PDA

View Full Version : Dream destination?

Tawi2
26th May 2017, 12:03
Hopefully going travelling for a few months back end of the year, I have been looking at the Madlives which looks off the scale beautiful :smile::smile: also been looking at an Antarctic cruise which is beauty of a different kind. I have an invite from a friend in Florida to kick about in the Seminoles fishing and living in a shack for a couple of weeks,decisions decisions,i was even thinking of doing more flight hours in South Africa. What's your dream destination? :smile:

Trefor
26th May 2017, 12:19
The Hale Pau Hana condo complex. On the beach in Maui. Perfect.

Longweekend
26th May 2017, 13:08
The Wild Coast in South Africa...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
26th May 2017, 15:17
Ahh ... it could be said that, last September, Myrna and I had the pleasure of visiting one of my long~time dream destinations, *Vienna - the Austrian Capital - *renowned for its being the home of so very many world-famous classical music composers. :smile:

sars_notd_virus
26th May 2017, 16:35
Learn how to Surf in Oahu, Hawaii :smile:

Tawi2
26th May 2017, 16:47
Not surfing but I have been looking at some paramotoring in Hawaii websites,i am going to treat myself this year :smile: any of us could be living on borrowed time,we are here for a good time not a long time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
26th May 2017, 17:01
Not surfing but I have been looking at some paramotoring in Hawaii websites,i am going to treat myself this year :smile: any of us could be living on borrowed time,we are here for a good time not a long time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes treat yourself Tawi2 , life is too short to waste..Ive seen a video of para motoring it looks gorgeous up there !!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
26th May 2017, 19:32
Yes treat yourself Tawi2 , life is too short to waste..Ive seen a video of para motoring it looks gorgeous up there !!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I have done it a few times, I did it in March in Thailand, but I would like to get seriously into it and enter something like the Icarus trophy. :smile: Hawaii looks an incredible place to fly over. :wink:

stevewool
26th May 2017, 20:12
Dream destination. I have so many, but just a fleeting visit just to get some pictures, then off to the next place.

A View is something I would love to wake up to every day.

jonnijon
26th May 2017, 21:28
Paradise is a large bottle of Emperidor and lots of ice. :party-smiley-012:

stevewool
27th May 2017, 07:24

:smile:

Harry T
27th May 2017, 07:56
Jans dream is to visit South Korea thats where her favourite dramas come from :biggrin:, I dont have a dream destination, but probably the top of my achievable to do list, is a nigh time safari in Chiang Mai, Thailand, should Jan fail to get her visit visa for the Uk, then its highly probable that we will meet in Bangkok and go to Chiang Mai from there :biggrin: as for South Korea well we could always Honeymoon there :wink:. Its a good job she is not a member of this forum :smile:.

Tawi2
27th May 2017, 08:01
Chiang Mai is a great place. I will give you details of an old teak house you can stay in if you go, the lady who owns it is a great hostess, :smile: and do the hot air balloon flight, they pour champagne over your head afterwards :icon_lol:

Harry T
27th May 2017, 08:27
Chiang Mai is a great place. I will give you details of an old teak house you can stay in if you go, the lady who owns it is a great hostess, :smile: and do the hot air balloon flight, they pour champagne over your head afterwards :icon_lol:

Thanks Tawi2 :xxgrinning--00xx3:, Jan has her Visa application booked for June 5, so hopefully by Mid June we will know one way or T,other, Iv heard so many good things about Chiang Mae, and with Thailand being on my way to Phils, and not a million miles from Jan, it would be wrong not to :biggrin:.

Trefor
29th May 2017, 11:17
Ahh ... it could be said that, last September, Myrna and I had the pleasure of visiting one of my long~time dream destinations, *Vienna - the Austrian Capital - *renowned for its being the home of so very many world-famous classical music composers. :smile:

Lovely city, nice people too.

Trefor
29th May 2017, 11:20
Learn how to Surf in Oahu, Hawaii :smile:

I learned to windsurf off Maui (well how to fall off 1,000 times anyway). Do you remember that Only Fools and Horses sketch where Del Boy is on a Jet Ski in Florida and disappears off into the ocean? Well that was me on the windsurf board - the wind was pushing me further and further away until I was almost thinking about heading for the island opposite (very choppy waters too). Then the beach attendant chap noticed and came out on a kayak and towed me back.

Slip
29th May 2017, 11:40
Seychelles again... I'd like to visit more of the islands than the two I have.

Arthur Little
29th May 2017, 17:47

Yes indeed, Trefor :iagree: ... on BOTH counts!!

Tawi2
29th May 2017, 18:27
I once had a dalliance with a very energetic young Austrian lady. It lasted several months. Yup, nice people :heartshape1::biggrin:

Tawi2
20th July 2017, 18:53
WOW................The Infinity Pool is incredible. Voted the worlds best swimming pool. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Fingers crossed I make lots of cash this year. :icon_lol:

https://hanginggardensofbali.com/google-campaign-v6f/

Tawi2
30th September 2017, 07:21
I have just booked a month in Canada :smile: Not exactly a dream destination as I have been there loads of times,but I am going to do the helicopter over Niagara :smile: I really am going to try and get to easter island early next year,if not that then the worlds highest bungy jump in macau,depends how much cash I earn between now and then :smile:

Ako Si Jamie
30th September 2017, 11:47

When I read that first I thought it said lots of rice :icon_lol:

Tawi2
21st October 2017, 12:14
I have just booked a month in Canada :smile: Not exactly a dream destination as I have been there loads of times,but I am going to do the helicopter over Niagara :smile: I really am going to try and get to easter island early next year,if not that then the worlds highest bungy jump in macau,depends how much cash I earn between now and then :smile:
.....And going down to new York for November the 24'th black Friday sales :biggrin: cant wait :biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
21st October 2017, 18:44
.....And going down to new York for November the 24'th black Friday sales :biggrin: cant wait :biggrin:

Cold and nasty in November. Should have gone to Pinas. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
21st October 2017, 18:52
I might go here soon....

https://images.summitmedia-digital.com/spotph/images/2017/01/20/Lakawon_20.jpg

Tawi2
21st October 2017, 19:17
Cold and nasty in November. Should have gone to Pinas. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nope, been to New York before in November. Canada is fantastic also, just before the real cold weather sets in. :smile: Been to Philippines too many times, might have to go there next year or the year after for a family event.

Ako Si Jamie
21st October 2017, 20:56
Nope, been to New York before in November. Canada is fantastic also, just before the real cold weather sets in. :smile: Been to Philippines too many times, might have to go there next year or the year after for a family event.

That's the second time in a row you've called the Philippines the Philippines. :icon_lol:

Tawi2
21st October 2017, 21:09
It's a country that reminds me of a naughty child, so I will give it its full title just like a naughty child gets its full name :wink:

Ako Si Jamie
22nd October 2017, 18:58
Muslim Mindanao & Karachi perhaps, but here's one hostile place you'll never get to. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEsNc1HXoYc

Tawi2
22nd October 2017, 19:29
Nicobar and the Andamans....................................Been :wink: Never say never :wink:
Oh, and Muslim Mindanao and Karachi......No "perhaps" :wink:

Ako Si Jamie
22nd October 2017, 22:49
Nicobar and the Andamans....................................Been :wink: Never say never :wink:
Oh, and Muslim Mindanao and Karachi......No "perhaps" :wink:

Beirut then? :icon_lol:

SimonH
23rd October 2017, 06:43
Beirut then? :icon_lol:

Often referred to as the Nice of the Middle East, beautiful city :smile:

Tawi2
23rd October 2017, 08:17
Never went to Beirut,never had any reason to otherwise I am sure I would have.

Ako Si Jamie
25th October 2017, 19:29

No need for sarcasm, Simon. :wink:

Tawi2
26th October 2017, 05:35
2 Weeks time off for a month in the cold :freezin: but I am going to book 3-4 weeks somewhere hot for next feb,some sort of activity holiday :222::NEW4:

SimonH
26th October 2017, 07:48
No need for sarcasm, Simon. :wink:

:Erm::Erm::Erm:
No sarcasm at all Jamie, I used to live there just outside Beirut in a place called Baabda.

Actually I was incorrect though, it was referred to as the Paris of the Middle East

https://theculturetrip.com/middle-east/lebanon/articles/why-beirut-was-once-called-the-paris-of-the-middle-east/

As you were :wink:

Tawi2
26th October 2017, 08:02
Sitangkai is referred to as the Venice of the Philippines even though its nothing like venice :icon_lol: I never saw loads of badjao in venice :icon_lol:

Rosie1958
29th October 2017, 22:54
I just want to travel around the world on a magic carpet !!! My DNA ethic origins show I have Polynesian and Melanesian so perhaps a visit to those two areas but such a pity they are so far away

Managed to do 20 different destinations in Europe & Canaries this year as well as Thailand but giving flying a rest for now. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
29th October 2017, 23:56
I just want to travel around the world on a magic carpet !!

I once sat on a camel blanket spread out on top of a Pakistani bus going up the Hunza valley and pretended I was on a magic flying carpet as the views and scenery were so utterly mind blowing :smile:

Jack32
30th October 2017, 15:29
On the beach in Maui
Perfect :smile:

Arthur Little
30th October 2017, 20:58
On the beach in Maui
Perfect :smile:

Maui? :Erm: ... where's that?

Ako Si Jamie
30th October 2017, 22:40
2 Weeks time off for a month in the cold :freezin: but I am going to book 3-4 weeks somewhere hot for next feb,some sort of activity holiday :222::NEW4:

What activities have you participated in Pinas, Tawi? Keep it clean please! :wink:

By the way, have you been down the eastern coast of Panay yet? I know you've been to Guimaras because I've heard you mention it.

I'm thinking of doing a road/island trip between Guimaras and Masbate. :smile:

Ako Si Jamie
30th October 2017, 22:48
Maui? :Erm: ... where's that?

Outer Hebrides.

Seriously it's part of Hawaii which is outer my price range at the moment. :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
30th October 2017, 22:50
:Erm::Erm::Erm:
No sarcasm at all Jamie, I used to live there just outside Beirut in a place called Baabda.

Actually I was incorrect though, it was referred to as the Paris of the Middle East

https://theculturetrip.com/middle-east/lebanon/articles/why-beirut-was-once-called-the-paris-of-the-middle-east/

As you were :wink:

I was kidding hence the wink :wink:

Ako Si Jamie
30th October 2017, 23:52
What activities have you participated in Pinas, Tawi? Keep it clean please! :wink:

By the way, have you been down the eastern coast of Panay yet? I know you've been to Guimaras because I've heard you mention it.

I'm thinking of doing a road/island trip between Guimaras and Masbate. :smile:

https://wengwengwanders.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/img_1157.jpg?w=1200&h=800&crop=1

http://www.philippinessingle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Tangke-in-Gigantes-Island.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c5/06/48/c50648e750589dfd1ebc2f98f71ded12.jpg

http://www.freedomwall.net/files/2017/03/agho-island.jpg

Tawi2
31st October 2017, 08:28
What activities have you participated in Pinas, Tawi?

What do you mean mate, what activities? I have done a bit of diving, microlighting and a paramotor flight if that's what you mean. Pinas is geared up for diving but not for the other 2. There's a paramotor guy down in Polomolok but he is so far from anywhere I don't think he did his market research before starting up. More like he got the house in his wife's area then added the paramotoring as an afterthought, not a good idea :NoNo:

Ako Si Jamie
31st October 2017, 13:04
There's a paramotor guy down in Polomolok but he is so far from anywhere I don't think he did his market research before starting up. More like he got the house in his wife's area then added the paramotoring as an afterthought, not a good idea :NoNo:

Common sense might have helped. I remember reading on another forum about a guy who was thinking of opening a business ( a cafe I think) somewhere between the above and Marawi. This was when the conflict was ongoing. His wife was from the area originally but he himself had never been to that part of the Philippines.

Ako Si Jamie
31st October 2017, 13:13
What do you mean mate, what activities? I have done a bit of diving, microlighting and a paramotor flight if that's what you mean. Pinas is geared up for diving but not for the other 2.

Diving with thresher sharks in Malapascua, diving in Blue Hole in Romblon, climbing Mayon volcano, thrill seeking on top of the Crown Regency Hotel in Cebu, Tubbataha Reef, banana boat in Boracay, paintball with the Abu Sayyaf etc. etc. :wink:

Tawi2
31st October 2017, 17:19
Diving with thresher sharks in Malapascua, diving in Blue Hole in Romblon, climbing Mayon volcano, thrill seeking on top of the Crown Regency Hotel in Cebu, Tubbataha Reef, banana boat in Boracay, paintball with the Abu Sayyaf etc. etc. :wink:

Climbed Mayon, saw the secondary eruptions back in the early 90s, climbed Kanlaon, Apo etc. Banana boat and the Crown Regency aren't exactly high adrenaline :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
31st October 2017, 20:28
Climbed Mayon, saw the secondary eruptions back in the early 90s, climbed Kanlaon, Apo etc. Banana boat and the Crown Regency aren't exactly high adrenaline :icon_lol:

I was joking about the last two. Crown Regency is home to Sky Adventure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrTP8Rk5n8c

Tawi2
31st October 2017, 21:29
You should have been joking about that "sky adventure" as well :icon_lol: adrenaline from that??

Ako Si Jamie
31st October 2017, 23:11
You should have been joking about that "sky adventure" as well :icon_lol: adrenaline from that??

I wouldn't know - I'm scared of heights :Help1:

This is more scary for sure. It's in China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd-T_YTfxDs

Tawi2
31st October 2017, 23:17
Don't be afraid of the heights, just be afraid of the falls. :wink: I would do that plank walk :smile:

fred
1st November 2017, 12:59
Not my cup of tea..
I`m not scared of heights and was climbing ladders and high scaffold for years but doing that stuff for no money is just plain stupid I reckon.. Better to watch it on a good HD Telly IMO.

Saw an excellent BBC documentary about high rock climbing in Venezuela

Now these guys have balls of steel...Ones you can kick hard and badly injure your foot in the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsdAmXrezsw

Tawi2
1st November 2017, 13:06
Not my cup of tea..
I`m not scared of heights and was climbing ladders and high scaffold for years but doing that stuff for no money is just plain stupid I reckon.. Better to watch it on a good HD Telly IMO.

Now these guys have balls of steel...Ones you can kick hard and badly injure your foot in the process.

I have his book on climbing, he was into it long before he became a wildlife presenter.

Ako Si Jamie
1st November 2017, 13:29
Not my cup of tea..

That looks interesting (the programme I mean).

Apparently there's a mountain in Bhutan that's never been climbed due to the difficulty and with it now being illegal. 7th highest in the world I believe.

Ako Si Jamie
1st November 2017, 13:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJwafk4W290

A wee bit more exciting than the Regency Hotel "adrenaline rush", eh Tawi?

Copy these guys and that tenner is all yours :icon_lol:

Tawi2
1st November 2017, 13:51
In all honesty, I stopped standing on the edges of tall buildings, not because I felt fear, I didn't. I actually enjoyed the sensation, but because I had a horrible compulsion to jump and try to fly :cwm25:

Trefor
1st November 2017, 14:33

Except Nice is not so great IMO :-)

Ako Si Jamie
1st November 2017, 20:47
In all honesty, I stopped standing on the edges of tall buildings, not because I felt fear, I didn't. I actually enjoyed the sensation, but because I had a horrible compulsion to jump and try to fly :cwm25:

I've done a few tests Mr Tawi and it seems that you're suffering from basejumping syndrome therefore I've prescribed you a wingsuit. :ReadIt:

Available at all good chemists. :smile:

Tawi2
2nd November 2017, 21:46
I nearly booked an Easter Island flight for January this morning. It's a 46 hour journey, reasonable price at around £1600, but I am getting back to UK mid December then leaving again in February. My finger was hovering and I bottled it in the end :NoNo:

Ako Si Jamie
2nd November 2017, 23:19
I nearly booked an Easter Island flight for January this morning. It's a 46 hour journey, reasonable price at around £1600, but I am getting back to UK mid December then leaving again in February. My finger was hovering and I bottled it in the end :NoNo:

If you want to see statues just go to Anfield and watch our defence. :icon_lol:

Tawi2
28th January 2018, 15:58
Got an international flight booked for just under two weeks time, but just saw a really nice break in Vienna, including staying at the Hilton, so I'm off to Austria for a few days, flying on Tuesday morning. Two birds with one stone, as there's a couple of companies I would like to check out in Vienna :smile: