PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve Fireworks London Eye

ginapeterb
31st December 2007, 14:48
We are just off to London on the tube to get ready for New Years Celebrations

Listen everyone, Gina and I are just about to leave to get the tube into London for the new years eve fireworks on London eye, wonder if anyone else will be in the massive crowd expected tonight, if so, happy new year in advance to you all, and if It will be 2008 when we get back at 2am in morning, so to the Philippines readers, happy new year, enjoy yours in about 5 hours, see you all in 2008.

vbkelly
31st December 2007, 15:05
We are just off to London on the tube to get ready for New Years Celebrations

Listen everyone, Gina and I are just about to leave to get the tube into London for the new years eve fireworks on London eye, wonder if anyone else will be in the massive crowd expected tonight, if so, happy new year in advance to you all, and if It will be 2008 when we get back at 2am in morning, so to the Philippines readers, happy new year, enjoy yours in about 5 hours, see you all in 2008.

wow its nice to be therehappy new year to both of you and to all of us here in the forum:xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050:

KeithD
31st December 2007, 20:38
Hope you enjoy the slice of tax Northeners have paid for to go up in smoke :rolleyes:

winner
31st December 2007, 21:24
yes me and my wife be in london to happy new year to all god bless

IanB
31st December 2007, 21:52
Hope you enjoy the slice of tax Northeners have paid for to go up in smoke :rolleyes:

Actually paid for by Londoners. Which is nice for those of us who live outside the GLA, and especially for the thousands of northerners in London this week getting thier kicks for free!

Ian

KeithD
31st December 2007, 22:50
You mean Northern tax doesn't get spent on anything in London? Must vanish like magic then!!

walesrob
31st December 2007, 23:58
Fireworks for the folk in London Village? Whatever next? Trains? Petrol driven cars? :omg:

Happy new year to Keith and Ping, Pete and Gina, Mr and Mrs joebloggs and all our lovely members. See you all in 2008!

Peanutz
1st January 2008, 00:57
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

nigel
1st January 2008, 01:40
Happy New year everybody!! I feel sad right now, 'cause I wish Vimvie was here..:NoNo: But hey! She'll be here in February!! :BouncyHappy:

gracia143
1st January 2008, 01:51
A bountiful New Year to all!!!!

joebloggs
1st January 2008, 02:10
Fireworks for the folk in London Village? Whatever next? Trains? Petrol driven cars? :omg:

Happy new year to Keith and Ping, Pete and Gina, Mr and Mrs joebloggs and all our lovely members. See you all in 2008!

thanks rob, and happy new year to you and your wife rob, and to scouser keith and his wife :D, only time of the year you'll hear me say that :D
and to pete and everyone else, i hope its a good year for us all :Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
1st January 2008, 02:20
Actually paid for by Londoners. Which is nice for those of us who live outside the GLA, and especially for the thousands of northerners in London this week getting thier kicks for free!

Ian

We made an investment of 1.3 million quid or so and got loads of publicty around the world a fortune paid in vat on goods bought by the vistors.

Also we entertain the rest of the country not often you can say a londoner goes to the effort of making someone smile as we like to be moody.

Happy New year to all in phill and UK

andypaul
1st January 2008, 02:21
You mean Northern tax doesn't get spent on anything in London? Must vanish like magic then!!

You mean northers pay tax:omg:

ginapeterb
1st January 2008, 04:24
Its now 3.18am and we just arrived back, how did it go for the guys who went, Gina and i and our other Filipino British couple friends, made it to the Embankment station around 10.00pm, we had to walk up the strand, and make it onto the waterloo bridge, where we got a reasonable view, we stood from about 10.30 to midnight and my feet were killing me, hats off to the 2 Filipino wives who were fantastic, although it rained, they never complained once, our friends brought wine and 4 cups, well done to D and J for bringing it.

Getting off Waterloo bridge was a nightmare, there were hundreds of thousands of bodies all trying to get down the Strand WC2 we managed to get into Charing Cross station and took the Northern Line to Tottenham Court road, that was around 2am, we changed onto the Central Line, and said goodbye to our freinds who took an earlier train.

We got back to Epping Station at about 2.50am, all in all a good experience, would I go again, probably not, the close proximity of hundreds of thousands of people was just too much to take, especially the shoving and jostling for places in the queue, anyway, its 2008.

Best wishes to everyone.

kimmi
1st January 2008, 12:58
Happy New Year to each and everyone!!!!:)