PDA

View Full Version : End of the financial year

stevewool
30th March 2017, 13:22
Another end to the financial year is looming and it's that time again to see if we have managed to do what we had set out to do from last year.
The answer is a big fat NO.
With saving rates and ISA rates being so low and everyone cutting there rates even lower it's had to make any profit this last year, it's going to be even harder this year i Imagine.
Holidays have taken a little chunk out of the savings but as someone said you can't take it with you.
So really I am happy so far with what we have achieved this financial year ,i wonder what this new one will bring us

Terpe
30th March 2017, 14:57
..........So really I am happy so far with what we have achieved this financial year ,i wonder what this new one will bring us

Given that inflation again overtakes interest rates on savings what makes you happy this last financial year?

For me I can stte my 'Double Taxation' claim has been received and approved by HMRC and payment is to be made tomorrow. WIN

Next year I'll be paying zero tax. WIN

stevewool
30th March 2017, 16:14
Given that inflation again overtakes interest rates on savings what makes you happy this last financial year?

We would have achieved our saving plan plus more if we did not spend on the holidays, that's what has made me happy.
The figures we set ourselves is without adding interest so it's an added bonus if there is interest.