PDA

View Full Version : 502 Bad Gateway Error

Arthur Little
2nd April 2017, 23:42
:Blacklistnonono: ... "bad, bad, BAD, grampa" - as my 7~yr~old granddaughter would say.

Bad 'Getaway' :drivingx: - as I first :ReadIt:.

ALSO:

504 Bad Gateway Timeout error

Now what do these expressions mean? And how :cwm25: does one get rid of 'em?

Sure ... there're *sites that explain what they are and how to fix the darned things. But *their jargon's ... :anerikke: ... much too high~tech for me to grasp.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2013/aug/01/502-bad-gateway-error

http://www.www.lifeline.com/504-gateway-timeout-error-explained-2622941

C'mon, all you IT buffs ... !!!

fred
3rd April 2017, 02:37
It`s not your computer Art..It`s the server that the site is on that is so slow.

SimonH
3rd April 2017, 05:47
So slow I thought someone had played an April fools on me by swapping my router back to one of the old dial up ones :cwm25:

stevewool
3rd April 2017, 12:23
Another day of rest for many, plus now the weather seems to be better, time for some gardening too.

Arthur Little
3rd April 2017, 13:32
It`s not your computer Art..It`s the server that the site is on that is so slow.

Phew! Thanks, Fred ... I'd a feeling that was the problem - just couldn't be 100% sure. :nono-1-1: ... y'see, I changed my internet provider recently ... only to discover the new suppliers didn't recognise the name, Filipina Roses initially (thinking we were some sort of dating site!) until I phoned to clarify the situation. :biggrin:

fred
3rd April 2017, 16:37
Phew! Thanks, Fred ... I'd a feeling that was the problem - just couldn't be 100% sure. ... y'see, I changed my internet provider recently ... only to discover the new suppliers didn't recognise the name, Filipina Roses initially (thinking we were some sort of dating site!) until I phoned to clarify the situation. :biggrin:

Ha ha!! I bet that was an interesting conversation!!

"EXCUSE ME!!! CAN YOU KINDLY RECONNECT ME TO FILIPINA ROSES PLEASE"!!

"Filipina Roses"? they reply...WTF is that ?? "Some kind of Asian mail order bride site"??:icon_lol:

Arthur Little
4th April 2017, 17:03
Ha ha!! I bet that was an interesting conversation!!

Certainly wasn't an easy conversation. :NoNo: ... 'fraid though, that stemmed from my hearing difficulties.

Fortunately, ALL UK :telephone: calls I make are included in my broadband package, as that one turned out to be particularly time~consuming.

"EXCUSE ME!!! CAN YOU KINDLY RECONNECT ME TO FILIPINA ROSES PLEASE"!!

"Filipina Roses"? they reply...WTF is that ?? "Some kind of Asian mail order bride site"?? :icon_lol:

Hmm ... :yeahthat:'s just about the size of it, to be honest.

stevewool
4th April 2017, 18:44
Certainly wasn't an easy conversation. :NoNo: ... 'fraid though, that stemmed from my hearing difficulties.

Fortunately, ALL UK :telephone: calls I make are included in my broadband package, as that one turned out to be particularly time~consuming.

Hmm ... :yeahthat:'s just about the size of it, to be honest.

You want fillipino roses, so you want a florists then love i shall put you through.
No it's a chat line.
So that's a premium rate sir i will connect you.
No it's talking between friends

So sir i think i shall call the police.
No it's a web site where we help folk in what they may need.
So sir you need the Samaritans one moment i will connect you.
Forget it we are back on line.
Thank you sir can i ask you to fill in a on line form about the valuation of this call, is there anything else I can help you with.
Have you got any headache tablets.
No sir thank you for calling

Arthur Little
5th April 2017, 19:42
:icon_sorry: ... slightly :icon_offtopic:, yet still computer~related.

Does ANYONE else find the arrow ^ of their cursor sometimes sticking ... "refusing to budge?" Damned annoying when that happens, as it entails having to switch off your monitor in the middle of compiling [possibly] a lengthy post - thereby losing whatever you've already typed - then starting all over again. :cwm23:

:Brick: ... enough to turn a saint [which I'm most definitely NOT!] into a curser :cuss: when this occurs.

stevewool
5th April 2017, 19:53
:icon_sorry: ... slightly :icon_offtopic:, yet still computer~related.

Does ANYONE else find the arrow ^ of their cursor sometimes sticking ... "refusing to budge?" Damned annoying when that occurs, as it means having to switch off your monitor in the middle of compiling [possibly] a lengthy post - losing whatever you've already typed - then starting all over again. :cwm23:

:Brick: ... enough to turn a saint [which I'm most definitely NOT!] into a curser :cuss: when this happens.

Yes mine does too, leave it for a while and it will move again.