PDA

View Full Version : Bretix and the lost workers

stevewool
31st March 2017, 18:14
It sees that there are going to be hundreds of thousands of people leaving the hotel trade , the farm workers and what other jobs that are out there that may be run by owners not paying a decent wage.
These sort of jobs seem to only employ workers from the Continent mainly as we are told that the so called people who live here dont want to do this sort of work.
Well if the people who are from Europe do leave well these business may go just because of this happening.
Surely there is a minimum wage out there and that should cover everyone, so why are they leaving then. but if they do leave i am sure with a few million signing on the dole each week , well there are jobs out there.
Good old Bretix making jobs for British workers .:biggrin:

jonnijon
31st March 2017, 22:40
How did we manage before the EU? This is my question.

Arthur Little
1st April 2017, 00:21
How did we manage before the EU? This is my question.

Perfectly well, as I recall, :olddude: ... having been around long enough to remember!

Michael Parnham
1st April 2017, 07:20
Perfectly well, as I recall, :olddude: ... having been around long enough to remember!

Yes, I remember all the west Indians that came in the fifties because we were short of bus drivers, also after the second world war there were lot's of Polish and Italians remained in the UK and all had jobs, we needed them:xxgrinning--00xx3: