PDA

View Full Version : Do They Need A 72 Units Course Before U Get Job In UK For caregiver Courser?

misscarie
16th January 2008, 14:42
Hey guys ,

i heard that some other country require you to have a 72 units course b4 you get job? i am a caregiver students (graduating soon) and i just finnished my duty's in two different places ... my first duty was in hospital and then the second one was in Medical Center (ST.Camillus Medhaven) it is a Home For The Agent ... , oh , btw , i need to undergo for RedCross Training and lastly to take an exam (T E S D A)

Now my question is ... do they need a 72 units course to get job in UK? or alteast any course that u done as long as more than 72 units?... i'm just curious about it ... any one can help?

thank you :)

KeithD
16th January 2008, 14:44
I just posted elsewhere about this, Phil qualifications for caregivers are useless in the UK, you have to re-train to NVQ level.

KeithD
16th January 2008, 14:49
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=6241

misscarie
16th January 2008, 14:59
oh , thankx boss for sending the link again ... i didnt see it :doh ... it is clear now ...

joebloggs
17th January 2008, 11:43
if you want to come to the uk on a work type visa ..

its 75 points for hsmp !!!

and 50 points for a work permit .

http://www.tier12345.co.uk/tier2.html

katie37pinayuk
21st January 2008, 04:44
Hey guys ,

i heard that some other country require you to have a 72 units course b4 you get job? i am a caregiver students (graduating soon) and i just finnished my duty's in two different places ... my first duty was in hospital and then the second one was in Medical Center (ST.Camillus Medhaven) it is a Home For The Agent ... , oh , btw , i need to undergo for RedCross Training and lastly to take an exam (T E S D A)

Now my question is ... do they need a 72 units course to get job in UK? or alteast any course that u done as long as more than 72 units?... i'm just curious about it ... any one can help?

thank you :)

i hope you wont mind me asking if you have got other qualification. i came to uk on a working visa as a senior carer (your caregiver training course if for canada and NVQ training if for uk) although i did not have any NVQ qualification. and when i had the chance, with the help of my employer-sponsor, i was enrolled in NVQ and now works for the 2nd largest care service provider as a unit manager. as far as i know now, there are institution in the Philippines now offerring NVQ courses or you might just want to have the training here and the college will give you work placement.