PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshire Pudding

Terpe
29th March 2018, 08:02
Still searching for the ingredients I need for decent Yorkshire puddings here in Philippines.

Does anyone have the specific product brands I need please?

BTW, I have a great supply of M&S malt vinegar which I buy at their store in Makati...P110 for 150ml :yikes:

But goes great with Fish n Chips

imagine
29th March 2018, 13:31
When I've stayed in Manila, my kind of food choice was much better, back here in Malaybalay, I'm very limited to what I am able to eat, only oats, cornflakes when I'm able to source Kellogs I don't like Nestle bacon but its not as good as UK, obviously eggs are eggs wherever, chicken, mince beef, spaghetti. I don't like wheat bread, so finding bread that's not so sweet is difficult, often I'm hungry, I can't eat much of Pinoy food as the wrong foods make me ill. Last time I was here I was able to get Cathedral City cheese which was good but can't find now. Other cheeses here are not good, apart from a few other fancies from Gasano bakery, and yogurt and Yakult, that's almost the limit of my diet here. Malaybalay is growing, so I hope this will bring more stores like SM etc with more choices

fred
30th March 2018, 05:32
Yorkshires wont rise here...It`s a damned mystery if you ask me!

Ako Si Jamie
30th March 2018, 08:06
Yorkshires wont rise here...It`s a damned mystery if you ask me!

Have you tried taking them to Angeles City? :wink:

Michael Parnham
30th March 2018, 15:21
Yorkshires won`t rise here...It`s a damned mystery if you ask me!

Fred, I found that the flour in Philippines was spot on. I think it was labelled all purpose flour. Put pan in oven at 200% with approx two or three tablespoons of oil. Whilst that is heating up, three tablespoons of flour, one egg and a pinch of salt with half and half milk and water mixed to the texture of evaporated milk. When your oil is smoking hot, remove from oven and pour in your mixture, making sure that it's well-whisked with plenty of bubbles showing on top. Replace the pan in the oven as swiftly as possible, close door and don't open it for at least 25 minutes. Should be perfect. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
31st March 2018, 04:12
Fred, I found that the flour in Philippines was spot on. I think it was labelled all purpose flour. Put pan in oven at 200% with approx two or three tablespoons of oil. Whilst that is heating up, three tablespoons of flour, one egg and a pinch of salt with half and half milk and water mixed to the texture of evaporated milk. When your oil is smoking hot, remove from oven and pour in your mixture, making sure that it's well-whisked with plenty of bubbles showing on top. Replace the pan in the oven as swiftly as possible, close door and don't open it for at least 25 minutes. Should be perfect. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm going to try that and follow exactly step by step.....
Thanks for sharing your experience Michael

Terpe
31st March 2018, 08:07
I'm going to try that and follow exactly step by step.....
Thanks for sharing your experience Michael

How much milk and how much water in ml please

Michael Parnham
31st March 2018, 08:28
How much milk and how much water in ml please

Hello Peter, don't know what ml means, I've made Yorkshire puddings since I was three years old must have made one at least once a week, just start with say a teacup of each and whip it up with a fork and add a drop more until like evap. Let me know how you get on. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
31st March 2018, 11:02
... don't know what ml means

Michael ... 'ml' is the abbreviated form of the metric capacity measurement, milimetres. :smile:

Michael Parnham
31st March 2018, 22:33
Michael ... 'ml' is the abbreviated form of the metric capacity measurement, milimetres. :smile:

Thanks Arthur, millilitre would be the word even though I wouldn't know how to measure a liquid, I still work with pints gallons and cups or mugs :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
31st March 2018, 22:39
Our food gets criticized by outsiders but aside from curry IMO you can't beat roast beef, yorkshire puddings & roasties. :hubbahubba:

Arthur Little
31st March 2018, 23:01
Thanks Arthur, millilitre would be the word even though I wouldn't know how to measure a liquid, I still work with pints gallons and cups or mugs :icon_lol:

Michael ... my mistake; :yeahthat: should've been mililitres ... :icon_sorry:!

Michael Parnham
1st April 2018, 08:21
Our food gets criticized by outsiders but aside from curry IMO you can't beat roast beef, yorkshire puddings & roasties. :hubbahubba:

Nice one Jamie :wink:

Michael Parnham
1st April 2018, 08:23
Michael ... my mistake; :yeahthat: should've been mililitres ... :icon_sorry:!

No need to apologise Arthur, remember you're the man :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
11th April 2018, 10:19
I haven't tried cooking Yorkshire pudding yet....got all the ingredients ready though...time seems to slip past me these days....

Michael Parnham
11th April 2018, 13:06
Remember Peter, make sure the mixture has bubbles of air on top as you pour in to your bubbling hot pan, in the oven as quickly as possible and don't open oven door for approx. 20/25 minutes. Good luck and let me know how you progress :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
12th April 2018, 03:29
Remember Peter, make sure the mixture has bubbles of air on top as you pour in to your bubbling hot pan, in the oven as quickly as possible and don't open oven door for approx. 20/25 minutes. Good luck and let me know how you progress :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Micheal..I used to make fantastic Yorkshires in the UK.. Here..They dont rise!!
I even had some plain flour sent from the UK..No difference. It`s a big mystery!

imagine
12th April 2018, 12:06
I know someone who just couldn't make Yorkshire puds; she substituted with pancakes. Sunday dinner wasn't so bad, they are a good seconder