PDA

View Full Version : Spring On Hold In UK, With Risk Of Snow To Last Into March!

Arthur Little
24th February 2018, 13:17
According to the Met Office, an unseasonal icy cold blast - nicknamed "the beast from the east" [Siberia] - is set to plunge :Britain: into :freezin:, sub-zero temperatures at the beginning of March.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/feb/24/spring-on-hold-in-uk-with-risk-of-snow-into-march-beast-from-east ...:ReadIt:

Arthur Little
24th February 2018, 14:57
According to the Met Office, an unseasonal icy cold blast - nicknamed "the beast from the east" [Siberia] - is set to plunge :Britain: into :freezin:, sub-zero temperatures at the beginning of March.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/feb/24/spring-on-hold-in-uk-with-risk-of-snow-into-march-beast-from-east ...:ReadIt:

:olddude: ... 'tis being sae cheery :biggrin:, that keeps me goin'! :wink:

Slip
24th February 2018, 15:24
I'm on the afternoon shift this coming week as well, minus 5 apparently for 10pm when I finish Wednesday.
On a side note I want this frosty weather to finish so I can get my tomato seedlings potted up and outside :icon_lol:

grahamw48
24th February 2018, 16:55
Just what we need ! Bigger fuel bill ! :Brick:

Ako Si Jamie
25th February 2018, 13:42
I don't take weather predictions that are at least a week away seriously. I'll believe it when I see it.

Tawi2
25th February 2018, 16:58
I was ice-fishing last week in -20'ish, Brits are in the middle of a heatwave :wink:

SimonH
26th February 2018, 02:22
Due to fly into Gatwick early Wednesday morning :omg:
Hopefully I’ll get delayed in Dubai, as I just upgraded to first with some air miles :smile:

Tawi2
26th February 2018, 10:14
Bit of snow outside and low temps but not exactly severe weather though the news channels are making out like we are on the threshold of an apocalyptical iceage :icon_lol: I just checked its -16 in sask where I have just been with 5kph winds which drops the temps lower with windchill its -1 here to put it into perspective.