View Full Version : Bored

SimonH
9th September 2017, 11:36
Lots to do but no inclination to do it, so what to do :Erm:

Ahh sod it, just booked a flight out for next Sunday :biggrin:

grahamw48
10th September 2017, 18:10
That's really the way my June-August 6 week trip happened. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Supposed to wait until January now, but will I make it past November ? :biggrin:

Arthur Little
10th September 2017, 19:14
Hmm :icon_rolleyes: ... wish I could afford a trip to the Philippines (haven't been back there since Myrna was granted her Spousal Visa in early 2009 :NoNo:!) to help relieve my boredom at there being so few posts/threads to reply to on here nowadays.

grahamw48
10th September 2017, 19:16
I just live like a monk in between my trips Arthur. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
10th September 2017, 19:38
Wish I could go this coming weekend when Harlene and my Daughter go, but I only have 2 weeks leave left at work. Not like my last job where it was 4 on 4 off and I used to book 12 days off and have almost a month off. Now I've booked 10 days off at the end off the month and will join them for 12 days and come home with them for 2 days rest before going back to work.

Harry T
10th September 2017, 22:59
Lots to do but no inclination to do it, so what to do :Erm:

Ahh sod it, just booked a flight out for next Sunday :biggrin:

sounds like a good idea to me :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

SimonH
17th September 2017, 10:06
Well that could have ended up slightly embarrassing. Just finished my usual 10 minute pack (actually it's early for me as I don't leave for another 2 hours), and thought I'll just stick those birthday presents that Shey left for me in the bag. She doesn't know I'm going and I thought at least I'll have something to open on my big day.
Anyway, I put the first one in the case and then picked up the second one and heard a sloshing noise, :Erm: I thought, sounds like liquids. Then the scenario came into my head when checking in, anyone given you anything to take sir? Yeah, but's only a birthday present from the other half. Any liquids etc sir....nope, oh hang on there was a sloshing sound coming from one of my presents.
So, to save this scenario becoming a reality I thought I'd better open this present even though it's not my birthday. Good job I did :yikes: 6 cans of Zippo lighter fuel, try explaining that one away at the airport :grosyeux:

grahamw48
17th September 2017, 11:32
Wow ! :yikes:

Close call !

Happy travels. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
17th September 2017, 13:40
Upgrade woohoo

Slip
17th September 2017, 14:10
Very lucky

Slip
17th September 2017, 14:15
Upgrade woohoo

Lucky again...

We got to Heathrow yesterday, massive line for check-in at Philippines airlines. With us looking for the end of the line a member of staff asked us if we had checked in online. I explained my wife and daughter had, but it wouldn't allow my mother in law as she needs wheelchair assistance. With that they whisked us to the front of the queue :biggrin:

I'm thinking of saying I need a wheelchair when I go in 2 weeks time :icon_lol:

SimonH
17th September 2017, 22:26
Got to love the air miles, just managed another upgrade :biggrin:

SimonH
31st October 2017, 08:57
Been back for 2 weeks now, and it's blinking cold.
So....... booked again for the end of November, returning early Feb :Jump:

Tawi2
31st October 2017, 17:20
Been back for 2 weeks now, and it's blinking cold.
So....... booked again for the end of November, returning early Feb :Jump:

I am flying to Ontario in just over a week's time but might go to Amsterdam before then :biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
31st October 2017, 20:32
I am flying to Ontario in just over a week's time but might go to Amsterdam before then :biggrin:

Schipol Airport :NoNo: One depressing place. It's like a huge dreary train station.

Tawi2
31st October 2017, 21:30
Just booked Amsterdam :smile:

Ako Si Jamie
31st October 2017, 23:18
Enjoy the dope cafes. Won't find those in Pinas. :icon_lol:

Tawi2
31st October 2017, 23:24
Not going for the dope cafes, the Philippines actually produces a lot more cannabis than Holland ever did :smile:

Tawi2
4th November 2017, 23:03
Enjoy the dope cafes. Won't find those in Pinas. :icon_lol:
Oh yeah?:wink:

Benguet gets ready for marijuana tourism
LA TRINIDAD, BENGUET—Should medical marijuana become legal, Benguet province is opening what it considers a potential niche industry: medical marijuana tourism.
Legal marijuana plantations could bring in medical practitioners, pharmaceutical scientists and ailing Filipinos interested in a new kind of treatment, said provincial tourism officer Clarita Prudencio last week.
Downstream businesses could open interactive learning tours showing how marijuana is produced from seed propagation to harvest, or introduce the varieties of cannabis grown in cold upland climate, Prudencio said.
The Cordillera region had been classified as a key source of marijuana in Luzon. In 2016, P5.8 billion worth of the illegal weed was seized in drug eradication drives in the provinces of Benguet, Kalinga and Ifugao, according to the Cordillera police.
Benguet was one of the first provinces to acknowledge that it would benefit from the passage of measures enacting a Compassionate Medical Cannabis Act, among them House Bill No. 180, which was endorsed by the House committee on health in September.
But Benguet wants to ensure legal marijuana plantations will not disrupt its other thriving industry: salad vegetables. Benguet supplies at least 80 percent of the country’s semitemperate vegetables such as carrots, cabbages, potatoes, cauliflower and lettuce.
Marijuana rarely requires tending and inputs, compared to vegetable cultivation, but Benguet Gov. Crescencio Pacalso said a law allowing medical marijuana should set restrictions that “will prevent most vegetable farmers from shifting to marijuana.”
Provincial agriculturist Lolita Bentres said would-be cultivators should be required to undergo specialized training.
Benguet would apply for accreditation to cultivate and possibly process cannabis into medicine, Pacalso said, eyeing the province’s outskirt areas as weed farms. These are areas which have been subjects of marijuana eradication operations.
“Benguet has the suitable climate for marijuana,” the governor said, citing two towns where marijuana used to proliferate.
Pacalso said containing marijuana farms within specific towns would also help the government in monitoring production and prevent raw marijuana from being smuggled, or getting into the hands of people who were not qualified to use cannabis as a regulated drug.
ADVERTISEMENT
According to the governor, Benguet has marijuana farmers who can be tapped to determine the most suitable variety of cannabis that can be grown in these areas.
A former marijuana cultivator, who wanted to be identified only as Romeo, said he was elated by the proposed medical marijuana law because it would provide him legitimate employment. He surrendered to the police’s “Oplan Tokhang” early this year.
Now working as a part-time carpenter and as a rice and vegetable farmer, the 40-year-old Romeo said he was lured into marijuana planting by a relative in early 2000 due to poverty.
In June, Joseph Calulut, Cordillera information officer of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), said an agency source confirmed that coffee shops in Amsterdam in The Netherlands were offering “Baguio marijuana” in their menu.
The Dutch government in 1976 decreed that it would not prosecute people caught with less than 5 grams of cannabis, and had tolerated the proliferation of about 200 “coffee shops” selling recreational marijuana.
There has been no evidence of Baguio City-based weed cultivations, so the brand name may simply imply that the source of marijuana was from a mountain, PDEA said. —KARLSTON LAPNITEN

Ako Si Jamie
4th November 2017, 23:33
^ Has this idea been run past Duterte yet ? :Erm:

He might take a dim view :NEW4:

Maybe Benguet should stick to growing strawberries!

Tawi2
5th November 2017, 09:11
:wink: Duterte is fine with it :icon_lol: quite odd eh :Erm:

Duterte has, surprisingly, expressed support.
"It's effective," the president said during his 2016 campaign. "I will not deprive Filipinos of the benefits of medicinal marijuana, but I must have a clear definition of what it is and it must be approved by the FDA [Food and Drug Administration in the Philippines]."

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2017/06/fighting-medical-marijuana-duterte-drug-war-170604070616008.html

Ako Si Jamie
5th November 2017, 19:16
:wink: Duterte is fine with it :icon_lol: quite odd eh :Erm:

Duterte has, surprisingly, expressed support.
"It's effective," the president said during his 2016 campaign. "I will not deprive Filipinos of the benefits of medicinal marijuana, but I must have a clear definition of what it is and it must be approved by the FDA [Food and Drug Administration in the Philippines]."

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2017/06/fighting-medical-marijuana-duterte-drug-war-170604070616008.html

Fake news. :ReadIt:

Tawi2
5th November 2017, 19:27
Lots of foreign and pinoy news sources and haven't seen one single retraction from el president himself :wink:

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2016/05/25/1586870/duterte-ok-medical-marijuana

http://news.abs-cbn.com/lifestyle/05/23/16/duterte-yes-to-medicinal-marijuana

http://cnnphilippines.com/news/2016/05/24/rodrigo-duterte-medical-marijuana.html

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/923054/duterte-favors-medical-marijuana

Tawi2
5th November 2017, 19:38

:wink::biggrin: Enjoy the dope cafes when you're there :icon_lol:

After much debate, the Philippines House Committee on Health has endorsed House Bill 180, which would legalize cannabis for medical use in the Philippines.
The Bill was sponsored by Isabela First District Rep. Rodolfo Albano III, and in order to pass through the committee, some changes to the Bill were made

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/other/ph-house-committee-oks-medical-marijuana-bill/ar-AAstmc6

Ako Si Jamie
6th November 2017, 09:22
^ More fake news. :biggrin:

Tawi2
6th November 2017, 12:37
^ More fake news. :biggrin:

Just make sure you keep out of those dope cafes when your over in the Philippines :wink: Amsterdam is actually closing them down, slowly restricting licences. I am going to Gunter von Hagens body worlds exhibition in Amsterdam :smile:

Ako Si Jamie
7th November 2017, 14:41
I am going to Gunter von Hagens body worlds exhibition in Amsterdam :smile:

That's the code for banging whores in the red light district :do_it:. Nice try :icon_lol:

Tawi2
8th November 2017, 22:13
That's the code for banging whores in the red light district :do_it:. Nice try :icon_lol:

I told you before, I sorted a lot of gravel and found a diamond. :wink: I went to the Plastination Museum today. Just had a fantastic dinner in Pasta e Basta, my favourite restaurant in the 'Dam. Currently in a hotel that has Apple Mac computers in each room and champagne on ice as part of the breakfast. Times like this, I wish I drank :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
10th November 2017, 20:56
I told you before, I sorted a lot of gravel and found a diamond. :wink: I went to the Plastination Museum today. Just had a fantastic dinner in Pasta e Basta, my favourite restaurant in the 'Dam. Currently in a hotel that has Apple Mac computers in each room and champagne on ice as part of the breakfast. Times like this, I wish I drank :icon_lol:

Sounds like a "Her indoors" Arthur Daley type of missus :wink:. Don't you guys go anywhere together? Has she been to Pinas yet?

Tawi2
10th November 2017, 22:43
Has she been to the Philippines yet???The world is a big place. We are going off for a month Stateside on Tuesday. Canada and USA. She gets plenty of nice holidays. :wink::biggrin: How many guys take their other halves to New York for the shopping on Black Friday? Because that part of the trip certainly isn't for me. :wink: And we will maybe, perhaps do 3-4 weeks early next year in Thailand. February probably?

Ako Si Jamie
11th November 2017, 13:55
Has she been to the Philippines yet???The world is a big place. We are going off for a month Stateside on Tuesday. Canada and USA. She gets plenty of nice holidays. :wink::biggrin: How many guys take their other halves to New York for the shopping on Black Friday? Because that part of the trip certainly isn't for me. :wink: And we will maybe, perhaps do 3-4 weeks early next year in Thailand. February probably?

Sounds like you're under the thumb, mate. Stick to being Rambo and go it alone! :biggrin::wink:

Tawi2
11th November 2017, 17:45
No one has ever said I am under the thumb before. :icon_lol: On my legs at this very moment are trousers. I am the one who wears them. :wink: I have just been to the Louis Vuitton shop in New Bond Street this afternoon. I actually saw a Filipina in there with her husband/partner/gentleman friend, mid-20s and she was a looker who knew she looked hot, :omg: her partner was a Brit. Few quid, in his 50s but you could tell who pulled the strings in that relationship, and it certainly wasn't him :biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
11th November 2017, 18:05
I have just been to the Louis Vuitton shop in New Bond Street this afternoon. I actually saw a Filipina in there with her husband/partner/gentleman friend, mid-20s and she was a looker who knew she looked hot, :omg: her partner was a Brit. Few quid, in his 50s but you could tell who pulled the strings in that relationship, and it certainly wasn't him :biggrin:

I bet he has to send a lot of wonga to Pinas every month :icon_lol::REGamblMoney01HL1:

Tawi2
11th November 2017, 18:15
Probably, he looked affluent, and I know he bought one of those little £1300 backpacks because it's what she was looking at, and they walked out with a purchase. I wonder if she would be with him if he worked in Tesco :cwm25: such is life :smile:

Ako Si Jamie
11th November 2017, 21:12
Probably, he looked affluent, and I know he bought one of those little £1300 backpacks because it's what she was looking at, and they walked out with a purchase. I wonder if she would be with him if he worked in Tesco :cwm25: such is life :smile:

Would Melania Trump be married to dopey Donald if he had a job sauntering down the High St slapping parking tickets onto cars? No way Jose. Money talks, but we all know that.

Ako Si Jamie
11th November 2017, 21:14
I know he bought one of those little £1300 backpacks

At that price, the explosives must be included! :wink:

Tawi2
11th November 2017, 22:24
Pair of flip-flops in there, bog standard but with LV on them......£305 :icon_lol: it's all in the marketing :smile:

Ako Si Jamie
11th November 2017, 23:54
Pair of flip-flops in there bog standard but with LV on them......£305 :icon_lol: it's all in the marketing :smile:

Who would want the name of an insurance company on their flip-flops? :cwm3::wink:

Tawi2
11th November 2017, 23:57
People with lots of cash I guess :Erm:

Ako Si Jamie
12th November 2017, 02:16
Multi-Zillionaires probably, with money to burn. Oh how the other half live.

:yeahthat:

Tawi2
12th November 2017, 14:43
Oh how the other half live.
Yup, it's hard sometimes, but I bear the burden :bigcry:

Arthur Little
12th November 2017, 16:05
Yup, it's hard sometimes, but I bear the burden :bigcry:

:Erm: ... d'you mean you bear the brunt?

Tawi2
12th November 2017, 16:42
:Erm: ... d'you mean you bear the brunt?

No Arthur I did get A level English so I know what I bear. :wink: I know you used to edit my posts without asking :NoNo: brunt means the main impact of a specified action, burden is what I mean and bear, burden as in a heavy load (of cash, I wish. :bigcry:) :biggrin:

Arthur Little
13th November 2017, 01:43
No Arthur I did get A level English so I know what I bear. :wink: I know you used to edit my posts without asking :NoNo: brunt means the main impact of a specified action, burden is what I mean and bear, burden as in a heavy load (of cash, I wish. :bigcry:) :biggrin:

Yes, :iagree:, I used to alter some of your posts; NOT their content, I would hasten to add, :nono-1-1: ... rather your style of presentation, i.e., your habit of ramming words together at times - without any proper spacing between them - which irked :cwm23: me and, to my mind, looked untidy to a reader's eye.

Tawi2
13th November 2017, 08:25
Irked? Your a mod Arthur, my presentation and content is what singles me out as an individual as with anyone online its their identity, its how one character is defined from another online. What someone writes and how they write it is who they are on a flat screen :wink: as for ramming words together my presentation hasn't changed at all, i am sure this is readable as words are supposed to follow one another :wink:

SimonH
13th November 2017, 10:05
Irked?Your a mod Arthur,my presentation and content is what singles me out as an individual as with anyone online its their identity,its how one character is defined from another online,what someone writes and how they write it is who they are on a flat screen :wink: as for ramming words together my presentation hasn't changed at all,i am sure this is readable as words are supposed to follow one another :wink:

Please can someone change the spelling of your to you're, it's really beginning to irk :Rasp:

Ako Si Jamie
13th November 2017, 13:25
Irked? Your a mod Arthur, my presentation and content is what singles me out as an individual as with anyone online its their identity, its how one character is defined from another online. What someone writes and how they write it is who they are on a flat screen :wink: as for ramming words together my presentation hasn't changed at all, i am sure this is readable as words are supposed to follow one another :wink:

I always thought you were typing from your phone hence the style. What really singles you out though is that pink shirt! :biggrin::wink:

SimonH
13th November 2017, 13:33
I always thought you were typing from your phone hence the style. What really singles you out though is that pink shirt! :biggrin::wink:

Only real men can wear pink :Wave:

Ako Si Jamie
13th November 2017, 13:59

YOUR having a laugh! :t11t2:

SimonH
13th November 2017, 14:01
YOUR having a laugh! :t11t2:

Oh no I isnt :icon_lol:

Tawi2
13th November 2017, 15:03
You know it,that t-shirt is salmon,thats my son and he is a real man,skydiving,diving with sharks,lots of girlfriends,and he is going to be a doctor :wink: I don't think he gives a toss what colour shirt he is wearing,the world is at his feet,as he said he has unlimited access to all of those nurses soon,they all love a Dr :wink:
As for grammar police.....................Really? :icon_lol:

SimonH
13th November 2017, 15:12
That's a malicious rumour, my grammar was never in the police, it was my granddad :smile:

Tawi2
13th November 2017, 15:14
That's a malicious rumour, my grammar was never in the police, it was my granddad :smile:
How irksome :icon_lol:

Tawi2
13th November 2017, 17:45
Oh no I isnt :icon_lol:
Wrong spilling,its "Oh no I aren't" :biggrin:

Arthur Little
13th November 2017, 19:31
Please can someone change the spelling of your to you're, it's really beginning to irk :Rasp:

:yeahthat: really bugs me too ... as does the omission of an apostrophe in "its" when, e.g., it's being applied to a shortened form of "it is". Likewise, it grates :Rasp: seeing the personal pronoun typed "i" and/or the further use of small case characters for the initial letters of proper nouns - such as the names of people or places.

C'mon man ... having 'A~Level English, you're bound to know as well as I do, the traits I've just described AREN'T ever correct :NoNo: in ANY grammatical circumstances.

Moreover, for the record, I happen to possess the Scottish equivalent of an 'A-Level' in the same subject :biggrin:, viz:- SCE English at Higher Grade.

Tawi2
13th November 2017, 19:46
C'mon man :icon_lol: Arthur your so "street" :icon_lol: you should have been a proof reader :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
13th November 2017, 20:23
So that's your son in the pic is it Tawi? I think I'd make up a fib too if I had a photo of me wearing a pink shirt :wink:.

In all seriousness, the pink shirt comments are banter. No offence intended.

Actually, I've worn pink in the past. Yes, I do miss wearing that salmon coloured ra-ra skirt I once owned.

Back to being serious. I did have a pastille pink v-neck sweater at one time and it was my favourite item of clothing.

Wearing pink though doesn't make you a real man like Simon is suggesting. To be a real man the individual obviously has to be irksome and to demonstrate poor examples of English grammar. :wink:

Arthur Little
13th November 2017, 20:32
:icon_lol: Arthur your so "street" :icon_lol: you should have been a proof reader :icon_lol:

Hmmmmm ... :anerikke: ... probably you're spot-on there, in suggesting ^ that! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:bigcry: ... 'fraid at 73, the opportunity has long~gone now, though.

Tawi2
13th November 2017, 20:40
To be a real man the individual obviously has to be irksome and to demonstrate poor examples of English grammar. :wink:
I have had my moments :wink: