PDA

View Full Version : Suspected murder of Brit in Pangasinan

Ako Si Jamie
16th April 2018, 15:14
The body of 56 year old Gerry Higgins of Clapham in London was found dumped in a pond.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5620585/British-man-dead-note-saying-unlucky-thief-suspected-murder-Philippines.html

Ako Si Jamie
16th April 2018, 15:20
It happened in Binmaley which is between Dagupan and Lingayen.

grahamw48
16th April 2018, 19:10
Near our place... but not me. :cwm25:

grahamw48
16th April 2018, 19:18
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a person might write such a note to potential pickpockets. Certainly a possibility.

Maybe he just got in the way of a passing vehicle. :anerikke:

One thing that is virtually assured... nobody will ever know, because it will all be forgotten by the PI authorities after a week, just as the REAL and WITNESSED murder of the only other 'white man' in 'our' town was, which happened 50 yards from our apartment, a couple of years ago.

Ako Si Jamie
17th April 2018, 17:24
I tend to think the reason Westerners get murdered in the Phils usually boils down to two factors. Naivety and upsetting the wrong person. Yes, this could be a genuine vehicular accident although for that to happen the road has to be close to where the body was found in the pond/lake.

fred
18th April 2018, 12:27
I tend to think the reason Westerners get murdered in the Phils usually boils down to two factors. Naivety and upsetting the wrong person. Yes, this could be a genuine vehicular accident although for that to happen the road has to be close to where the body was found in the pond/lake.

Actually,the main factor is usually due to relations by marriage etc. Marry the wrong one over here and your life expectancy diminishes horribly!

Ako Si Jamie
18th April 2018, 13:56
Actually,the main factor is usually due to relations by marriage etc. Marry the wrong one over here and your life expectancy diminishes horribly!

Definitely, but I think naivety is the root of the problem mainly, like one not knowing the pitfalls and rushing into marriage etc.