PDA

View Full Version : 5G

jonnijon
12th February 2020, 10:31
Smart have erected a 500ft 5G tower about 150 feet from my front door, so not very happy about that and possible health aspects.:cwm23::cwm23:

Dave_
12th February 2020, 15:43
Has your connection speed improved or are you with Globe?

I think the main health aspect will be psychological, it's not nice having something like that dumped on your front doorstep however from what I read you are perfectly safe.

Rory
12th February 2020, 16:01
I am not so sure about being 100% safe when i read about the radio activity that is given off.
I can remember there was a link years ago with child leukaemia and living close or just about under pylon cables that carry electricity. I know they do not build homes close to them now and a lot of the power is now underground in the UK.

jonnijon
13th February 2020, 00:44
I am with Globe. We did plan to change to PLDT Fiber, we applied in December and it is still not installed so last week I told them where to stick it :yikes:
The tower is not active yet, all the electrical is being installed and no antennas on the mast yet.

fred
13th February 2020, 13:34
I am with Globe. We did plan to change to PLDT Fiber, we applied in December and it is still not installed so last week I told them where to stick it :yikes:
The tower is not active yet, all the electrical is being installed and no antennas on the mast yet.

We are about to get a 50MBPS upgrade on one of our accounts (PLDT)... Can`t wait... Netflix on tap!!

jonnijon
13th February 2020, 22:00
We are about to get a 50MBPS upgrade on one of our accounts (PLDT)... Can`t wait... Netflix on tap!!

You might have a long wait Fred :smile::smile::smile: