PDA

View Full Version : Michael Parnham, it's Air Juan.

Tawi2
30th June 2017, 14:31
Mr Parnham, you probably remember like myself the short lived flights years ago to Siquijor, that landed at the airstrip where kids now race on their motorbikes. Well, looks like flights have once again resumed.......
FLIGHT SCHEDULE: Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
Mactan-Cebu International Airport - Siquijor Airport
ETD: 10:00AM - ETA: 10:40AM
Siquijor Airport - Mactan-Cebu International Airport
ETD: 11:00AM - ETA: 11:40AM

Cessna 9 seater :smile:

Ako Si Jamie
30th June 2017, 20:02
£20 (roughly) for a single flight special promo on selected dates in July as well although I don't think luggage is included in the price. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
1st July 2017, 07:06
Mr Parnham, you probably remember like myself the short lived flights years ago to Siquijor, that landed at the airstrip where kids now race on their motorbikes. Well, looks like flights have once again resumed.......

Wow, thank you for the info, will check it out as none of the sisters have mentioned it as yet :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
12th December 2017, 09:35
Air Juan now operates flights to Sipalay from Cebu which is handy seeing the nearest airport for commercial flights in the past was 100 miles away.

Flights are also available from Cebu to the following -

Bantayan Island, Biliran, Tagbiliran and Maasin in Southern Leyte.

In the pipeline are intended flights to Malapascua Island, and Sumilon Island, which is near to Oslob in Southern Cebu Province

Michael Parnham
12th December 2017, 14:50

Thank you so much for the info, will try that next trip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
12th December 2017, 20:12

Only if you're flying internationally into Cebu would it be validating.

From Manila, the Dumaguete route should still take precedent.

Tawi2
12th December 2017, 20:19
Always a nicer city to fly into is Cebu :smile: Have the taxis gotten their meters fixed in Manila?

Ako Si Jamie
12th December 2017, 20:28
Mactan Cebu airport is nice.

Harry T
12th December 2017, 20:32
Always a nicer city to fly into is Cebu. :smile: Have the taxis gotten their meters fixed in Manila?

Yeah, that's the route I took with Cathay. As you say, much nicer, less stressful; an altogether much nicer experience than the NAIA. Air Juan have an office in Mactan Airport.

http://www.airjuan.com

Ako Si Jamie
12th December 2017, 20:45

When are you off to Pinas next Parns?

Tawi2
12th December 2017, 22:45
Yeah, that's the route I took with Cathay. As you say, much nicer, less stressful; an altogether much nicer experience than the NAIA. Air Juan have an office in Mactan Airport.

http://www.airjuan.com

If ever you get the chance, arriving in Davao beats both Cebu and Manila. :wink: Very, very relaxed international airport, great taxis, no crowds at arrivals.............

jonnijon
12th December 2017, 22:51
I hear rumours of a domestic airport being built in Tagum.

Ako Si Jamie
12th December 2017, 23:33
If ever you get the chance, arriving in Davao beats both Cebu and Manila. :wink: Very, very relaxed international airport, great taxis, no crowds at arrivals.............

Sounds like Clark - apart from the great taxis :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
12th December 2017, 23:33
I hear rumours of a domestic airport being built in Tagum.

Is there any need? It's only up the road from Davao. :smile:

Tawi2
12th December 2017, 23:51
Is there any need? It's only up the road from Davao. :smile:

Come out of the airport, turn left to go to Davao and right to go to Tagum. 30? miles away, but as Jonn said.......rumours, and they start in Pinas at the opening of an envelope. :wink:

Michael Parnham
15th December 2017, 21:02
When are you off to Pinas next Parns?

Looking at May/June Jamie, Singapore Airlines have some good prices at that time so will be booking end of this month all being well. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jonnijon
15th December 2017, 22:08
http://www.bworldonline.com/content.php?section=Nation&title=rdc-endorses-5-site-options-for-new-airport-as-gov&8217t-prepares-for-expansion-of-dia&id=147980

Ako Si Jamie
15th December 2017, 22:44
Looking at May/June Jamie, Singapore Airlines have some good prices at that time so will be booking end of this month all being well. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm looking at April/May just before the rains arrive. Are you just going to Siquijor?

Ako Si Jamie
15th December 2017, 22:49
http://www.bworldonline.com/content.php?section=Nation&title=rdc-endorses-5-site-options-for-new-airport-as-gov&8217t-prepares-for-expansion-of-dia&id=147980 A second international airport in the Davao area? Is that necessary? :Erm:

Arthur Little
16th December 2017, 00:22
A second international airport in the Davao area? Is that necessary? :Erm:

Speaking from memory (February 2009) ... :anerikke: ... I wouldn't have thought so. Davao Int'l itself ISN'T all that LARGE as far as International Airports go! :NoNo:

Ako Si Jamie
16th December 2017, 01:06
Speaking from memory (February 2009) ... :anerikke: ... I wouldn't have thought so. Davao Int'l itself ISN'T all that LARGE as far as International Airports go! :NoNo:

I've been to a few international airports in the Phils that are similar - Bacolod, Kalibo, Puerto Princesa and Clark.

Tawi2
16th December 2017, 11:44
Davao International Airport gets a trickle of traffic but, in land area, Davao is the biggest city in the PI so who knows? The future is upon us, Chinese investment (always with concessions :biggrin:) in the future, might mean a second international airport if traveller numbers increase. I remember the days of the original quaint airport before the new one was built. :smile:

Ako Si Jamie
16th December 2017, 13:49
It maybe large in terms of area but the population is only around 1.5 million. Hardly Tokyo or Mexico City.

Michael Parnham
16th December 2017, 16:11
I'm looking at April/May just before the rains arrive. Are you just going to Siquijor?

Dumaguete also, I will be staying there. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jonnijon
16th December 2017, 22:19
A second international airport in the Davao area? Is that necessary? :Erm:

Davao airport would become domestic, the new one international.

Ako Si Jamie
17th December 2017, 12:27
Davao airport would become domestic, the new one international.

I still don't see the point. Why not just have one new airport or a new terminal like Bohol and Puerto Princesa?

Tawi2
17th December 2017, 12:53
Just spoke to someone from Mindanao Economic Development Authority. There's a couple of places vying for this project, Digos, Tagum. There's even thought on Samal. The project isn't going to happen anytime soon, 10'ish years hence is the timescale, it's got to pass through layers of congressional approval (Pinoy speak for greased palms) and it's open for international bidding (Pinoy speak for the Chinese will pay us more).