PDA

View Full Version : PAL London - Manila

gm47
31st March 2017, 08:31
I believe PAL have removed the new planes they used on this route to use elsewhere, they are apparently now using 25+ years old planes :( I booked my flights to Manila for August and Xmas before I heard about this.

Anyone any information as how these flights are now. Any major differences ??

stevewool
31st March 2017, 08:33
Sorry cannot help, that's some old planes,

Tawi2
31st March 2017, 09:59
Friend of mine flew from manila-Bangkok last week,he said the planes are old with no TV's in the back of the seats and their inflight meal was a snack,cake I think?Why did PAL originally stop flying Fil-UK was it unpaid fuel bills?

Terpe
31st March 2017, 10:01
Seems PAL uses their Airbus A340-300 for London routes

These planes are definitely not 25 years old, but they are the oldest planes in the PAL fleet.
The ages vary between 15 years old and 17 years old

They have been refurbished and revamped at least once.

Terpe
31st March 2017, 10:13
Friend of mine flew from manila-Bangkok last week,he said the planes are old with no TV's in the back of the seats and their inflight meal was a snack,cake I think?Why did PAL originally stop flying Fil-UK was it unpaid fuel bills?

As far as I know the planes used by PAL for Manila/Bangkok are Airbus A321 and Airbus A330
Both relatively new in the PAL fleet.

What plane did he board ?

Tawi2
31st March 2017, 10:30
As far as I know the planes used by PAL for Manila/Bangkok are Airbus A321 and Airbus A330

I don't know what plane he boarded,i do know it left manila late earning the old Philippines Always Late PAL joke,i will find out when I speak to him,i have some mates arriving tomorrow also from Pinas,i will ask them when they get here.I was wrong about PAL being banned from UK for fuel debt,they were banned from EU airspace over safety concerns.

Longweekend
31st March 2017, 13:21

I thought it was not meeting some safety standards...:yikes:

Trefor
31st March 2017, 13:34
I thought it was not meeting some safety standards...:yikes:

Yes, EU regulations about flight and airline safety. Maintenance/documentation/records etc. I have flown LHR<>MNL and while it might be direct I find it a bit too much at 195cm tall in economy. Especially the return leg which last time took 15hr 45 mins. I'm also not 100% convinced about their safety and maintenance compared with the leading players.

We fly via the Middle East now from BHX. In fact Rose is boarding a DXB>MNL flight with Emirates at this very moment.

gm47
31st March 2017, 13:51
Seems PAL uses their Airbus A340-300 for London routes

These planes are definitely not 25 years old, but they are the oldest planes in the PAL fleet.
The ages vary between 15 years old and 17 years old

They have been refurbished and revamped at least once.

I guess 15/17 years old is better than 25 :) But if I had a choice of driving a car from 2000 or this years model I know which one I would prefer. That's probably the reason why my BC seats were so cheap :( Done now so will have to go with it this year :anerikke:

Terpe
31st March 2017, 14:14
I guess 15/17 years old is better than 25 :) But if I had a choice of driving a car from 2000 or this years model I know which one I would prefer. That's probably the reason why my BC seats were so cheap :( Done now so will have to go with it this year :anerikke:

Flying remains by far the safest mode of transport and PAL continues to be under very close scrutiny for safety by the EU

Stop worrying and enjoy the direct flight

gm47
31st March 2017, 17:36
Flying remains by far the safest mode of transport and PAL continues to be under very close scrutiny for safety by the EU

Stop worrying and enjoy the direct flight

Cheers but I'm not worried about flying at all 👍 I've flown so many times well over 100 + flights most long haul.
I was really asking about comfortablity, meals etc. Older planes don't have the pitch,space or facilities of modern aircraft.
Safety is obviously something you have to think about but once you're in the air what will be will be 😀

I will still enjoy my trip whatever it's like. 👍👍

SimonH
1st April 2017, 06:27
Put your flight details into Seatguru and that will give you all them information you're after :smile:

stevewool
1st April 2017, 08:45
Put your flight details into Seatguru and that will give you all them information you're after :smile:

A good site to find a good seat :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
3rd April 2017, 04:13

Confirmed by a second source, my mates sitting beside me drinking coffee, no TV on the manila-bkk flights, he says they seem refurbished planes, not new at all.

Longweekend
3rd April 2017, 08:10
A lick of paint and she's as good as new.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
3rd April 2017, 12:20
We deliver to plane sprayers and they do make a great job, like you say good as new, but it's everything else that is still old.

alanp
6th April 2017, 20:21
We used pal December yes the plane are old and looked like it had never been refurbished our return flight was cancelled so pal had to transfer us to virgin Atlantic and the food was not fit to eat.

Tawi2
7th April 2017, 00:47
Yes,three people in the last couple of weeks have told me the flight and service were shoddy Alan,and I have a pic of the planes interior, looks very similar to the one you posted,PAL should take a leaf out of Thai airways book :wink:

Michael Parnham
7th April 2017, 07:05
We used pal December yes the plane are old and looked like it had never been refurbished our return flight was cancelled so pal had to transfer us to virgin Atlantic and the food was not fit to eat.

How awful, how can they put aircraft in service that are in this condition, disgusting:NoNo:

stevewool
7th April 2017, 07:35

Thats a nice looking trainer that person is wearing .:biggrin:

Tawi2
7th April 2017, 09:36
Thats a nice looking trainer that person is wearing .:biggrin:
My kid who is an afficianado of training shoes said it looks like a nike AIRMAX 90 :smile:

stevewool
7th April 2017, 09:48
My kid who is an afficianado of training shoes said it looks like a nike AIRMAX 90 :smile:

It's amazing what you can see once you look at the picture property.:smile:

Tawi2
7th April 2017, 10:41
Its more fun in the Philippines :biggrin:http://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/philippine-airlines/

Michael Parnham
7th April 2017, 12:30
Its more fun in the Philippines :biggrin:http://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/philippine-airlines/

The reviews are correct, I never feel safe on any Philippine Airline,:cwm25:

stevewool
7th April 2017, 13:12
Cebu Pacific, Philippine airlines and sea air i have used over in the Philippines, and i have lived to tell the story too.

Tawi2
7th April 2017, 15:38
Cebu Pacific, Philippine airlines and sea air i have used over in the Philippines, and i have lived to tell the story too.
A number of years ago I was in Zamboanga,waiting for a Cebu pacific flight to davao.....waited......waited......waited some more, several hours after the flight was due to arrive in davao we were told the flight was cancelled :action-smiley-081: they flew us to manila, put us in a hotel for the night then flew us back down to davao almost a day late, the reason for the original flights cancellation was a human foetus in the planes toilet.