PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm Rae

ms rae
16th January 2008, 19:34
Hi I'm Rae.

I'm in the Phils right now but I am planning to go to London soon. To work and eventually live there.

I've had the impression that I won't be having it easy - it would be a challenge to go there, especially for a Filipina. But I am willing to go through the hardship for a better life. :)

I chose the UK because I like the culture of the people there and I think I will blend well with them. I am an environmentally conscious person and that is one trait of the people in UK(or their country in general) that I liked. Plus I think they are a very practical nation, when it comes to everyday living.

I actually have so many questions swimming in my mind right now so I don't know which one to ask in particular. :D I guess it would be wise to check around first to see if anybody had posted similar questions to the ones I have...

For now, all I wanna say is I'm happy to have found this forum. :)

gracia143
16th January 2008, 19:47
Welcome Rae...if you're a Nurse by profession I think you won't have a hard time getting yourself here but I heard from my Nurses friends that the government is cutting back on the Nursing Work Force. So even if you are a Nurse that doesn't really guarantee much nowadays. But stay on the forum and fireaway your questions, people on here might be able to help. Welcome once again!

winner
16th January 2008, 20:10
hi rae welcome london is like manila to day fast and many difference nationality live there you fit in ok when are you planning to come to the uk

ms rae
16th January 2008, 20:16
Thanks for the warm welcome gracia143!

No, I am not a nurse. :) But I've checked out a lot of UK job sites and I've seen a lot of jobs that I think would fit me. I'm more towards environmental work actually. :D

ms rae
16th January 2008, 20:20
hi rae welcome london is like manila to day fast and many difference nationality live there you fit in ok when are you planning to come to the uk

Hi Winner. Thanks.

I'm still saving up for it so I'm not sure. But like the age old saying goes, "If there is a will, there is a way". So if all goes according to plan, before the end of this year. :D

rosstrtco
16th January 2008, 21:05
hi, and welcome to the site, a better life ? for me a better ife would be in philippines with my gf, you wanna swap places?

Tiggers0608
16th January 2008, 21:55
Hi rae good luck and welcome to the forum

ms rae
16th January 2008, 23:01
Thanks Tiggers 0608. :)

hi, and welcome to the site, a better life ? for me a better ife would be in philippines with my gf, you wanna swap places?

:D Sure!

Just curious. Then why don't ya? I mean, go here and be with your gf?

rosstrtco
16th January 2008, 23:34
Thanks Tiggers 0608. :)

:D Sure!

Just curious. Then why don't ya? I mean, go here and be with your gf?

i hope to, i wanna renovate my house first it will take time and money, once i have that sorted we will think about were to live, me and my gf both like thailand but i would like to try out the philippines, i,ve been there 4 or 5 times but never gone further than makati realy, i work hard and all i do is chill when i get there i must look around more next time. :blacklistlazy:

tiger@tigress
16th January 2008, 23:37
Welcome Rae

jimcarie
16th January 2008, 23:42
welcome rea:Hellooo: good luck in london :xxgrinning--00xx3:

nigel
17th January 2008, 00:25
Yep!:rolleyes: I sometimes think that..:ARsurrender:

mach
17th January 2008, 08:02
welcome rae :Hellooo:

Mrs.JMajor
17th January 2008, 12:04

hehehe i like your sense of humour,makes me laugh :icon_lol::cwm12::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
17th January 2008, 12:10
Welcome rae,:Hellooo:

may the lord grant your wish,keep praying and i am wishing u good luck and god bless always.............................................................................:Erm:
brrrr trying to find icon for ..like good luck
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
17th January 2008, 13:44
hi Rae, welcome to the forum...:)

Pepe n Pilar
17th January 2008, 14:13
Hi Rae,
welcome to the friendly and informative forum:)

KeithD
17th January 2008, 14:22
No, I am not a nurse. :) But I've checked out a lot of UK job sites and I've seen a lot of jobs that I think would fit me. I'm more towards environmental work actually. :D

Very little chance of getting a job in the UK now, we have to employ only from Europe now. It's tough getting in the US, but it would be much easier than the UK.

Only way to ensure you get in the UK these days is to marry an English guy in the Phil, and move to the UK. But we do not recommend that approach just to get a job.

ms rae
17th January 2008, 14:24
Thanks so much everyone! You're all so nice. :)

kimmi
17th January 2008, 14:27
Only way to ensure you get in the UK these days is to marry an English guy in the Phil, and move to the UK. But we do not recommend that approach just to get a job.

:omg::omg::Erm::NoNo::Help1:

ms rae
17th January 2008, 14:38
Very little chance of getting a job in the UK now, we have to employ only from Europe now. It's tough getting in the US, but it would be much easier than the UK.

Yeah, I did read about that. It's a bit disheartening. But I believe in fate. If I'm really meant to go there, an opportunity will arise for me no matter what. :)

joebloggs
17th January 2008, 14:48
only ways really are thru Hsmp or a workpermit.

hsmp you need at least a degree, be young - under 30 , better 24 or 25 yrs old, and to have had a job thats paid well, as you need to get 75 points min.

or workpermit, unless your job is on a gov job shortage list, or you can find an employer who cannot find a euro skilled enough to do the job, sorry you have little chance :cwm24:

but you don't get if you don't try :doh

good luck thou.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Marwin08
17th January 2008, 15:32
Joe may i ask u what is this hsmp ur talking to. Im an accountancy graduate and age below 30 hehehe. Is there a chance for me to apply a workpermit to UK. Im here in Israel.

joebloggs
17th January 2008, 16:52
hsmp - highly skilled migrant program - you can apply to work in the UK without a job offer, but its a bit tough, you need 75 points

see here.. http://www.tier12345.co.uk/tier1.html
hsmp calculator http://www.hsmp.uk.com/

but if not maybe you could try a workpermit .. http://www.tier12345.co.uk/tier2.html

if not then would be really difficult to work in the uk :cwm24:

KeithD
17th January 2008, 16:52
Nope.

mhynne
17th January 2008, 16:56
welcome to the forum rae
may i know what kind of visa are you planning to apply for? ive spoken to many people in manila who are trying to get a student visa and work part time.. ive heard consultancy firms in manila charge 500,000 pesos!

ms rae
17th January 2008, 22:19
Hi mhynne. Thanks.

I'm currently looking into 3 types of visas that, I think, I may qualify for. Which are:

1. UK Working Holiday Visa
2. HSMP - Highly Skilled Migrant Program
3. Sponsorship by a UK Employer

(I dunno where the student visa falls under the three - maybe it's another type of visa? Anyway, I plan to look into that too)

As of now, I'm not really sure how many types of visas there are because I've only just started studying them - so for now, those are the ones I know...

I'm not sure what you mean by "consultancy firms" (do you mean agencies? or those that give immigration advice?) I haven't heard about it... Woah, but that's a lot of money they're asking for there! :cwm24:

winner
17th January 2008, 22:58
hi rae how you doing uk working holiday visa no way hsmp visa no way sponsorship visa no way and has for student visa you must show that you been accepted on a coures a pubicly funded institutes of further or higher educatin you have pay for all this and show that you are follow a full time degree course at least 15 hours aweek you must also be able to pay for your coure and suppot and accomodate yourself with out working or help from pubic funds

mhynne
18th January 2008, 07:27
yeah student visa is another type..
consultancy firms yes.. ive heard they use the NVQ program..

Pepe n Pilar
18th January 2008, 08:59
Consulancy firms in Manila charge in accordance to what country you will be going and to what kind of visa it is. I've heard of one who charges P300K for a student visa but will be converted into work. In another country another Consultancy firm charges P150K for a visit visa then to be converted to work visa. They will still undergo training and should learn the kind of job they will be assigned into which is a min of 3 months before the work visa.

joebloggs
18th January 2008, 12:01
quote from

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7190348.stm

"The government has already said unskilled workers from outside the EU will be banned from seeking work in the UK for the "foreseeable future". " :NoNo:

and it looks like the gov don't know what it's doing with its new immigration plans :icon_lol: