PDA

View Full Version : Working your holidays

stevewool
20th September 2017, 07:50
Many years ago when i was short of money i could work my holidays from work and everyone was happy, the boss hd me doing my normal job and i had a few extra quid in my pay packet.
So if your company was so short of workers and they wanted you to work your holiday what would you expect to be paid, yes we all need a holiday but if its your choice what would you want.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsireland/pilots-to-reject-%e2%82%ac12000-offer-for-working-on-their-days-off/ar-AAseLr0?li=BBoPRmx

Steve.r
20th September 2017, 09:41
What about the 'working time directive' ?

bigmarco
20th September 2017, 10:20
Could think of nothing worse than working when I'm supposed to be holiday.
If everyone refused then employers would simply have to recruit more staff.

stevewool
20th September 2017, 10:57
Well if it was just me thinking this i would not turn my nose away from this amount, but then again like I have said if you are ever short of cash and the only way to get extra cash is by working your holidays well I would do it.

Slip
20th September 2017, 11:41
Did this many years ago when I left school. Hadn't been allowed since.....
But saying that... the job I'm in now. I started last October. I was allowed a weeks holiday, but as there was no space in the Rota to take it they offered to pay me... I took their offer.

stevewool
20th September 2017, 12:08
Did this many years ago when I left school. Hadn't been allowed since.....
But saying that... the job I'm in now. I started last October. I was allowed a weeks holiday, but as there was no space in the Rota to take it they offered to pay me... I took their offer.

You see it can work for some.

Michael Parnham
20th September 2017, 14:40
Worked my holidays for almost thirty years of my working life because I didn't want any one else using my truck, had a new one nearly every August :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Trefor
21st September 2017, 16:11
Some will have holidays booked with family. Some will feel burned out (not what you want when piloting a plane), some will be already looking for another job (seems many RyanAir pilots have left for Norwegian and others recently). Most will be wanting a better employment contract from Ryanair and will use this to help their cause.