PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone here... This site and people are nice

jergeri
15th January 2008, 13:13
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I have been browsing the topics for a long time now and decided to register and introduce myself, even just briefly.
I am from Hungary and currently working in Scotland. My beloved partner whom I had met in the Philippines last October is still there, and I am going to find a way so that we can be together. Forever I hope. I will do everything to reach this even if I have to go and live there in the Philippines heheh...

I just wanna tell You girlies and guys are so nice... Posting valuable information for uninformed people and guys who are about to loose their hope.

I will also share my experiences in the appropriate section of this forum.

Wishing you all the best,

Greg:)

kimmi
15th January 2008, 13:44
hi jergeri, welcome to the forum..:) just let us know in what ways we can help..

Goodluck..

Mrs.JMajor
15th January 2008, 13:48
hi jergeri..........:Hellooo:Hellooo:Hellooo::Wave:...saure thing ..u will like the site

jergeri
15th January 2008, 17:29
Hey Girlies,
Kimmi, thanx for the courage...Well my brain is still so overhauled with thoughts, and now I have come to the consequence that my girl has no real chance of getting a job offer and work permit here in U.K.. She is not a nurse or does not qualify as highly skilled immigrant, and has documented work experience only as a golf attendant. Maybe I can find a private Golf Club in Scotland that would hire her as a golf caddy heheh... I don't wanna rush into marriage yet but I love her so much, that it seems the easiest and only way for us now.... Gosh I did not expect that it would be so difficult/unpredictable to get ger even a tourist visa...

Well there's this thing that I'd need some help in..regarding the caregiver courses in Philippines. She is just about to enroll one, and I don't know how valuable it is, if she takes that course... But I guess this question is already offtopic, I might have to move myself to the "visas, employment" section :-)

Bye for now,
Greg

mhynne
15th January 2008, 17:40
welcome to the forum jergeri..
ive heard caregiver courses take about 6 months to finish then she has to take an exam after to get certification.. from then on she can try looking for a job overseas... she might need to also consider that some caregivers that are currently working in the UK now (the last news that ive heard) are being threatened to be laid off and sent home.. not sure if that is still the situation now.. hopefully that has already gone down.. anyway good luck on your gfs situation.. let us know when we can help.. =)

KeithD
15th January 2008, 18:12
If you are married, and living in the UK, and allowed to work under the terms of the visa, you DO NOT need any qualifications to work as a caregiver.

Any Phil qualifications are worthless, as anyone new, whether they are British or not all have to do the same NVQ's while working as they go.

jergeri
15th January 2008, 18:14
Thank you mhynne for the courage... I really did not expect that I get so many replies so soon :-) You all make my day happy :)))) I just come back from the Philippines not much more than 2 weeks ago, and still shocked by the temperature in Europe hehehhh. I wanna go back!!!! Drink buko juice and eat lechon baboy, and of course... be with my lady...
Regarding the bad news for caregivers, I think (and hope) I found information on this, that is, the U.K. government already reversed the policy at the end of last year.
http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/news/view_article.php?article_id=81896
I just hope this is still the situation.
Anyway, mhynne I see you are in Quezon City, is that right? Is your man also settled there? I might also have to think about this later on...
While I was in Philippines, I met so many nice people there... Really.

Mabuhay Pinoys!!!!!! Have a nice day! Or Maayong gabii for everyone in the Philippines. Hope you all are already asleep, or singing in videoke hehehhh...

jergeri
15th January 2008, 18:29
Ohhh, thanks Win2Win for joining... Does that mean her caregiver certificate will be useless, even for an application for healthcare assistant? Well anyway I see that the options for her to come to the U.K. based on a work permit and working visa, as far as I have learned it is getting more and more difficult for caregivers in the Philippines due to the flow of Eastern European workforce... Maybe she can still find a job with the caregiver certification alone, but it might be very hard, if she has no experience...

jergeri
15th January 2008, 18:30
Well mhynnie, I found the following link,

I hope this is still the case...
Anyway thank you for the courage... You Pinoys are so nice

winner
15th January 2008, 18:53
caregiver or healthcare jobs are not seen as professional jobs in the uk you can go on 2 or 3 weeks courses you pay 50 or 70 pounds to nurses professionals here in oxford when you find job doing healthcare you get your money back i know all this is ture cos i work in the N H S and the private sector

kimmi
16th January 2008, 12:43
Hey Girlies,
Kimmi, thanx for the courage...Well my brain is still so overhauled with thoughts, and now I have come to the consequence that my girl has no real chance of getting a job offer and work permit here in U.K.. She is not a nurse or does not qualify as highly skilled immigrant, and has documented work experience only as a golf attendant. Maybe I can find a private Golf Club in Scotland that would hire her as a golf caddy heheh... I don't wanna rush into marriage yet but I love her so much, that it seems the easiest and only way for us now.... Gosh I did not expect that it would be so difficult/unpredictable to get ger even a tourist visa...

Well there's this thing that I'd need some help in..regarding the caregiver courses in Philippines. She is just about to enroll one, and I don't know how valuable it is, if she takes that course... But I guess this question is already offtopic, I might have to move myself to the "visas, employment" section :-)

Bye for now,
Greg

hi greg,

where in scotland are u? about the caregiver course for me it will be a great help for her, its like getting a basic nursing subjects or course so at least she have skills aside from the golf attendant, its a great thing..

tourist visa is very hard to get in the philippines unless she can really prove to the eco that she can support her stay here in the UK..

cinmickey28
16th January 2008, 12:52
Hello Greg,

I used to trained as caregiving it took me 8 months including the on-the-job training. I search for work and found an employer supposedly for Birmingham but when my employer applied to hire a caregiver he failed with the requirements at the Home Office.

But caregiving will be also be an additional knowledge and skills for her as she will learn many modules but if she enrolled she should choose one that is accredited with TESDA.

walesrob
16th January 2008, 13:05
Well mhynnie, I found the following link,

I hope this is still the case...
Anyway thank you for the courage... You Pinoys are so nice

Ignore that news article, it's NOT UK government policy, but the thoughts of some Recruitment Consultant in Manila.

Mrs.JMajor
16th January 2008, 14:20
hmmm.........
:xxsport-smiley-002:
tampo !!! (think why i make tampo ) :Erm::smileybigtmouth:

Manilana
16th January 2008, 14:22
caregiver or healthcare jobs are not seen as professional jobs in the uk you can go on 2 or 3 weeks courses you pay 50 or 70 pounds to nurses professionals here in oxford when you find job doing healthcare you get your money back i know all this is ture cos i work in the N H S and the private sector

Would you please kindly give the links of that courses. Thanks

KeithD
16th January 2008, 14:48
UK laws changed in 2007, all care workers have to be trained to NVQ levels, but you can still get a job with no qualifications, and they train you as they go.

mhynne
16th January 2008, 16:59
hello jergeri..
my husband and i own a condo unit un eastwood qc but now we are currently in hampshire uk.. i just recently got my spousal visa and now with my husband.. =)
yeah many nice people in the phils.. =)

jergeri
16th January 2008, 18:53
Hi kimmi, yeah I also think it would be of great help, even just gathering the basic knowledge. I am already thinking about trying to go there and work until she finishes the course :-) Well I am based in Aberdeen at the moment. Cold, rain everyday, but the gulls (they call them ***** hawks here, sorry for the abusive word...) are friendly, and are around at all times :))) Are you also in Scotland?

jergeri
16th January 2008, 18:56
jedc143, what is tampo?

winner
16th January 2008, 20:30
hi manilana try this www.nhs.uk hope this help you can only get job there if your in england and on a work visa you can not apply from the philppnes

kimmi
17th January 2008, 14:00
Hi kimmi, yeah I also think it would be of great help, even just gathering the basic knowledge. I am already thinking about trying to go there and work until she finishes the course :-) Well I am based in Aberdeen at the moment. Cold, rain everyday, but the gulls (they call them ***** hawks here, sorry for the abusive word...) are friendly, and are around at all times :))) Are you also in Scotland?

its ok geri, btw, yes im here in scotland now with my fiance..ur idea of planning to go there for work until she finishes seems to be a great idea but i am crossing my fingers that u will find a good job there..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jedc143, what is tampo?

tampo means sulking...:Rasp::Rasp: i think one of the best thing that describe filipina are we are the sulking queen he he he

jergeri
21st January 2008, 19:10
Oh thank you kimmi. Whereabout in Scotland are you? Well it seem now, that I am going back to the mighty Philippines this April or May. I cannot wait until that... I cannot wait to see my girl. Whatever I do there I don't care... Kimmi, can I ask how you met? What do you do in Scotland?
Hi

Greg

scotsfiancee
21st January 2008, 19:45
hi greg,

filipina here same place as you livin now.........how can i help?

Pm me if u want.

andypaul
21st January 2008, 19:59
jedc143, what is tampo?

When a fillpina goes moody by not saying anything.

Sadly they met there match with the british male who can say nothing for days well of any use any way:D

katie37pinayuk
21st January 2008, 20:11
this is just a suggestion - it is useless to enrol her in a caregiver course which qualifies her to work in canada. look for an NVQ access training course in the Philippines or NVQ 2 or 3. and then get her to uk on a student visa by enrolling her on an NVQ 4 or higher lever (RMA or Assessors course), she is permitted to work 20 hrs/wk. last month we employed 2 filipino students of NVQ 4 and they applied their student visa while they were in the Philippines. frankly, it is difficult for you to get a work permit/visa, i was almost chucked out of this country due to directives of home office to give the post to the members of the EU. and you will be her sponsor and show proof you can support her studies and stay in the uk.

empott
22nd January 2008, 01:51
... I am already thinking about trying to go there and work until she finishes the course :-)

You can not work here, its illegal, unless ...

kimmi
22nd January 2008, 14:03
Oh thank you kimmi. Whereabout in Scotland are you? Well it seem now, that I am going back to the mighty Philippines this April or May. I cannot wait until that... I cannot wait to see my girl. Whatever I do there I don't care... Kimmi, can I ask how you met? What do you do in Scotland?
Hi

Greg

I am here in Glasgow..I am here now on a fiancee visa since last December..Greg, if u want help on anything just sent me a message..I wish u all the best and hope everything went ok with u and ur girl...:)

jergeri
6th February 2008, 18:32
Hi everyone, and thanks for all the answers...For now I want to find a good priced trustable jewellery shop in Manila, I'm going to my girl in April and planning to buy an engagement ring, but not sure where to buy, I've read the appropriate threads here and browsed the internet but have not found any nice shop that has online selection. Maybe I had better buy it here in the U.K... And well everyone who knows the beginning of this thread might see that we'll be having easier times for my girl to come to U.K. than I expected first :) The only difficult thing for me now is to wait...Gosh still almost 2 months before I can see my Treasure again..

jergeri
13th February 2008, 17:47
Sorry kimmi I cannot access the private messaging, the system doesnt allow. I want 2 ask some things from u but i must still find the way...

scotsfiancee
13th February 2008, 18:14
Hi jergeri.,

Whereabout your gf from?

ervenescence
13th February 2008, 21:08
gerjeri, your username is funny... :icon_lol:,

a word gerjer in Davao is widely known as something else...:D

hehe, nevermind me, i just can't help it.:Rasp:

btw, welcome to the forum Greg.

aromulus
13th February 2008, 23:09
gerjeri, your username is funny... :icon_lol:

word gerjer in Davao is widely known as something else...:D

Yeah...........

As in what....????:Erm:

baboyako
14th February 2008, 10:47
Yeah...........

As in what....????:Erm:

like tojak

jergeri
12th June 2008, 12:56
Hi scotsfiancée my girl is from Mindanao, Sindangan.
We have been married for 2 weeks now!!!!:BouncyHappy::cwm12::cwm38:
How about you?

Sorry I havent read this thread for a long time.. :Rasp:

Piamed
12th June 2008, 13:46
Congarts on your wedding Jergeri!

jguanlao
12th June 2008, 14:06
congrats po!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
nice to hear from u again:BouncyHappy:

cruisingkerry
12th June 2008, 23:46
Hi Jergeri,

I know how difficult it is, my fiance is in the phils now and I am here, working, trying to find a way to have enough money in the bank to apply for visas. He is going to have to go back to sea to support his mum and family at home. So don;t know when I'll see him again :bigcry:

Sometimes it seems desperate but through the words and post of the people on this site I know one day we will be together for ever :cwm38:

Good luck
Kerryx

patti1227
13th June 2008, 08:36
Congratulations jergeri for finally having the Unity of Matrimony with your lady. :)