PDA

View Full Version : Sad to hear of the loss of Ken Dodd

Michael Parnham
12th March 2018, 13:33
The greatest funny man ever, I think he was the only comedian that could hold an audience for five hours, great guy RIP.

Trefor
12th March 2018, 13:50
Yes, sad to lose him. But to be honest, if you'd asked me I would have suggested he had already passed away, he's been out of the limelight for so long now I think most people had forgotten about him.

grahamw48
12th March 2018, 17:33
He was performing all over the country up until last year, when he became too ill.

RIP Ken ... a true great, and by all accounts, a kind and generous man his whole long life.

Slip
12th March 2018, 17:41
Didn't find him funny, but can see why people did.

Sad to see another great go. But all the old ones from that era are at that age now.

Steve.r
13th March 2018, 02:22
I can remember watching him as a kid with the Diddy Men, I cant remember too much but the song and a few images still haunt me when I think back. I think he was of his time but was mostly respected for that, not really so relevant as far as modern comedy today. But, he had a good run and made a lot of people happy over the years so it is sad to see him go. Fascinating though, that he was born and died in the same house, he lived there all his life.
RIP Doddy

Longweekend
13th March 2018, 08:57
Yes, amazing to live in the same house all your life, even more so if you are fairly well off....

Arthur Little
13th March 2018, 14:13
Sad ... yes. 'Tears, :bigcry: for Souvenirs' ...

... yet, he thanked th' Lord that he'd been blessed with [not forgetting bestowed] more than his share of happiness! :smile:

RIP.

Laraa
23rd November 2023, 10:06
The greatest funny man ever, I think he was the only comedian that could hold an audience for five hours, great guy RIP.

May his soul rest in piece. :pray: