PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Douglas

Arthur Little
7th February 2020, 01:51
One of the [very] last icons of the silver screen has died of natural causes, aged 103 :olddude: ... that's a "commendable innings" by ANY standards!

Arthur Little
9th February 2020, 12:18
One of the [very] last icons of the silver screen has died of natural causes, aged 103 :olddude: ... that's a "commendable innings" by ANY standards!

Not a blinkin' :cwm24: cheep from ANY of our regulars ... :cwm25: ... which astonishes me!

Michael Parnham
10th February 2020, 13:51
I think he managed to get to the other end of the tunnel at an astonishing age Arthur, but I was not his biggest fan RIP.

Rory
12th February 2020, 16:11
If you have money then that helps. He would be getting checkup all the time for any illnesses.
look at the royal family, they are all living to a very good age.
Shorter people normally live longer than tall people, there is not many 6 foot plus guys in nursing homes so Prince Phillip will be getting a lot more checkups that Joe average in the street.

Dave_
12th February 2020, 16:32
If you have money then that helps.
Very interesting article in the Telegraph recently, he was a Ragman's son, born on the very lowest level of society in the most impoverished section of town.

Link: Someone like Kirk Douglas could never make it in showbiz today (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/02/08/someone-like-kirk-douglas-could-never-make-showbiz-today/amp/)