PDA

View Full Version : Proud As Punch

Arthur Little
14th June 2019, 22:52
:Hellooo: ... New Deer Primary School, Aberdeenshire scooped the honours by emerging triumphant :icon_win: at the Scottish First Minister's annual National Reading Challenge held, this year, in Glasgow on Monday.

Pictured receiving the prestigious award are my lovely wee granddaughter, Freya (left) and one of her fellow pupils, called Mia. Moreover, I've since heard that my grandson, Ewan - who's just completed his 1st year of Secondary Education - has gained Certificates of Merit in Science & Social Studies at Mintlaw Academy. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

https://www.buchanobserver.co.uk/news/people/new-deer-school-wins-national-reading-award-1-4946316

:olddude: ... Little wonder, then, I'm bursting with pride!

Arthur Little
16th June 2019, 16:38
Oh well ... :anerikke: ... I don't suppose the achievements of one member's relatives are gonna be of particular interest to ANOTHER; but, for someone like myself, who's been here a long time and who makes a point of acknowledging others' accomplishments :cwm24: ... it's a bit disillusioning when such posts receive no replies whatsoever.

Michael Parnham
17th June 2019, 06:13
:Hellooo: ... New Deer Primary School, Aberdeenshire scooped the honours by emerging triumphant :icon_win: at the Scottish First Minister's annual National Reading Challenge held, this year, in Glasgow on Monday.

Pictured receiving the prestigious award are my lovely wee granddaughter, Freya (left) and one of her fellow pupils, called Mia. Moreover, I've since heard that my grandson, Ewan - who's just completed his 1st year of Secondary Education - has gained Certificates of Merit in Science & Social Studies at Mintlaw Academy. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

https://www.buchanobserver.co.uk/news/people/new-deer-school-wins-national-reading-award-1-4946316

:olddude: ... Little wonder, then, I'm bursting with pride!

You have every right to be bursting with pride Arthur, the school seems to be a great place to have one's children privileged enough to be educated there. Thanks for a great post.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
17th June 2019, 16:08
You have every right to be bursting with pride Arthur, the school seems to be a great place to have one's children privileged enough to be educated there. Thanks for a great post.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you, Michael ... :iagree:!