book it :biggrin: they ended up going to the hard rock hotel in tenerife,left sunday morning came back on the friday evening,cost including flights and a really nice suite was 4k :yikes:

I like to think i have a budget and try to stick to it, we are lucky we really dont have a budget but i hate wasting money .
Our break to Prague is costing £260 all in except spending money and that is 3 nights . a bargin.
Scotland we can get hotel with parking and breakfast right near the royal yacht for £306 for 3 nights,

Terpe
23rd February 2017, 15:04
Blackpool

stevewool
23rd February 2017, 15:40
Blackpool

I thought of there too. But I could never afford the fairgrounds rides

Terpe
23rd February 2017, 15:47
We went there once.
It was closed, well except for the skateborders druggies drunks and .................

stevewool
23rd February 2017, 15:51
I shall give that a miss, looking at North way over the Easter break the Lynn pernisula