PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful, Wonderful Copenhagen

Arthur Little
24th June 2019, 19:50
:yeahthat:s where we're headed this year for our annual European Citybreak, :cwm25: ... leaving a week on Wednesday - July 3rd - and returning a week later!

Terpe
25th June 2019, 08:08
Nice Arthur....hope you'll both enjoy your city break.
It's been a long time since I visited, but in my time Copenhagen had fantastic transport systems of train and metro which made getting around so very cheap and easy.
You can get a netro train from the airport to city centre.

Have fun you both :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
18th July 2019, 21:49
Nice Arthur....hope you'll both enjoy your city break.
It's been a long time since I visited, but in my time Copenhagen had fantastic transport systems of train and metro which made getting around so very cheap and easy.
You can get a metro train from the airport to city centre.

Peter, :68711_thanx: You will be pleased to know, the city's transport network continues to offer excellent value for money. Copehagen Cards can be purchased from Tourist Information Offices and are valid for up to 5 days, affording free entry to around 87 local attractions. Kronborg Castle, Elsinore (a 45-minute train ride away)... world famous for being the setting for William Shakespeare's 'Hamlet' and the nearby Maritime Museum of Denmark appealed to me, while the peaceful tranquility of the much closer Rosenborg Castle gardens were more suited to Myrna's tastes.

Have fun you both :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh we did ... and BEST of ALL, I discovered we could fit~in a short return sea crossing from Elsinore (Helsingore in Danish) to Helsingborg in Sweden, so two countries this time instead of just the one! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
19th July 2019, 04:30
So pleased your trip was a success Arthur, I'm sure you will be planning your next journey in the not too distant future:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
19th July 2019, 12:13
So pleased your trip was a success Arthur, I'm sure you will be planning your next journey in the not too distant future :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks, Michael. Our next journey? Sometimes on holiday, I wonder whether, in fact, there should be a next time. Indeed, I am tempted to think, "Ach Hame'lldaeme", because, being diabetic, I invariably seem to feel at my thirstiest whenever I'm *abroad ... :anerikke: ... *where reasonably~priced ice cold drinks are rarely readily accessible when they're most needed. :NoNo:

Terpe
19th July 2019, 13:44
Arthur, so very glad to learn that you both had a great time.
An added bonus of a short trip to Sweden also.
Sincere best regards to you and Myrna

Arthur Little
21st July 2019, 15:04
Arthur, so very glad to learn that you both had a great time.
An added bonus of a short trip to Sweden also.
Sincere best regards to you and Myrna

Thanks again ... and the same to BOTH of you. :smile:

Steve.r
22nd July 2019, 06:27
I saw some photos of your trip Arthur, glad you both had a good time

stevewool
22nd July 2019, 09:38
Glad you both enjoyed to trip, and like Steve I saw some of your pictures too.

Arthur Little
22nd July 2019, 20:25
I saw some photos of your trip Arthur, glad you both had a good time

Glad you both enjoyed to trip, and like Steve I saw some of your pictures too.

Fellas, thanks. Pleased to learn you both saw our facebook photos, courtesy of Myrna ... who, despite my earlier reservations, (see #5) is even now planning our next continental excursion. :biggrin: Question is where?

grahamw48
23rd July 2019, 01:37
Glad to hear (and see) you and Myrna had a good trip Arthur. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
23rd July 2019, 16:03
Glad to hear (and see) you and Myrna had a good trip Arthur. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes, thankyou, Graham :Jump: ... the Danish city of Elsinore's close proximity to the Swedish coastline adding to our excitement!

grahamw48
24th July 2019, 12:18
Excellent. Take care mate. :xxgrinning--00xx3: