PDA

View Full Version : Same routine day in day out

stevewool
27th February 2017, 09:11
My working life is set by the clock.
It tells me what time to wake up, what time to go to work ,to Finnish work and then what time I go to bed,
Weekends are different, that's when to a certain extent I can please myself, the clock can go out of the window.
So what happens to the folk who have just retired, do you still have the routine, or has it changed and how long did it take to get use to this new part of your life, or you have not use to it yet.
What will I do when the clock does not rule my life, but I will still have the wife trying to do that I suppose.:biggrin:

fred
27th February 2017, 10:36
These days I`m up at at five, and at the work site 8.00 AM sharp... Slave away till lunch then have a lazy beer or 4...Back on site at 1.00PM till 5 PM.. The Mrs is really cracking the whip.

mickcant
27th February 2017, 11:03
I finished working on the 19 Aug 2008, it was a shaky end to my 49 year working life!

My occupation in earlier life was a mechanic, and repaired the island ambulances for many years and was always on call, I ended up in the hospital transport department delivering store and transporting staff and residents, until the smaller hospitals were closed and I was moved to the stores on internal deliveries.

By then in 2009 I was going through a very bad time because my new Filipino wife had disappeared after our 2008 marriage in the Philippines.

Her family thought I had done something to upset her and kept asking me for info, I knew nothing and was so bad at work they made me retire a year early at 64.

It turned out she was with a Filipino boyfriend and was pregnant, so keeping away from everybody,
She did eventually arrive here and said nothing about the boyfriend or baby, but said she had lost the money I had left with her as she wanted to arrange her own flight her and was working to save up to pay for another flight, of course I ended up paying for it again.
Her heart was not in the marriage and she left me to stay with other Filipino's ensnare, we then divorced.

After a bad few months I settled into life alone again, and engrossed myself in my hobbies, my dog Charlie, :animal-smiley-037: family tree research, Island (Isle of Wight) local history, in which I mad DVD slide shows and sold them for charity and general computer rebuilding and using.

Now in 2017 it is nearly 9 years since I worked, I am never without something to do to occupy myself, the family tree can take every hour you have and I normally do 3 or 4 hours a day on it.

Time passes very quickly I am still an early riser and make to most of every day.
Mick. :olddude:

stevewool
27th February 2017, 12:57
These days I`m up at at five, and at the work site 8.00 AM sharp... Slave away till lunch then have a lazy beer or 4...Back on site at 1.00PM till 5 PM.. The Mrs is really cracking the whip.

If I was on a site like yours, I would be doing the same

stevewool
27th February 2017, 12:57
I finished working on the 19 Aug 2008, it was a shaky end to my 49 year working life!

My occupation in earlier life was a mechanic, and repaired the island ambulances for many years and was always on call, I ended up in the hospital transport department delivering store and transporting staff and residents, until the smaller hospitals were closed and I was moved to the stores on internal deliveries.

By then in 2009 I was going through a very bad time because my new Filipino wife had disappeared after our 2008 marriage in the Philippines.

Her family thought I had done something to upset her and kept asking me for info, I knew nothing and was so bad at work they made me retire a year early at 64.

It turned out she was with a Filipino boyfriend and was pregnant, so keeping away from everybody,
She did eventually arrive here and said nothing about the boyfriend or baby, but said she had lost the money I had left with her as she wanted to arrange her own flight her and was working to save up to pay for another flight, of course I ended up paying for it again.
Her heart was not in the marriage and she left me to stay with other Filipino's ensnare, we then divorced.

After a bad few months I settled into life alone again, and engrossed myself in my hobbies, my dog Charlie, :animal-smiley-037: family tree research, Island (Isle of Wight) local history, in which I mad DVD slide shows and sold them for charity and general computer rebuilding and using.

Now in 2017 it is nearly 9 years since I worked, I am never without something to do to occupy myself, the family tree can take every hour you have and I normally do 3 or 4 hours a day on it.

Time passes very quickly I am still an early riser and make to most of every day.
Mick. :olddude:

Have you got back far doing the family tree Mick.

Michael Parnham
27th February 2017, 13:08
Always rise at 5am and always go to bed reasonably early, and every day of my life is busy one way or another, recently finished digging out the pond And when I ordered the liner they worked out their calculations and told me it will hold 2000 gallons of water so I will call Severn Trent and let them know when it will be filled, I think they will ask me to check my meter before and after its full then give me a price so that I can pay in order not to increase my direct debit:Erm:

mickcant
28th February 2017, 05:39
Have you got back far doing the family tree Mick.

1700 from both my parents lines, with 18182 people in 5521 families, not all are directly related to me of course some are related to in laws etc.
Mick.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
28th February 2017, 15:04
Life after retirement is all about the priorities set by yourself for yourself.

It's wonderful :Jump:

Just wish I could have retired earlier

stevewool
28th February 2017, 15:55
Life after retirement is all about the priorities set by yourself for yourself.

It's wonderful :Jump:

Just wish I could have retired earlier

Lots of people say that Peter, I wish I could have gone earlier ,
I hope I just can remind Emma this for many years to come.

fred
28th February 2017, 16:02
We just got back from a mate`s birthday party..His house has a balcony with a beach view and the sunset this evening was amazing!!
Back to work tomorrow..Groan!!

stevewool
28th February 2017, 16:10
We just got back from a mate`s birthday party..His house has a balcony with a beach view and the sunset this evening was amazing!!
Back to work tomorrow..Groan!!

Rub it in, why don't you.:bigcry:

fred
28th February 2017, 16:30
Sorry Steve..Didnt mean it that way..
Anyway,you can talk, with all your fancy holiday pics this (and last) year!!

Longweekend
28th February 2017, 18:52
Yes Fred I can see snow from our window....:cwm25:

stevewool
28th February 2017, 20:18
Yes Fred I can see snow from our window....:cwm25:

Did that stop you going out with all that snow.
It did close Manchester airport with all those snowdrifts :Erm:

stevewool
28th February 2017, 20:19
Sorry Steve..Didnt mean it that way..
Anyway,you can talk, with all your fancy holiday pics this (and last) year!!

Glad you liked them Fred, :xxgrinning--00xx3: