PDA

View Full Version : Search engines

stevewool
7th March 2017, 08:28
What do you use to look for things on your computer , its called a search engine.
I use Google and i think its the best for me, or could it be i am use to it rather then trying something else.
At work i use google too but when searching for a place on a map , Bing is the best out there for Transport, when you zoom into places it shows the names of farms and so on and for us thats very important when a post code covers a set area.
I have tried other search engines but google stands out the best.

Longweekend
7th March 2017, 09:16
as said , "Google is your friend"....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
7th March 2017, 09:35
Don't know what Google, You Tube, Cloud or any of those things are, I just type what I'm looking for in that long box at top left of the screen, as for the keyboard I've only ever clicked on letters and numbers don't know what the other keys mean so I dare not press any of them:Erm:

stevewool
7th March 2017, 09:53
as said , "Google is your friend"....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank God for that , I have more then 3 now:biggrin:

stevewool
7th March 2017, 09:55
Don't know what Google, You Tube, Cloud or any of those things are, I just type what I'm looking for in that long box at top left of the screen, as for the keyboard I've only ever clicked on letters and numbers don't know what the other keys mean so I dare not press any of them:Erm:

Well if you don't know what all these things are just type it in your box and everything will be explained, it's that simple.
But if you don't need anything like that, then there is no need to do anything.

Terpe
7th March 2017, 13:13
I use Google.
Tried plenty of others but Google serves me very well .........so far

Terpe
7th March 2017, 13:15

Michael, I'm pretty sure if head along to your local Library or better still enrol to an evening class you'll find the 'world is your oyster' when using the internet.
So much information available for you.
Live a life you want...

Michael Parnham
7th March 2017, 17:59
Michael, I'm pretty sure if head along to your local Library or better still enrol to an evening class you'll find the 'world is your oyster' when using the internet.
So much information available for you.
Live a life you want...
Mmmmmmmmmmmm!

stevewool
7th March 2017, 19:49
I use Google for flights , holidays looking for anything that takes my fancy, lots in Bohol.
You tube for films , pictures and programes infact you can go back years looking for stuff,
Facebook to see what others are up to, freinds, family even folk doing the most stupid of things, showing off but it's all fun and light hearted stuff, I don't watch anything that in my eyes is wrong and bad,
But it's a big world out there and 99% is fantastic.

fred
7th March 2017, 23:03

First lesson..Try pressing the ALT+F4 buttons at the same time.. Handy if you are in a rush.

jonnijon
7th March 2017, 23:06
Only problem with google is, it tracks everything you do. Also Facebook keeps putting up suggestions of people you may know, and I do know some of them. I have no information in facebook profile!!!!! So think about it. Use "Duck Duck Go" for anonymous seaching.

Terpe
8th March 2017, 01:53
Only problem with google is, it tracks everything you do. Also Facebook keeps putting up suggestions of people you may know, and I do know some of them. I have no information in facebook profile!!!!! So think about it. Use "Duck Duck Go" for anonymous seaching.

There's a little app available to block all that google stuff.
I'll sort it out later

stevewool
8th March 2017, 08:25
There is a block button on every program you may not want to open, its called do not press OPEN.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
8th March 2017, 10:59
There's a little app available to block all that google stuff.
I'll sort it out later

It's called GoogleClean

Michael Parnham
8th March 2017, 11:09
Every time I've finished on the computer I always go into Control Panel-Internet Options and Delete before shutting down.:smile: