PDA

View Full Version : Successful Fiancee Visa In 5 weeks

Manilana
14th January 2008, 10:29
:Hellooo::Hellooo:Halo!! I got my visa in 5 weeks no interview!!!hoorayyyyyy:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
Thank you filipinouk forum!!! thank you thank you!!! :BouncyHappy:

winner
14th January 2008, 10:38
well done welcome to sunny england

kimmi
14th January 2008, 13:25
wow Congratz, Manilana..welcome to the UK..when are u going to come here?

vrn
14th January 2008, 14:41
CHEERS!:icon_win:

CONGRATULATIONS, Manilana

KeithD
14th January 2008, 15:00
Don't thank us all yet, we haven't sent the bill :D

Manilana
14th January 2008, 15:16
Thanks everyone.
We`ll be there in England soooon.
To administrator; thanks but I dont accept bill. hehehe.. I do not want to have a bil-bil hehehe.

Mrs.JMajor
14th January 2008, 16:13
hehehe i guess u born lucky,like me :REDancedancer08:

:icon_win::cwm12::gp:

mhynne
14th January 2008, 16:49
congrats manilana.. welcome to cold UK.. i arrived here only last week.. dont forget your cfo sticker and x ray! try also to get something to warm you up already... its so cold here... congrats again!

joebloggs
14th January 2008, 16:55
nowt wrong with the weather :Erm:,,

even my misses would rather have the cold weather but sunny :36_1_26[1]: than that hot sunny thing burning you :smileybigangry:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

dont need winter clothes, do what my wife and most filipina's do, where your phils clothes here, and wonder :Erm: why you catch a cold and flu :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Manilana
14th January 2008, 19:18
Is it true that I need to enter the UK within 28 days from the date the visa issued? and Do I need to have a Medical certificate/ clearance? Thanks

Tiggers0608
14th January 2008, 20:49
:Hellooo::Hellooo:Halo!! I got my visa in 5 weeks no interview!!!hoorayyyyyy:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
Thank you filipinouk forum!!! thank you thank you!!! :BouncyHappy:

Congratulations manilana

Manilana
14th January 2008, 20:50
hi thank you tiggers

Tiggers0608
14th January 2008, 21:01
hi thank you tiggers

hi manilana about your inquiry, i've heard that spouse visa need to be there in 28 days, and fiancee it can be late than 28 days ... but im kinda not sure, why dont you try asking the ukvacs or uk embassy ... try to e-mail them to be sure.

btw i've tried to PM here before, but i couldnt send any message to you and i've tried your YM but i guess you didnt get the offline.

good luck and again congrats to you and your fiance :Hellooo:

mach
14th January 2008, 21:20
Congratulations!!!

nigel
14th January 2008, 21:24
Is it true that I need to enter the UK within 28 days from the date the visa issued? and Do I need to have a Medical certificate/ clearance? Thanks
I hope that's not true!!:yikes: Me and Vimvie got our visa in December, and I'm planning to fly her here next month!:yikes: Well done for getting the visa!:xxgrinning--00xx3: It's a nice feeling when you get it isn't it?:BouncyHappy:

Manilana
14th January 2008, 21:35
Hi Nigel, yes Im so much excited.
Best wishes to you and to your Vimvie.

vbkelly
14th January 2008, 21:42
congratz manilana!!!

Manilana
14th January 2008, 21:44
Thanks vbkelly and mach

joebloggs
15th January 2008, 03:09
you must enter the uk within 28 days of the start date on a spouse visa or you might have to apply for FLR to make your stay upto 2yrs in the uk, and that will cost you money, time and worry. so don't take longer :NoNo:

as for fiancee visa i don't think you do, but i'm not 100% sure, as once wed, you will be applying for FLR for 2 years anyway, so you will have been in the uk 2 yrs, so you can then apply for ILR. maybe someone whos been on a fiancee visa can confirm :BouncyHappy:

Manilana
15th January 2008, 12:05
Thanks Joebloggs. I have called the Embassy this morning and they said that there s no problem even I do not enter UK within 28 days as I got a fiancee visa and not spouse visa.

ca143
15th January 2008, 12:19
Congrats Manilana and welcome to the COLD UK.:D

Manilana
15th January 2008, 12:41
Congrats Manilana and welcome to the COLD UK.:D

thanks ca143

tiger@tigress
15th January 2008, 13:15
Congratz Manilana

Manilana
15th January 2008, 13:25
Thanks tiger@tigress,
I got my visa, I got CFO sticker in my passport,I got my 6 months AIG travel insurance, I got my plane ticket. I wonder if theres anything else need to provide when entering the UK Immigration point. I wonder if I needed to have medical clearance.
Thanks

kimmi
15th January 2008, 13:43
wow thats great Manilana, ure ready now to fly here in the UK..what airport u are arriving?

KeithD
15th January 2008, 14:49
Definitely winter where I am....only touched 69F yesterday :NoNo:

mhynne
15th January 2008, 15:11
they just asked me for my xray sis manilana.. i think that will do
saves you a lot of time going through immigration...

Manilana
15th January 2008, 15:14
Oh Im yess I am ready to go to England, But we will have holiday to Thailand first then will do a bit shopping in HK. I am so excited, I just been to my hairdresser and to the Spa center. Oh he is coming very soon....

Manilana
15th January 2008, 15:16
they just asked me for my xray sis manilana.. i think that will do
saves you a lot of time going through immigration...

thanks for the info sis mhynne.
I hope you having a nice day there..:)

Marwin08
15th January 2008, 16:27
im happy for you manilana. Congratulations to you. And best wishes in advance.

rosstrtco
15th January 2008, 17:55
well done, its a good feeling is,nt it, good luck in england, what part of uk you off to?

mhynne
15th January 2008, 17:57
yup.. im with my husband currently as he gets to work from home today... hehehe always nice waking up to your husband every single day.. couldnt ask for more..
im sure you will feel the same way that i am feeling right now soon.. as you will be with your love one soon

Manilana
16th January 2008, 01:29
Thanks Jaywin07 and rosstrtco.
Oh yes Mhynne theres nothing better than waking up to your husband every morning. Im happy for you. Where are you in UK?

mhynne
16th January 2008, 07:37
Hampshire =) you?

Manilana
16th January 2008, 14:19
Hampshire =) you?

Hi Mhynne,
We will live in Buckingham.

Manilana
16th January 2008, 14:20
I have another question, am I allowed to take a driving course on fiancee visa? Thanks.

KeithD
16th January 2008, 14:50
If I woke up next to your husband.....:omg:

LEAHnew
17th January 2008, 04:53
:Hellooo::Hellooo:Congratulation Manilana:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Best Wishes:)

Manilana
17th January 2008, 06:08
:Hellooo::Hellooo:Congratulation Manilana:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Best Wishes:)

Thanks kukurokuk..
Have a nice day.

Manilana
17th January 2008, 06:12
Hi guys,
I have another question;
When is the 6 months fiancee visa starts? is it on the day of arrival in the UK or is it from the date of visa issued?
Thanks.

kimmi
17th January 2008, 13:47
Hi guys,
I have another question;
When is the 6 months fiancee visa starts? is it on the day of arrival in the UK or is it from the date of visa issued?
Thanks.

it is on the date of visa issued, it is also stated on ur passport sis when ur visa will expire, so before that expire u need to apply for flr..

Manilana
17th January 2008, 14:01
it is on the date of visa issued, it is also stated on ur passport sis when ur visa will expire, so before that expire u need to apply for flr..

Hi thanks for that Kimmi.
Another question: when you got your visa, does it says
Type of visa: Marriage/ CP? or
Fiancee visa?
Thanks

kimmi
17th January 2008, 14:02
ur welcome...

my visa says:

marriage/cp and then my fiance's initials and family name

Manilana
17th January 2008, 14:05
ur welcome...

my visa says:

marriage/cp and then my fiance's initials and family name

I see, coz I was wondering why it didnt says" fiancee. hehehe
thanks

kimmi
17th January 2008, 14:06
i also thought that before he he he

when are u going to come here?

Manilana
17th January 2008, 14:10
i also thought that before he he he

when are u going to come here?

We`ll be there by end of February. Thanks.

joebloggs
17th January 2008, 14:19
I have another question, am I allowed to take a driving course on fiancee visa? Thanks.

have you got a international licence ? if so you can drive for upto a year, but you must tell the insurance company that you only have an international licence and you must pass your practical and theory test within the year,,

you will need to get a provisional licence from the DVLA, but you might have to send your passport to get one, and who knows how long they will keep it :cwm24:

kimmi
17th January 2008, 14:22
have you got a international licence ? if so you can drive for upto a year, but you must tell the insurance company that you only have an international licence and you must pass your practical and theory test within the year,,

you will need to get a provisional licence from the DVLA, but you might have to send your passport to get one, and who knows how long they will keep it :cwm24:

now, i understand why my fiance told his friends that i will get it as soon as we extend my visa because they might keep my passport for a long time..thanks Joe,:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
17th January 2008, 14:38
have you got an international licence kimmi ?

i didn't like giving my misses passport to the dvla but its the only way she could get a provisional, but she got her passport back within a week or so, if i remember rightly..

Manilana
17th January 2008, 15:55

Thanks for that Joebloggs.

Manilana
18th January 2008, 15:47
now, i understand why my fiance told his friends that i will get it as soon as we extend my visa because they might keep my passport for a long time..thanks Joe,:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Did you mean Kimmi you will be applying for extension of fiancee visa?

Pepe n Pilar
18th January 2008, 15:54
Congratulations Manilana:)

Manilana
18th January 2008, 15:59
Congratulations Manilana:)

Thanks Sis Iye.

vrn
18th January 2008, 16:28
Hi Manilana, speaking of X-ray I suggest that you will bring with you your updated chest x-ray result if you have any because they'll ask you about that at the immigration. I don't have any when I arrived last December so they want me to have one; accordingly, its the new policy especially if the person entering the UK is from a country where TB is prevalent.

Manilana
19th January 2008, 00:46
Hi Manilana, speaking of X-ray I suggest that you will bring with you your updated chest x-ray result if you have any because they'll ask you about that at the immigration. I don't have any when I arrived last December so they want me to have one; accordingly, its the new policy especially if the person entering the UK is from a country where TB is prevalent.

Hi vrn,
Thanks for your suggestions, thats really appreciated.

kimmi
20th January 2008, 13:51
yes Manilana, I also need an extension of my visa before it expires..u will also need that since ull be here in a fiancee visa..

Pepe n Pilar
20th January 2008, 15:16
Hi Vrn,
What is the latest x-ray result they consider? If the departure is let's say March so the x-ray should be taken at least how many weeks or months before? thanks

kimmi
21st January 2008, 13:52
sis Iye,

I have my xray done a right after i got my visa..so I am not sure how will I know how long is the latest..

Pepe n Pilar
21st January 2008, 15:42
Thanks Sis Kimmi for the info.:)

mhynne
21st January 2008, 15:48
actually sis kimmi... when i was at the health port when i arrived the lady in the health port went back to me and rechecked the date on the xray...she said it has to be recent.. so i guess it does matter

Pepe n Pilar
21st January 2008, 16:01
Thanks Mhynne. What was the date of your x-ray result? I guess recent refers to not more than 3 months?

mhynne
21st January 2008, 17:18
im not sure how long do they need... but i had it done a week before my arrival...