PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to have a visa while pregnant?

grace monteroso
14th January 2008, 06:18
hello! i'm grace monteroso, i would like to ask if i could possibly apply for a visa while i'm 5 months pregnant. what should i do? i'm confused in what to do. please help.

Manilana
14th January 2008, 10:21
Hi Grace,
May I ask you what type of visa are you planning to apply?

A_flyer
14th January 2008, 10:47
hello! i'm grace monteroso, i would like to ask if i could possibly apply for a visa while i'm 5 months pregnant. what should i do? i'm confused in what to do. please help.
Visa is not linked to this, but travelling is. Airlines may request a medical certificate from their accredited doctor to allow you to travel. They don't like to divert a flight because you're giving birth on board (don't forget your travel insurance also in case...).

Here is an example with Cathay Pacific: http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_INTL/helpingyoutravel/pregnantwomen

Check the requirements on the airline you will choose for travelling.

Manilana
14th January 2008, 12:19
I asked Grace what type of visa she is applying, because I knew somebody whose applied for a visitor visa and she was 4 months pregnant, the British Embassy turned down the application. To think that visa process takes few weeks, so by the time she got her visa and sorted out the plane ticket, she will be 6 months pregnant. If she granted 3 months visa then it means she have to go home on her 8th month pregnancy which I doubt to get a medical clearance.. so its a bit complicated.
I think if its fiancee there could be a chance to be granted as long as the sponsor can demonstrate enough accommodation and financial statements that she will not recourse to public funds and that they will get married before the visa expires.imho...

A_flyer
14th January 2008, 13:23
That's why medical insurance are required for travelling....

KeithD
14th January 2008, 15:14
Fiancee visa + medical note for the airline + keep your legs crossed.....you should be fine :)

Mrs.JMajor
14th January 2008, 16:18
hmm,

pray will help u achieve what u want (most of the time):gp::Hellooo:

joebloggs
14th January 2008, 17:01
Fiancee visa + medical note for the airline + keep your legs crossed.....you should be fine :)

i thought it was keep your fingers crossed :D, i wouldn't risk it, come when your baby is born, the flight is a strain on most of us :cwm24:, 14hrs flight time and hours of waiting.. not good for you lady ..:NoNo:

but good luck to you and the bb what ever you do :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jmlbp
19th January 2008, 23:51
hi there!!

can relate the topic..coz am 5 months pregnant when i applied fiance visa and was approved not just in a month.so i travel went back here in UK on my 6 months pregnancy...isnt hassle or noboody in airport,airlines or customs asked bout my pregnancy but still had a doc certification for incase.

tommyw
21st January 2008, 22:23
My friend Ian married a Filipina a few months ago in Bagiuo.
He met her while she was working here in Crieff, Scotland, but she had to go home when her contract expired.
She has just got her "Spouse visa" after waiting 9 or 10 weeks, and she arrives here tomorrow!!! Daphne is 7 months pregnant!
We are all delighted for them both. Some of us know the sheer torture of
waiting for our loved ones.
Thank God she got it!!