PDA

View Full Version : Sainsbury's Pushes On With Argos Rollout

Arthur Little
13th April 2017, 12:02
No, :NoNo: this ISN'T a takeover bid, or even a merger, as such ... :anerikke: ... not yet, anyway.

However, the supermarket chain is planning to open some 250 Argos outlets within its stores across the UK.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39587222 ...:ReadIt:

Arthur Little
13th April 2017, 12:49
:smile: Whereas, by comparison, :cwm25: here in Perth, we've a fairly sizeable Argos store at one end of the High Street ... while, at the other - a mere couple of hundred yards away on the opposite side - there's a [very much] smaller branch of Sainsbury's.

Longweekend
13th April 2017, 13:24
Arthur,
Sainsbury's purchased Argos last year...

Arthur Little
13th April 2017, 14:10
Now, IMO, *Sainsbury's tends to be rather pricey. :icon_rolleyes: ... at least more so :cwm24: than its competitors. :doh

OK, :iagree: ... unlike Argos, from which hardware ranging from a needle to an anchor can presently be bought, either by means of a catalogue or online, the *former deal [MAINLY] in foodstuffs.

But my fear is, that the latter, as a store within a store, might "up the cost" of its commodities in line with those of the LARGER store, whose premises it'll subsequently occupy.

Longweekend
13th April 2017, 14:16
As I don't tend to purchase items from either of them it's fine by me....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
14th April 2017, 06:56
As I don't tend to purchase items from either of them it's fine by me....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Same here:xxgrinning--00xx3: