PDA

View Full Version : life certificate

jonnijon
29th May 2020, 09:56
Life certificate from DWP sent to me in February, just arrived today :yikes::yikes:So on the phone to DWP. No problem sir due to corona virus you can do this over the phone:Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:Saved me twenty odd quid in courier fees. So why the hell can they not do this every time? It would be too easy I suppose.

Michael Parnham
29th May 2020, 15:42
Sorry, but what is a life certificate?

jonnijon
29th May 2020, 22:58
When you are over the hill, and live abroad DWP send a life certificate every so often that you fill in and return. That is supposed to prove you are still alive, and means they have to keep paying your pension.

Michael Parnham
1st June 2020, 10:57
When you are over the hill, and live abroad DWP send a life certificate every so often that you fill in and return. That is supposed to prove you are still alive, and means they have to keep paying your pension.

Thank you for the info, much appreciated:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
2nd June 2020, 14:06

So far I have never received one...
Hope it stays that way

jonnijon
2nd June 2020, 22:34
This was my second one in eight years. So I am told these are churned out by computer, so anything can happen :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

grahamw48
4th June 2020, 05:41
I THINK they have my address here. :Erm:

Can't we just phone them up, and say "hey...I'm still alive !" , every so often ? :anerikke:

Will have been less than 2 years since I was on the phone to them from here anyway, when TRYING to get my pension paid straight into the bank here. (Which they arranged...just bank here screwed up) . So they know I was alive then.

jonnijon
5th June 2020, 02:59
They are only doing the phone verification because of corona virus, it was so simple seven or eight mins and was sorted. Computer spews them out so even they do not know when you will get one. Why they do not do it by phone all the time I just dont know, time and money it would save DWP and money it would save us as I have always sent the form back by courier as the post cannot be trusted here, that cost £20 odd quid.

grahamw48
5th June 2020, 09:54
Sounds pretty haphazard.

Pathetic really...considering the power of the internet that COULD be harnessed.

Just do a quick Skype or FB video call... with your passport in your hand, showing the picture. doh !

Helloooo ! I'm alive ! :Hellooo:

jonnijon
12th May 2021, 12:42
Just got off the phone to DWP and they tell me life certificates are suspended at the present time due to covid.

grahamw48
13th May 2021, 09:29
Ah... good to know.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'd already called them earlier this year, just to confirm I AM still alive. lol

The guy was good and friendly and said AOK... noted in the records.

Also, I actually received a LETTER here at my shack, from DWP, a few weeks ago :omg:... detailing my 'pay rise' from April.