PDA

View Full Version : Extraordinary to say the least. It's a first.

Ako Si Jamie
23rd August 2019, 23:42
Last week I popped into Poundland for a couple of things - some treats for my dog and a packet of cigarette lighters.

I arrived at the till and was served by a youngish woman. She immediately asked me for I.D. Perplexed, I asked her why.

"You need to be over 18 to buy cigarette lighters"

"I'm forty frigging eight" came my retort, amazed at how she mistook me for a teenager even though my beard was partly grey :Erm:.

I didn't have any I.D anyway and told her so. Her reply...."I'll let you off" :icon_lol:

Yep, that's the first time someone has asked me for I.D to prove that I'm over 18 for at least twenty-five years :grosyeux:.. Quite bemusing.

Arthur Little
24th August 2019, 00:34
Yep that's the first time someone has asked me for I.D to prove that I'm over 18 for at least twenty-five years :grosyeux:.. Quite bemusing.

Odd, right enough :cwm25:, but then ... :anerikke: ... look at it this way ... you should be so lucky! :icon_lol:

imagine
24th August 2019, 14:49
Last week I popped into Poundland for a couple of things - some treats for my dog and a packet of cigarette lighters.

I arrived at the till and was served by a youngish woman. She immediately asked me for I.D. Perplexed, I asked her why.

"You need to be over 18 to buy cigarette lighters"

"I'm forty frigging eight" came my retort, amazed at how she mistook me for a teenager even though my beard was partly grey :Erm:.

I didn't have any I.D anyway and told her so. Her reply...."I'll let you off" :icon_lol:

Yep, that's the first time someone has asked me for I.D to prove that I'm over 18 for at least twenty-five years :grosyeux:.. Quite bemusing.

maybe she was making a hit on you :Erm: