PDA

View Full Version : Struck By My Resemblance To 'D Day' Veteran

Arthur Little
5th June 2019, 23:50
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48185757?ThisFB&fbclid=IwAR2K1DWPoScBE5uhOaMHnlc9dLd5wo1a3hUXV6US8Nz5XehHjwhxtfhl2y0

:grosyeux: ... astonishing! Because the Normandy Landings - being comemorated all this week - took place 3 months prior to my birth.

Although I've *barely reached three quarters of a century in years, :cwm25: the [really] elderly chap shown in the link provided is already 95! :cwm24:

Steve.r
6th June 2019, 08:16
He looks younger than you Arthur .... :xxparty-smiley-004::olddude::biggrin:

grahamw48
6th June 2019, 14:24
Did you mean your three quarter century Arthur ? :biggrin:

My uncle David had one leg shorter than the other, after stepping on one of the mines he was supposed to be clearing, after the D-Day landings. :cwm25:

He did get to go home early though.

Arthur Little
6th June 2019, 17:14
He looks younger than you Arthur .... :xxparty-smiley-004::olddude::biggrin:

Haha ... :laughitupsmilie: ... ^ very funny! :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
6th June 2019, 17:58
Did you mean your three quarter century Arthur ? :biggrin:

Yes, I did, Graham ... :68711_thanx: Since noticed my mistake, and have amended it accordingly.

My uncle David had one leg shorter than the other, after stepping on one of the mines he was supposed to be clearing, after the D-Day landings. :cwm25:

:omg: ... how awful!

He did get to go home early though.

.................... :yeahthat:'s one consolation!

Anakin
7th June 2019, 13:12
Very moving yesterday. Don't think I've ever reflected that much on my father's involvement, but it somehow brought it home yesterday.
He was in charge of a landing craft dropping off Canadian Marines, and I always remember him telling me that many of the poor devils were so sea-sick
they were pretty desperate to get on dry land. God knows how many survived, but a different breed for sure.
Bless them all.