PDA

View Full Version : Marikina Covid-19

Terpe
11th March 2020, 13:14
Marikina is not yet in total lockdown....but almost
At least the local supermarket remains open despite many empty shelves, few checkouts and huge queues
Life will get more difficult thats for sure
The Government still considering the lockdown levels for Metro Manila (NCR)

Good news is that San Miguel are still delivering ....whoop whoop

imagine
11th March 2020, 15:22
had news that the virus is now in Cagayan de oro, and today hear its in Malaybalay, im due around now to collect my 13a card renewal from Cagayan, but thinking they will hang on to it if i don't go collect for a while longer see how the virus goes, imigration is very cramped personal space and as far as travelers go, its bound to be full of forigners :Erm::biggrin: by the sounds of this virus, i don't think my immune system is up to fighting any more big ones, so no point me taking chances i dont need to

Arthur Little
11th March 2020, 16:00
Marikina is not yet in total lockdown....but almost
At least the local supermarket remains open despite many empty shelves, few checkouts and huge queues
Life will get more difficult thats for sure
The Government still considering the lockdown levels for Metro Manila (NCR)

Good news is that San Miguel are still delivering ....whoop whoop

Et tu? :cwm25: ... and there was me deluding myself that the Philippine Islands were among the [very] few places on the planet to remain unaffected! :NoNo:

Arthur Little
11th March 2020, 17:44
had news that the virus is now in Cagayan de oro, and today hear its in Malaybalay, im due around now to collect my 13a card renewal from Cagayan, but thinking they will hang on to it if i don't go collect for a while longer see how the virus goes, imigration is very cramped personal space and as far as travelers go, its bound to be full of forigners :Erm::biggrin:

:omg: ... it has even spread to the southern corner of Mindanao? :cwm24:

by the sounds of this virus, i don't think my immune system is up to fighting any more big ones, so no point me taking chances i dont need to

:nono-1-1: ... it makes sense for you to stay put, Stewart, so DON'T risk it.

Terpe
16th March 2020, 07:32
We are now in Total Lockdown
The past few days have been different.....Supermarkets filled with folks who piled mountains of stuff into their shopping carts. I didn't manage to enter due to community distancing regulations for Senior Citizens....
We buy most of want we need from the local Sari-Sari type stores.

Still getting deliveries of my Vitamin B from San Miguel :biggrin:

grahamw48
16th March 2020, 08:21
I'm just hiding in my jungle shack... as normal. Occasionally walking up the road to the bakery, or across it for my booze. :olddude:
As long as I can get access to my pension payments back in the UK bank, hopefully should be able to ride it out here. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

(Or catch it, and die :gost:

grahamw48
16th March 2020, 08:23
:nono-1-1: ... it makes sense for you to stay put, Stewart, so DON'T risk it.

Agree on that. Not worth the risk, for a few pesos fine, or whatever. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
16th March 2020, 13:27
Looking at the data,I reckon that this virus is not doing too good in hot tropical climates.
Cases may be rising but from what I can see thus far,most of these cases have been imported from cold climates.
We are in lock down here and as I was not planning on going anywhere for 6 months,I doubt it will effect me very much!
The Mrs bought 6 months of tin food and rice 3 weeks ago which is good as I don`t have to take her shopping for half a year..Win win.

imagine
16th March 2020, 13:40
Looking at the data,I reckon that this virus is not doing too good in hot tropical climates.
Cases may be rising but from what I can see thus far,most of these cases have been imported from cold climates.
We are in lock down here and as I was not planning on going anywhere for 6 months,I doubt it will effect me very much!
The Mrs bought 6 months of tin food and rice 3 weeks ago which is good as I don`t have to take her shopping for half a year..Win win.

hope shes not like mine, mine feeds the 5 thousand weekly, so anything extra gets given away, and if theres nothing extra , i go hungry:Erm:

and of course if theres any of my English style food they woof it off, they eat strawberry jam a shovel full at a time:yikes:

fred
16th March 2020, 14:23
Different in our house..
All our vast panic buying missions have been stored in our bedroom under lock and key.
Kids have been issued ration books..
Strict compliance will be observed or they may well starve. It`s for their own good.
The Mrs just discovered that she married an old school prepper.

imagine
17th March 2020, 11:42
Different in our house..
All our vast panic buying missions have been stored in our bedroom under lock and key.
Kids have been issued ration books..
Strict compliance will be observed or they may well starve. It`s for their own good.
The Mrs just discovered that she married an old school prepper.

That's the way to do it ,:ReadIt::xxaction-smiley-047

jonnijon
18th March 2020, 11:14
Went to G-Mall this morning, at the entrance they spray your hands and take your temperature before they let you in. Only the grocery and a few eatery were open. Inersal who normally have a queue out side the door had six customers. All the rest of the Mall was closed.

fred
18th March 2020, 13:22
Went to G-Mall this morning, at the entrance they spray your hands and take your temperature before they let you in. Only the grocery and a few eatery were open. Inersal who normally have a queue out side the door had six customers. All the rest of the Mall was closed.

In all honesty,I am totally shocked at how well this is being handled here.. I`m pretty worried about my relatives in the UK as the UK Gov. have just let things run riot there by the looks of it..I`m not surprised.
What surprises me most is how secure from this virus we feel here after all the travel bans and island lock downs..At least for now.
New ordinance here is an 8PM till 5AM curfew.. Next will be bars and restaurant closures etc.
Zero cases now here in Bohol and hopefully it stays that way.
Bit worried about an eventual bank run so withdrew a .... load of cash today and will do same 2morrow.. Cash is king here..Always was.
Keep cool..Stay safe people.

Dave_
18th March 2020, 14:00
In all honesty,I am totally shocked at how well this is being handled here.. I`m pretty worried about my relatives in the UK as the UK Gov. have just let things run riot there by the looks of it..I`m not surprised.
What surprises me most is how secure from this virus we feel here after all the travel bans and island lock downs..At least for now.
New ordinance here is an 8PM till 5AM curfew.. Next will be bars and restaurant closures etc.
Zero cases now here in Bohol and hopefully it stays that way.
Bit worried about an eventual bank run so withdrew a .... load of cash today and will do same 2morrow.. Cash is king here..Always was.
Keep cool..Stay safe people.

I agree with you about the UK, and Europe in general.
The UK seemingly allowed the situation to get out of control, what a daft idea, let everybody get it then they build up "herd immunity". :doh

fred
18th March 2020, 14:55
I agree with you about the UK, and Europe in general.
The UK seemingly allowed the situation to get out of control, what a daft idea, let everybody get it then they build up "herd immunity". :doh

Yeah..Let everyone get it and f@ck off all the new to be pensioners and old no longer productive hangers on in one hit..
Sounds about right.

jonnijon
18th March 2020, 21:34
withdrew a .... load of cash today and will do same 2morrow Lucky to have a load of cash.:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

fred
18th March 2020, 23:36
withdrew a .... load of cash today and will do same 2morrow Lucky to have a load of cash.:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

"Luck" had nothing to do with it!

Terpe
20th March 2020, 08:31
To be honest I am also puzzled about the lack of virus spread here.
The lockdown and social distancing isn't so much in evidence....we also have the 8pm - 5am curfew but....hmmm
All the checkpoints have huge crowds....deliveries of fruit and veg from Baguio are being sent away....
I hope the Govt and LGU's get a grip and agreed directive asap

Just my moan...I'm lucky still

fred
20th March 2020, 08:51
Seems like an anti Malaria drug is being used in China,the U.S and I believe France with some pretty amazing results.

Antimalarial drug confirmed effective on Covid-19

BEIJING -- Chinese experts, based on the result of clinical trials, have confirmed that Chloroquine Phosphate, an antimalarial drug, has a certain curative effect on the coronavirus disease (Covid-19), a Chinese official said here Monday.

The experts have "unanimously" suggested the drug be included in the next version of the treatment guidelines and applied in wider clinical trials as soon as possible, Sun Yanrong, deputy head of the China National Center for Biotechnology Development under the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), said at a press conference.

Chloroquine Phosphate, which has been used for more than 70 years, was selected from tens of thousands of existing drugs after multiple rounds of screening, Sun said.

According to her, the drug has been under clinical trials in over 10 hospitals in Beijing, as well as in south China's Guangdong Province and central China's Hunan Province, and has shown fairly good efficacy.

In the trials, the groups of patients who had taken the drug have shown better indicators than their parallel groups, in statement of fever, improvement of CT images of lungs, the percentage of patients who became negative in viral nucleic acid tests and the time they need to do so, she said.

Patients taking the drug also take a shorter time to recover, she added.

Sun gave an example of a 54-year-old patient in Beijing, who was admitted to hospital four days after showing symptoms. After taking the drug for a week, he saw all indicators improve and the nucleic acid turn negative.

So far, no obvious serious adverse reactions related to the drug have been found among the over 100 patients enrolled in the clinical trials, she said.

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1094088

fred
20th March 2020, 08:56
I had to go to the Honda outlet today to buy a 6.5 KVA generator.. These things cost about 85,000 Peso.
Unfortunately I could not purchase it because the guard would not let me in without a mask!:doh

Terpe
21st March 2020, 09:15
On a positive note it has been reported on TV news that the crime rate in Metro Manila is down by 70%

Terpe
21st March 2020, 09:21
We went to the local supermarket this morning....it was much better organised than before.
The secrity guards only the same number of shoppers inside as the customers leaving....
Not too long a queue outside and at least out of the sun....most folks behaving and following social distancing.
Always some who refuse but soon got handled by the local police hehehe

jonnijon
21st March 2020, 22:09
Curfew here in Tagum, 9pm to 5am nice and peaceful :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
23rd March 2020, 12:26
Our curfew is 8pm to 6am...

Terpe
23rd March 2020, 12:27
I just heard on the news they are now talking about a liquor ban :omg:
Time to stock up IMO :biggrin:

fred
23rd March 2020, 14:06

Yes.. This is where panic really sets in with me.
Time to raid the shelves like they have gone out of fashion!

imagine
23rd March 2020, 14:12

OMG then it must be serious:biggrin:

jonnijon
23rd March 2020, 22:43
Jungle juice brewers will be busy.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
23rd March 2020, 22:50
Jungle juice brewers will be busy.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Im gonna make 50 gallon of Ginger beer..About to raid the shelves for Ginger..Sugar..Yeast. BEFORE IT`S TOO LATE.

Scouse
24th March 2020, 04:16
One case in Iloilo now but is someone who had returned from overseas.

We feel quite safe here about 50km away but have home quarantine and need a pass which is only valid for one person to go shopping. Have to wear a mask and limited numbers allowed in market after having temperature checked. They are alos limiting the number of trikes/motor bike PUV's but drawing by lot to see who can continue to pick up passengers. Check points wverywhere inclusing on barangay boundaries. Don't have own transport yet but fortunately we bought brother-in-law a trike a couple of years ago so he is more than happy to pick my wife up when we need heavy stuff like drinking water and beer.

Things could be much worse, we haven't bought more than usual but our freezer is full and better half a great baker so always have bread and cakes about.

Decent TV package, all my music, dvds and hi-fi from UK and small pool to keep us occupied.

Terpe
24th March 2020, 05:57
All our Tricycles and Jeeps were stopped last week.
The Mayor has organised free transport for all health workers.
The local police who roam around in their multi seat open air vans will always pick you up and take you home if you need too....

grahamw48
27th March 2020, 12:21
We're on full lockdown now...out here in the Pangasinan jungle.

8pm-5am curfew.

No public transport....including trikes.

Liquor ban.

Usual one per household shopping arrangements, etc.

Hasn't really bothered me so far. Busy with DIY.

Fruit and veggies coming on in the garden. Some good meat in the freezer.

A few bottles of booze in stock.

Young sexy wife trying to seduce me every night. :cwm24:

imagine
27th March 2020, 12:35
We're on full lockdown now...out here in the Pangasinan jungle.

8pm-5am curfew.

No public transport....including trikes.

Liquor ban.

Usual one per household shopping arrangements, etc.

Hasn't really bothered me so far. Busy with DIY.

Fruit and veggies coming on in the garden. Some good meat in the freezer.

A few bottles of booze in stock.

Young sexy wife trying to seduce me every night. :cwm24:

sorry to hear you got it so tough :biggrin:

after quarentine we are now in Lock down here, need a home pass for 1 family member to go out, i have not been allowed out for over a week now (senior citizen) its nice quiet and peaceful around here, mrs happy i bought her 1 sack of brown rice , and iv got plenty to do working on the pads:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jonnijon
27th March 2020, 14:02
Tried to call Prudential to find out why one of my pensions has not been paid, answer phone says due to the virus call back next week sometime. That pension is used to pay utility bills.:cwm23::cwm23:

grahamw48
28th March 2020, 02:18
sorry to hear you got it so tough :biggrin:

after quarentine we are now in Lock down here, need a home pass for 1 family member to go out, i have not been allowed out for over a week now (senior citizen) its nice quiet and peaceful around here, mrs happy i bought her 1 sack of brown rice , and iv got plenty to do working on the pads:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hehe...yep, another OAP struggling on here mate. :olddude::biggrin: Take care...you and yours. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I've got a load of these to eat now...plucked from the plant outside my bedroom window. :smile:

grahamw48
28th March 2020, 02:20
Tried to call Prudential to find out why one of my pensions has not been paid, answer phone says due to the virus call back next week sometime. That pension is used to pay utility bills.:cwm23::cwm23:

That is well out of order mate.

We have computers and automated electronic transfers now. No excuse ! :NoNo:

fred
28th March 2020, 12:25

Our utility providers have given a 30 day bill payment extension.. Yours probably has too.

jonnijon
28th March 2020, 13:16
State pension will be late too, my payday is 10th April thats good friday so will not get that till the following week. Oh look just found half bottle of rum.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
28th March 2020, 16:18
I think Easter has been suspended this year... so can cross that one off your list. :cwm25:

https://youtu.be/SJUhlRoBL8M

Michael Parnham
29th March 2020, 06:34
That is well out of order mate.

We have computers and automated electronic transfers now. No excuse ! :NoNo:

State pension and Pru arrive at correct time in UK, if it's supposed to be good Friday we get it on the Thursday and at weekend if Sat receive on Friday if Sunday receive Monday.

jonnijon
29th March 2020, 06:43
Might well in the UK, does not happen here in the Philippines. DWP use Citibank and they hold for 10 days under money laundering laws.

Michael Parnham
30th March 2020, 07:06
Might well in the UK, does not happen here in the Philippines. DWP use Citibank and they hold for 10 days under money laundering laws.

Ah, I understand now.

jonnijon
2nd April 2020, 00:37
They just extended the lock down here in Tagum until 19 April.I will be climbing the walls by then.:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Scouse
7th April 2020, 13:31

Leave it in the UK and use Transferwise to send to Philippines bank, quick and cheap, I've had money arrive within minutes.

fred
7th April 2020, 15:52
They just extended the lock down here in Tagum until 19 April.I will be climbing the walls by then.:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

They just extended ours till May 4 !!!
Ive got 5 more days till my 10 Gallons Ginger beer is brewed..Every cloud..

jonnijon
7th April 2020, 22:41
Leave it in the UK and use Transferwise to send to Philippines bank, quick and cheap, I've had money arrive within minutes.

No UK address so you cannot have UK account.

jonnijon
7th April 2020, 22:43
They just extended ours till May 4 !!!
Ive got 5 more days till my 10 Gallons Ginger beer is brewed..Every cloud..

Just changed ours to 6pm to 6am. until end April.

Scouse
8th April 2020, 03:48
No UK address so you cannot have UK account.

I still have my UK account and credit card, no problem.

grahamw48
10th April 2020, 15:23
I still have my UK account and credit card, no problem.

Yeah... if they close mine, how do they think the (bank) credit card is going to get paid ? :icon_lol:

Terpe
13th April 2020, 07:30
So far I still have my UK bank account. They know where I live and they know I don't have a UK phone number.
I have no UK credit card
I do have a BDO credit card which I use regularly for 0% interest purchases with Installment payments always 0% interest.....I like my Philippine credit card a lot :Jump:

Terpe
13th April 2020, 07:33
I've started having issues with my usual remittance routes. Many of the cash-pick points I use are no longer available via Worldremit.
Also last time I used Worldremit I waited over 2 days for them to process...I'm currently looking for short term solutions in case our lockdown continues beyond Aprl 30

Harry T
13th April 2020, 07:43
I've started having issues with my usual remittance routes. Many of the cash-pick points I use are no longer available via Worldremit.
Also last time I used Worldremit I waited over 2 days for them to process...I'm currently looking for short term solutions in case our lockdown continues beyond Aprl 30

I use Transferwise to send money over to the Philippines, I dont know if this is what you are looking for Peter, I did try to open an account with Worldremit some years ago but they refused my application, cant remember the reason now.. but hey its there loss..

Michael Parnham
13th April 2020, 08:18
My PNB remittances are still ok at the moment, only a few hours as usual. Don't know if anything will change in the near future, hope not:Erm:

Terpe
13th April 2020, 08:25
I can only use cash pick at the moment as all banks within walking distance are outside of my quarantine area....

SimonH
13th April 2020, 09:27
I've been using https://azimo.com/en/ngk/auth/sign-in?userLang=en&viewName=DASHBOARD&utm_source=Braze&utm_medium=email_transactional&_branch_match_id=778161043485379500 to transfer money recently.

Can be collected from any BDO bank but as they're closed at the moment you can collect from Palawan or Mlhuillier

Terpe
14th April 2020, 09:29
Hello Simon,
Thanks for the info. As said I have no collection point for cash pick up within reasonable walking distance.
I've been told there is a Palawan open in Katipunan which would be open. About an hour to walk, but outside our Barangay.
I'm considering opening a bank account with PSbank and making bank-to-bank transfer. I'll need to talk with them and explore the possibilities.

Terpe
14th April 2020, 09:35
I sometimes used LBC but they're also closed.
Besides which, more often than not they didn't have enough money for me

SimonH
14th April 2020, 11:01
Hello Simon,
Thanks for the info. As said I have no collection point for cash pick up within reasonable walking distance.
I've been told there is a Palawan open in Katipunan which would be open. About an hour to walk, but outside our Barangay.
I'm considering opening a bank account with PSbank and making bank-to-bank transfer. I'll need to talk with them and explore the possibilities.

Maybe this will help?

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=m+lhuillier+marikina&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=14641712,121108766,1789&tbm=lcl&ved=2ahUKEwiNhISU1OfoAhUDi1wKHYKiBYsQtgN6BAgLEAQ&tbs=lrf:!1m4!1u3!2m2!3m1!1e1!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:4&rldoc=1#rlfi=hd:;si:;mv:[[14.688646564540484,121.17529890460506],[14.603445758303577,121.029043411441],null,[14.646050300264307,121.10217115802303],13]

grahamw48
16th April 2020, 15:13
I dumped Worldremit (after about 3 years) and now also use Azimo....and collect at MHHuillier, or other remittance collection agency.

I stopped using Worldremit after they no longer had the facility of sending money (directly) through one's UK bank account. They were a lot quicker, but Azimo (similar to Transferwise), though taking maybe 12 hours, does still allow me to pay straight out of my UK bank current account. So far, so good with them.... and they are cheap too...and certainly a lot cheaper than using my UK ATM card here. (p250 per withdrawal) .

jonnijon
25th April 2020, 01:45
Lock down extended to May 15th :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::Brick::Brick::Brick::peepwall::peepwall::xxmixed-smiley-017:

jonnijon
8th July 2020, 00:12
Still in lock down for all 60 and over here in Tagum, four months now and really p****d off. Age checked at Mall and big stores so cannot get in.:cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:

fred
8th July 2020, 13:42
I forgot my pass the other day and as I approached the checkpoint I was desperately looking for something the same size as my pass.. Found a beer mat on the dash board.. Held it up and the daft twots waved me through!!
Nice.

jonnijon
8th July 2020, 22:24
I forgot my pass the other day and as I approached the checkpoint I was desperately looking for something the same size as my pass.. Found a beer mat on the dash board.. Held it up and the daft twots waved me through!!
Nice.

:Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm::Erm::laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher:

jonnijon
8th July 2020, 22:40
Had no problem going to the dentist the other day for extractions:yikes::yikes: All safety precautions in place, temperature, blood pressure, sterile hat and gown. All went well until the last tooth, would it come out? No heaving and levering the dam thing would not move. Mmmmm said the dentist, I will have to hammer now :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:. After about the tenth blow with the hammer the dammed thing came out, so now I am sporting a black eye and a very sore head.:icon_lol::icon_lol:

grahamw48
14th July 2020, 14:35
That sounds horrific ! :yikes:

Terpe
10th August 2020, 06:35
Still in lock down for all 60 and over here in Tagum, four months now and really p****d off. Age checked at Mall and big stores so cannot get in.:cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:

Same here my friend......plus now a liquor ban....luckily I stocked up the day before....sadly only 2 bottles beer remain :bigcry:

Terpe
10th August 2020, 06:37
Had no problem going to the dentist the other day for extractions:yikes::yikes: All safety precautions in place, temperature, blood pressure, sterile hat and gown. All went well until the last tooth, would it come out? No heaving and levering the dam thing would not move. Mmmmm said the dentist, I will have to hammer now :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:. After about the tenth blow with the hammer the dammed thing came out, so now I am sporting a black eye and a very sore head.:icon_lol::icon_lol:

:yikes:

Hope you've fully recovered now....

Slip
10th August 2020, 09:27

Remember years ago my dentist took one of my wisdom teeth out, she was quite literally on the chair with me to get leverage.. she said that probably hurt me more than it did you.

She made a hospital appointment to get rid of the others that needed extracting :biggrin:

Scouse
10th August 2020, 12:37
Not too bad here in Iloilo province. A few barangays under total lock down but generally under MGCQ.

Only time I go out is to use the ATM, We have been to Iloilo City a couple of times but only for administrative things like renewing my wife's passport and applying for my residence visa.

BI in Iloilo not too bad, staff are friendly and good social distancing.

fred
11th August 2020, 01:19
The interior minister here now advises everyone should wear masks at home.
This is like living inside the Muppet show!:biggrin:

grahamw48
11th August 2020, 06:33
The interior minister here now advises everyone should wear masks at home.
This is like living inside the Muppet show!:biggrin:

Saw that.

What an imbecile. :NoNo:

jonnijon
11th August 2020, 13:18
Same here my friend......plus now a liquor ban....luckily I stocked up the day before....sadly only 2 bottles beer remain :bigcry:

No booze ban here thank god. Just the boredom of being stuck in the house.

jonnijon
11th August 2020, 13:20
:yikes:

Hope you've fully recovered now....

Just waiting for the gums to heal properly so as new teeth can be added to dentures.