PDA

View Full Version : Last one out turn off the lights

Ako Si Jamie
11th February 2019, 01:17
When I joined this forum around eight years ago the place was a hive of activity, but nowadays.... :Help1:

I've just looked on the members list and nobody who has joined in the last five last years has topped 1,000 posts yet. I don't think anybody's come even close. Why is this? Is it because guys are more wary about dating Filipina's because of the unscrupulous online dating scene?

I'm guessing that the next post on this thread if there is one will be in three or four weeks time. :wink::icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
11th February 2019, 13:05
Hi Jamie, well I'm still around hope to be on here another 20 years yet. How are you anyway?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
11th February 2019, 16:00
I'm guessing that the next post on this thread if there is one will be in three or four weeks time. :wink::icon_lol:

I still pop in from time to time Jamie mainly to check out the very latest exchange rate.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anakin
12th February 2019, 10:06
Was thinking the same thing myself Jamie. This site has helped so many people and given so much support, is it because that's not needed so much these days?

I really owe this site going back ten years, but to be honest I just look in from time to time and rarely contribute, so I'm a culprit - :(

Must try harder :smile:

jonnijon
12th February 2019, 22:40
Was thinking the same thing myself Jamie. This site has helped so many people and given so much support, is it because that's not needed so much these days?

I really owe this site going back ten years, but to be honest I just look in from time to time and rarely contribute, so I'm a culprit - :(

Must try harder :smile:

Same here, but for some reason some got banned.

grahamw48
13th February 2019, 15:01
I live in the Philippines jungle now, so look in when the drums are facing in the right direction. :Wave:

Not trying to get the Mrs into the UK either, so that also reduces my possible involvement... but still alive and well after (omg ! :cwm24: ) 13+ years on the forum . :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
14th February 2019, 00:11
I live in the Philippines jungle now, so look in when the drums are facing in the right direction. :Wave:

Not trying to get the Mrs into the UK either, so that also reduces my possible involvement... but still alive and well after (omg ! :cwm24: ) 13+ years on the forum . :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pop in for a beer next time you're in AC :Wave:

grahamw48
14th February 2019, 05:00
Pop in for a beer next time you're in AC :Wave:

Cheers Simon... will do. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
14th February 2019, 08:51
I might too next time I am home :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
15th February 2019, 03:04
I might too next time I am home :xxgrinning--00xx3:

More than welcome :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
20th February 2019, 00:16
Hi Jamie, well I'm still around hope to be on here another 20 years yet. How are you anyway?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm fine apart from turning my ankle over on a very uneven pavement Sunday night and falling over. People must have thought I was drunk especially as I was very close to an off-licence. The pain has eased somewhat. Didn't sleep well Sunday night and couldn't put any weight on my foot early Monday. Walks for the dog should resume shortly. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
20th February 2019, 00:18
I still pop in from time to time Jamie mainly to check out the very latest exchange rate.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Are you still in Bohol?

Michael Parnham
20th February 2019, 12:05
I'm fine apart from turning my ankle over on a very uneven pavement Sunday night and falling over. People must have thought I was drunk especially as I was very close to an off-licence. The pain has eased somewhat. Didn't sleep well Sunday night and couldn't put any weight on my foot early Monday. Walks for the dog should resume shortly. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wow, be careful Jamie and I hope you recover quickly, lucky it wasn't worse:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anakin
21st February 2019, 17:23
Is Terpe still around?

Michael Parnham
22nd February 2019, 13:46
Is Terpe still around?

I'm sure he's checking on us every now and again, hopefully we'll hear from him again soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
24th February 2019, 08:35
Hehehe still alive and kicking .....:olddude:

I do pop in from time to time

It seems I have been busy decorating since arriving here nearly 5 years ago....getting towards the end now hopefully.
I hope to finish this house completely before we move to another place :cwm3:

Nice to see so many of the old guard still popping in too

grahamw48
24th February 2019, 13:15
Nice to hear from you Peter. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jonnijon
24th February 2019, 20:48

It seems I have been busy decorating since arriving here nearly 5 years ago....getting towards the end now hopefully.

Tagum has grown, construction everywhere. New flyover going over the highway, so soon all city traffic can pass underneath.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
25th February 2019, 05:48
Tagum has grown, construction everywhere. New flyover going over the highway, so soon all city traffic can pass underneath.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes, I witnessed that a little time ago last time we went to ComVal.....many changes and new constructions.

Metro Manila just never stops constuctions of flyovers, new roads and train lines.......I fear its all too late.

Michael Parnham
25th February 2019, 06:28

Great to know you're still checking in on everyone Peter, glad you're ok.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
25th February 2019, 13:04
Yes, I witnessed that a little time ago last time we went to ComVal.....many changes and new constructions.

Metro Manila just never stops constuctions of flyovers, new roads and train lines.......I fear its all too late.

They just need a train line...or a few, that go beyond the city limit.... as has been 'promised' for a couple of decades now. :NoNo:

Perhaps upgrade the roads BEFORE selling millions of vehicles on 'easy payment' plans. too ? :Erm:

Anakin
25th February 2019, 13:24
Hiya Terpe

Glad to hear you're doing well. You helped me a lot when I first came here. Always wanted to buy you a drink!
Maybe one day in the Phils? :smile:
When I visit it's normally Salcedo area and Batangas. Manila is nuts. Buildings shooting up
with what appears to be little thought to the infrastructure necessary to support the growing population.
Oh well onwards and upwards as they probably say in the Manila construction business.

Longweekend
17th March 2019, 16:31
I still pop in now and again, we are still waiting for our property purchase in France to be finalised then we will pull out of Blighty, we are leaving the kids here in a smaller house so will come back a couple of times a year, I have only been a member for 6 years so a relative youngster compared to some...

Terpe
18th March 2019, 12:02
I still pop in now and again, we are still waiting for our property purchase in France to be finalised then we will pull out of Blighty, we are leaving the kids here in a smaller house so will come back a couple of times a year, I have only been a member for 6 years so a relative youngster compared to some...

Here's wishing you all the best for a grand life if France.
For us it was touch and go if France, Spain or Philippines.
We finally agreed on Philippines as I have no family in Europe but my wife has a network of family in Phils if she ever needs a support network.
As it worked out we now have virtually no contact to her family.

Anyway all best wishes for a life in France

Longweekend
18th March 2019, 20:49
We are leaving 3 x children in the UK so the PI was too far away, plus the wine is better in France..:biggrin:

jonnijon
18th March 2019, 22:05
we now have virtually no contact to her family. You lucky lucky man.:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

stevewool
19th March 2019, 09:11
Still not sure where we are going to end up, but for now holidays here in England and Scotland and Europe then it’s the Philippines for a few months around Christmas,then next year it’s going to be a few months here and there or until we like a place so much we can call it home.

joebloggs
23rd March 2019, 02:24

good to hear from you Peter and the other stalwarts :biggrin:

I'm still around, you would have thought with little Joe being 12 now and that he can look after himself I would have more time on my hands but I seem to have less time than ever, or maybe i'm just getting old :olddude:

Terpe
25th March 2019, 05:59
good to hear from you Peter and the other stalwarts :biggrin:

I'm still around, you would have thought with little Joe being 12 now and that he can look after himself I would have more time on my hands but I seem to have less time than ever, or maybe i'm just getting old :olddude:

Great to hear from you my dear friend. I always thought when I retired I'd have so much time to relax and enjoy long lost pastimes......wrong...

Good luck Joe in securing that extra time you look for....:laugher:

les_taxi
2nd April 2019, 18:42
First time I looked in for ages, think one of the reasons was too many people were banned. Was lively,controversial but the many topics and fair to say disagreements kept it alive. Not wishing to insult anyone but every-time I looked in it seemed pretty boring.

grahamw48
3rd April 2019, 08:09
Nice to hear from you too Les. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
3rd April 2019, 20:07
Cheers Graham - wow you moved out there :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
4th April 2019, 15:04
Yes Les... bit the bullet.

More fun being an OAP here... that's for sure ! :biggrin:

Handed back the council bungy, and mothballed the bus pass.

No rent here. I bought the land and built our little house on it.. all paid for.

Tough decision, but I was never going to get the Mrs to the UK, realistically. :thumbsdown:

Our boy has his British passport though, so hopefully that'll be good for him in the future... and maybe his mum too, once they've chucked my lifeless carcase in the river. :olddude:

joebloggs
6th April 2019, 14:25
First time I looked in for ages, think one of the reasons was too many people were banned. Was lively,controversial but the many topics and fair to say disagreements kept it alive. Not wishing to insult anyone but every-time I looked in it seemed pretty boring.

good to hear your ok Les :xxgrinning--00xx3:
:icon_lol: yes we had some :furious3: in the past :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
7th April 2019, 07:19

Hi Les, nice to know you're ok, are you still walking? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
7th April 2019, 20:32
No given up the walking to play 5-a side:yikes: Oldest player there,but can hardly walk next day:icon_lol: Nice to hear from you all:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
9th April 2019, 03:15
No given up the walking to play 5-a side:yikes: Oldest player there,but can hardly walk next day:icon_lol: Nice to hear from you all:xxgrinning--00xx3:

You too Les. Take care mate. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Iani
24th June 2020, 21:40
Erm.... hi?

It’s been a long time, but times change. Hope all on here are doing great.

Best regards

Arthur Little
24th June 2020, 23:50
Erm.... hi?

It’s been a long time, but times change. Hope all on here are doing great.

Best regards

:Hellooo: ... ALWAYS good to see you posting here again - however long it's been, Iani - so a warm :welcomex: back to the fold and don't be a stranger! :biggrin:

grahamw48
26th June 2020, 01:15
Greetings fellow Yorkshireman...from here in the sunny Philippines. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
31st July 2020, 10:32
Anyone here?

Been a while.

On the plus side my wife now has her ILR

hard to think I joined this site when I was looking for advise to get married, some 8 years ago I believe.

Arthur Little
31st July 2020, 14:49
Anyone here?

Yes, I am. :smile:

Been a while.

No worries ... :welcomex: back to us.

On the plus side my wife now has her ILR

:biggrin: ... GREAT news; CONGRATULATIONS to your missus for achieving ILR! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hard to think I joined this site when I was looking for advise to get married,
some 8 years ago I believe.

................ :yeahthat:'s bound to be about right - tempus fugits!

grahamw48
5th August 2020, 06:15
Nice to hear from you again Slip....and congrats to your and your Mrs, ref the ILR. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Blimey...looks like 15 years since I started being a pest on here. :cwm24:

Slip
8th August 2020, 07:53
Now we are on the move again now we can add her to the mortgage :Jump:

Sold ours ( subject to a signed contract) and now looking for a property in same area.

Scouse
10th August 2020, 12:44
Don't get on here as much as I should, there seems to be so many other things to do.

Moved to Iloilo in November and although we moved straight in to the house there are still a few things we are having done.

Started language lessons a few weeks ago (it's not easy but I'll stick with them).

If anybody is planning a visit when they can check this out from the BI website before you do. I have also added it to the Asia Visa section.

https://immigration.gov.ph/images/News/2020_Yr/08_Aug/2020Aug08_Press.pdf

les_taxi
1st December 2020, 14:32
Just a quick hello,hope everybody is well :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
1st December 2020, 17:22

Think most of the regulars are, Les ... :cwm25: ... and trust you are too!

grahamw48
2nd December 2020, 01:26

Hi Les ! :Wave:

All the best to you too mate.

Everything fine with us here in sunny Pangasinan. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
19th December 2020, 05:19
Still alive and kicking here in Marikina :Wave:

So far managed to survive Covid and the recent Typhoon that hit Marikina very badly. Worst typhoon to hit Marikina ever they said. Huge areas flooded very fast. It's only now that my wife can rest from helping with the evacuated folks....really really so sad to see what happened.

Happy Christmas to all....ours will be very quiet this year hahaha
At my age I'm not allowed outside my residence.....been stopped multiple times but so far always blagged my way out...
Gonna get locked up one of these days my wife says :biggrin:

Longweekend
20th December 2020, 15:41
Hi Les,
Yes some of us are still around...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jonnijon
20th December 2020, 22:32
Still alive and kicking here in Marikina :Wave:

So far managed to survive Covid and the recent Typhoon that hit Marikina very badly. Worst typhoon to hit Marikina ever they said. Huge areas flooded very fast. It's only now that my wife can rest from helping with the evacuated folks....really really so sad to see what happened.

Happy Christmas to all....ours will be very quiet this year hahaha
At my age I'm not allowed outside my residence.....been stopped multiple times but so far always blagged my way out...
Gonna get locked up one of these days my wife says :biggrin: Had enough of this lockdown, 10 months now, not allowed to shop is what gets me.

grahamw48
21st December 2020, 06:23
Went out with the Mrs the other day for the first time in 9 months ! They've now permitted more than one passenger on the trikes here near Dagupan (bro-in-law's being our main mode of transport).

So, I was able to nip into the city to extend my visa, and also to pick up my NBI clearance... pre-applying for my 13A.

On the way home...a call in at the supermarket to stock up on booze, food, etc. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Here... couple of pics of the views that day (in Dagupan) :

jonnijon
21st December 2020, 22:34
Roast potatoes may be on the same plate as bread sauce, but they cant meet up with turkey. Sprouts must self isolate.

Latest cartoon from MATT.

Terpe
23rd December 2020, 03:55
Roast potatoes may be on the same plate as bread sauce, but they cant meet up with turkey. Sprouts must self isolate.

Latest cartoon from MATT.

I got a big bag of Tesco frozen button sprouts the other day....looking forward to that
Also got Tesco steak pies and fish fingers...

jonnijon
23rd December 2020, 22:12
I got a big bag of Tesco frozen button sprouts the other day....looking forward to that
Also got Tesco steak pies and fish fingers...

Go on rub it in, just because you have posh shops. :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::laugher::laugher:

joebloggs
1st January 2021, 04:08
Don't get on here as much as I should, there seems to be so many other things to do.

Moved to Iloilo in November and although we moved straight in to the house there are still a few things we are having done.

Started language lessons a few weeks ago (it's not easy but I'll stick with them).

If anybody is planning a visit when they can check this out from the BI website before you do. I have also added it to the Asia Visa section.

https://immigration.gov.ph/images/News/2020_Yr/08_Aug/2020Aug08_Press.pdf

I know a Scouser, well she's from the posh part :biggrin: her and her BF have bought a house in Iloilo , but she made it back to the UK before the lockdown back in March/April and can't wait to get back to the Phils.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnExCQ6yXcg&t=29s