PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT YELL in the Philippines

Ako Si Jamie
11th October 2017, 22:57
According to an expat or two, yelling at someone in the Phils can see you taking a trip down to the local police station and even being deported or jailed. Embarassing an individual in front of others can lead to serious repercussions. Men over 40 dating a woman under 25 is not acceptable in the city. Being alone in a room with a child that isn't a blood relative is a criminal offence.

Never heard these rules before. Maybe they are true! :anerikke:

fred
12th October 2017, 00:52
Having/displaying no common sense is the worst crime here IMO..Anything could happen!

Tawi2
12th October 2017, 06:58
According to an expat or two, yelling at someone in the Phils can see you taking a trip down to the local police station and even being deported or jailed. Embarassing an individual in front of others can lead to serious repercussions. Men over 40 dating a woman under 25 is not acceptable in the city. Being alone in a room with a child that isn't a blood relative is a criminal offence.

Never heard these rules before. Maybe they are true! :anerikke:
Made up on the spot rules to extort instant fines from westerners :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
12th October 2017, 08:50
Made up on the spot rules to extort instant fines from westerners :icon_lol:

That does makes sense I guess, but all of them?

Tawi2
12th October 2017, 15:35
Men over 40 dating young women under 25, I could truly make a living as a cop pulling in westerners breaking this rule in Dumaguete or Cebu, I don't really bother with the north of the PI but Visayas and sometimes Davao yes, I would be quids (or pesos) in :wink: if......IF......that was a real law :smile:

cheekee
13th October 2017, 11:14
Men over 40 dating young women under 25, I could truly make a living as a cop pulling in westerners breaking this rule in Dumaguete or Cebu, I don't really bother with the north of the PI but Visayas and sometimes Davao yes, I would be quids (or pesos) in :wink: if......IF......that was a real law :smile:

So.true. The amount of let's say well over 45 year old men dating what looked like teenage girls was astonishing when we were in cebu recently.

Ako Si Jamie
13th October 2017, 12:45
An 80 year old and other older gentlemen chatting up young pinays in speed dating event in Cebu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGcgjZ_XwuY

Tawi2
19th October 2017, 07:41
So.true. The amount of let's say well over 45 year old men dating what looked like teenage girls was astonishing when we were in cebu recently.

My nephew is there at the moment,he is an oddity,a 24 year old with a 22 year old fiancée :icon_lol:

fred
19th October 2017, 15:21
My nephew is there at the moment,he is an oddity,a 24 year old with a 22 year old fiancée :icon_lol:

I suppose I`m a bit odd also..
Exact same age me and the other half were the day we married!!