PDA

View Full Version : Where would you go?

Harry T
1st August 2017, 14:21
Following on from a topic I have just started on another section, if you were in Cebu, what would YOUR suggestion be for another Country to visit from Cebu, preferably where we didn't need a visa? So far, I can see no further than Thailand. :biggrin: Oh, this would be with my fiancee..

SimonH
1st August 2017, 14:43
Depends on what you're both looking for :Erm:

Here's some inspiration for you, 60 visa free countries to visit :smile:

https://amaryroad.com/philippines-passport-holder/

fred
2nd August 2017, 00:56
They just started direct flights from Tagbilaran to Korea... I might take advantage of that for starters!

Trefor
2nd August 2017, 10:15
Singapore?

Tawi2
2nd August 2017, 10:26
Thailand and Cambodia, your girlfriend doesn't need a visa. Take her on the champagne balloon flight at dawn over Chiang Mai :xxgrinning--00xx3: Or a helicopter flight over Angkor Wat, both unforgettable. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
3rd August 2017, 06:29
Hong Kong, South Korea or Vietnam? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Harry T
3rd August 2017, 09:43
Thailand and Cambodia, your girlfriend doesn't need a visa. Take her on the champagne balloon flight at dawn over Chiang Mai :xxgrinning--00xx3: Or a helicopter flight over Angkor Wat, both unforgettable. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You are tempting me Tawi.. :biggrin:

Harry T
3rd August 2017, 09:44
Hong Kong, South Korea or Vietnam? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

2 out of three are tempting, South Korea is on a future to do list. :smile:

Tawi2
3rd August 2017, 10:53
Hong Kong is great for 5-6 days. Disney, Ocean Park, Mong-Kok night market etc. Vietnam is fantastic, but you could loop that in with Thailand and Cambodia, depending upon time.

Ako Si Jamie
3rd August 2017, 23:31
Following on from a topic I have just started on another section, if you were in Cebu, what would YOUR suggestion be for another Country to visit from Cebu,

Black Country via Dubai :icon_lol:

Harry T
4th August 2017, 11:17
Black Country via Dubai :icon_lol:

I'm with Cathay this time Jamie, so it's Black Country via Hong Kong.. :biggrin:

Tawi2
4th August 2017, 13:31
Black Country
Nigeria? CAR? :Erm:

Harry T
4th August 2017, 15:45
Nigeria? CAR? :Erm:

This mate, http://www.bbc.co.uk/blackcountry/uncovered/what_is.shtml

White van man to pedestrian:
S'cuse me mate does yow know if there's a B & Q in Wolverhampton?

Pedestrian:
Sorry mate oi don't, but I knows there's 2 D's in Dudley

Tawi2
4th August 2017, 18:32
Ah right, that's north'ish of the Watford gap :NoNo: I try not to venture north, I get nosebleeds and it's grim up there :NoNo:

Ako Si Jamie
4th August 2017, 20:00
This mate, http://www.bbc.co.uk/blackcountry/uncovered/what_is.shtml

White van man to pedestrian:
S'cuse me mate does yow know if there's a B & Q in Wolverhampton?

Pedestrian:
Sorry mate oi don't, but I knows there's 2 D's in Dudley :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
4th August 2017, 20:19
I'm with Cathay this time Jamie, so it's Black Country via Hong Kong.. :biggrin:

My girl in Davao has sent me details of a special offer from the Phils to Singapore. I think she's hinting. :icon_lol:

Cost 368 dollars (about £200 I think) per person which includes

Return flight with Silk Air
Two nights in superior room at Genting Hotel Jurong
Daily breakfast
One day admission to Universal Studio's with other perks/vouchers
One day admission to Dolphin Island discovery program
One day admission to Adventure Cove Waterpark + other perks/vouchers
Malaysian Food Street sampling platter

Ako Si Jamie
4th August 2017, 20:22
Ah right, that's north'ish of the Watford gap :NoNo: I try not to venture north, I get nosebleeds and it's grim up there :NoNo:

Have you ventured north of Ermita though? How about that naughty place in Pampanga? :icon_lol:

I've only heard you talk about your trips down south and in Manila

Tawi2
4th August 2017, 21:01
I have been north, don't like it much. I am a confirmed southerner - unless it's northern India or Thailand :wink:

Ako Si Jamie
4th August 2017, 21:19
I have been north, don't like it much. I am a confirmed southerner - unless its northernIndia or Thailand :wink:

Northern Luzon? Batanes is meant to be nice. Pagudpud too.

What about Zambales and Pangasinan? I've been here. Two of my favourite provinces. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
4th August 2017, 21:36
Yup, been to north Luzon. Still prefer south, Visayas and Mindanao, much like I prefer southern UK to the north. :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
4th August 2017, 22:25
Yep me too.There are some depressing places oop north including Scotland. Middlesbrough, Fleetwood, Thurso, Fort William, Livingston, Invergordon, Lossiemouth, Morecambe and Sheffield immediately spring to mind.

Tawi2
4th August 2017, 22:41
Yep me too.There are some depressing places oop north including Scotland. Middlesbrough, Fleetwood, Thurso, Fort William, Livingston, Invergordon, Lossiemouth, Morecambe and Sheffield immediately spring to mind.
Anywhere north of Watford is quite grim :NoNo:

Harry T
5th August 2017, 09:43
My girl in Davao has sent me details of a special offer from the Phils to Singapore. I think she's hinting. :icon_lol:

Cost 368 dollars (about £200 I think) per person which includes

Return flight with Silk Air
Two nights in superior room at Genting Hotel Jurong
Daily breakfast
One day admission to Universal Studio's with other perks/vouchers
One day admission to Dolphin Island discovery program
One day admission to Adventure Cove Waterpark + other perks/vouchers
Malaysian Food Street sampling platter

I did look at Singapore a few years ago, but for the cost of the Flights, Hotels, for a few days, I could probably do three weeks elsewhere. For Jan and me it would need to be for three weeks, as I don't see us going somewhere regularly, it would likely be a one off.

Harry T
5th August 2017, 09:45
Anywhere north of Watford is quite grim :NoNo:

The Lake District on a good day is very scenic, however on the one day that I was there it rained for the most part.. :biggrin:

Tawi2
5th August 2017, 11:05
Been to the lakes quite a few times,its ok,you have three weeks holiday?You want cheapish?Myanmar-thailand-cambodia do a loop,go for a wander,off the track :smile:

Harry T
5th August 2017, 20:09
That sounds more like my kind of break, wandering around..:smile: