PDA

View Full Version : Covid-19 vaccination

joebloggs
2nd January 2021, 12:18
Well My wife yesterday has just had her first Covid-19 vaccination, she's a priority because she's works in A&E

it will be a while I think before I get the call for the jab because of my :olddude:

where I work, there are about 50 of us, there are about 5 who claim they have caught covid since March last year. But who really knows if people have or haven't :cwm25:

The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was the first jab approved in the UK, and 944,539 people have had their first jab.

mass testing of school kids will start very soon in the UK

Keep safe and hopefully with the vaccines now being used the tide will turn :smile:

raynaputi
2nd January 2021, 14:01
Hey joe!

Great hearing from you again. :Hellooo:

Keith's aunt and uncle had their vaccines before Christmas I think. They have health issues so were given a priority. Keith and his parents are still waiting for the GPs go ahead for them. As for me, it might be by July. :yawn:

Hope you and your family are doing well. :smileybigtmouth:

joebloggs
2nd January 2021, 15:58
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Thanks Rayna. Yes all ok and virus free upto now :smile:

jonnijon
2nd January 2021, 22:25
Think it will be a long time before we get jabs in the Philippines.

fred
2nd January 2021, 23:17
Think it will be a long time before we get jabs in the Philippines.

Thats a good thing Jonnijon..
My family and I will avoid it for as long as possible at all cost.

There may come a time when we have no choice but to submit.:NoNo:

Dave_
3rd January 2021, 15:38
I am hoping that I can get my jab in the UK by about April, that will be twelve months without any travel.

I suspect it will be 2022 before the Philippines starts to re-open again.
A long time apart...

Rory
5th January 2021, 13:59
I have no plans to take the vaccine jab. I had covid back in May with minor symptoms. Headache, a couple of days with no energy and then a cough for a week and i am mid 50's and fit for my age.
I will wait for as long as possible before i take any vaccine.

Slip
6th January 2021, 19:54
Too late for me. Just found out I am positive despite not having COVID symptoms. I just have flu like symptoms which 111 told me I didn’t need to get a Covid test. 3 days later I did and now self isolating for 10 days

Dave_
6th January 2021, 23:45
I have no plans to take the vaccine jab. I had covid back in May with minor symptoms. Headache, a couple of days with no energy and then a cough for a week and I am mid 50's and fit for my age.
I will wait for as long as possible before I take any vaccine.
Not certain whether you will have acquired immunity after your earlier infection, and if any acquired immunity will apply to new variants of the virus.
There are so many questions still unanswered.

Dave_
6th January 2021, 23:54
The British :unitedkingdom: AstraZeneca vaccine is heading to Manilla,
I thought that Chinese and Russian vaccines were at the front of the queue.

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, January 6) —

Quezon City has sealed a deal with British drugmaker AstraZeneca for 750,000 doses of its COVID-19 jab, Mayor Joy Belmonte said Wednesday, in what is the first known supply agreement secured by a local government.
https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2021/1/6/Quezon-City-AstraZeneca-coronavirus-vaccine-deal.html

Arthur Little
7th January 2021, 01:40
Too late for me. Just found out I am positive despite not having COVID symptoms. I just have flu like symptoms which 111 told me I didn’t need to get a Covid test.

3 days later I did and now self isolating for 10 days

:cwm24: ... sorry to read that ^ and wish you a speedy recovery!

Michael Parnham
7th January 2021, 09:50
Yes speedy recovery Slip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
7th January 2021, 14:51
Too late for me. Just found out I am positive despite not having COVID symptoms. I just have flu like symptoms which 111 told me I didn’t need to get a Covid test. 3 days later I did and now self isolating for 10 days

speedy isolation Slip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
7th January 2021, 15:59
Cheers guys. Think so far I am lucky with my symptoms and just feeling like I have the flu. Although today I am feeling the worst I have since Sunday. Can’t even eat as my food isn’t staying down. Hopefully this is the worst of it!

grahamw48
10th January 2021, 02:25
Cheers guys. Think so far I am lucky with my symptoms and just feeling like I have the flu. Although today I am feeling the worst I have since Sunday. Can’t even eat as my food isn’t staying down. Hopefully this is the worst of it!

Oh dear. Hang on in there mate. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
16th January 2021, 09:14
Think I am just over the worse of it. Still struggling to keep food down and have lost almost 6kg in weight in 10 days. I don’t even recognise my face in the mirror now!
Taking some anti sickness tablets a good friend of my wife’s gave to me which is helping a fair bit.
Biggest thing is I can sit down for hours and feel ok, but as soon as I move around the house I start coughing and getting out of breath. I feel like a 80 a day smoker and I haven’t smoked for god knows how long!

Michael Parnham
18th January 2021, 08:39
Thanks for the update Slip and take care, hope you recover very soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
18th January 2021, 08:42
Had my first vaccine on the 10th Jan, no side effects at all at the moment. I was told I may get my second dose in about six weeks :wink:

Arthur Little
4th February 2021, 15:27
Had my first vaccine on the 10th Jan, no side effects at all at the moment.

Been a bit slower up here in Scotland for people of our age group, Michael ... but pleased to say I've an appointment booked to have mine a week today - next Thursday forenoon - all being well. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
4th February 2021, 16:06
I was told I may get my second dose in about six weeks :wink:

Ah ... :anerikke: ... too far ahead, as yet, to guage the number of weeks that are likely to elapse between the first and second doses for us!

Michael Parnham
5th February 2021, 07:22
Good luck with that Arthur, looking forward to my second dose.

fred
5th February 2021, 10:58
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Warns: Don’t Take a Covid-19 Vaccine Under Any Circumstances (https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/12/no_author/robert-f-kennedy-jr-warns-dont-take-a-covid-19-vaccine-under-any-circumstances/)

If you are even just considering getting vaccinated for the Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19), Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has a message (https://strangesounds.org/2020/12/kennedy-avoid-corona-vaccine-at-all-costs.html) for you: don’t do it!
The nephew of former president John F. Kennedy recently issued a public statement urging people everywhere to avoid the COVID-19 jab at all costs because it contains an untested new technology known as mRNA, the long-term side effects of which are completely unknown.
mRNA directly alters the genetic material of those who receive it, much like what happens when “scientists” genetically engineer (GMO) food crops like soybeans or corn to make them resistant to bugs or drought.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/12/no_author/robert-f-kennedy-jr-warns-dont-take-a-covid-19-vaccine-under-any-circumstances/

We will avoid this so called vaccine for as long as possible in order to observe the situation for a year or two.
See how it goes.. I think that's a sensible option given there are zero cases on our little paradise island.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
5th February 2021, 13:37
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Warns: Don’t Take a Covid-19 Vaccine Under Any Circumstances (https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/12/no_author/robert-f-kennedy-jr-warns-dont-take-a-covid-19-vaccine-under-any-circumstances/)

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/12/no_author/robert-f-kennedy-jr-warns-dont-take-a-covid-19-vaccine-under-any-circumstances/

Unfortunately, :icon_rolleyes: ... the Kennedy clan wasn't exactly renowned for keeping its members in the land of the living, one way or t'other. :NoNo:

We will avoid this so called vaccine for as long as possible in order to observe the situation for a year or two.
See how it goes.. I think that's a sensible option given there are zero cases on our little paradise island. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:olddude: ... 'twould be sheer folly NOT to take advantage of this lifeline as soon as it's offered on your island paradise, in my opinion, :cwm25: ... but, there again, :yeahthat:s your prerogative.

fred
5th February 2021, 15:42
It`s just how farmers herd up, guide and direct an entire herd through a toxic laced Sheep dip.
I bet the BBC doesn't provide the type of information below.

DR ANDREW WAKEFIELD: THIS IS NOT A VACCINE IT IS AN IRREVERSIBLE GENETIC MODIFICATION - PLEASE SHARE
https://www.bitchute.com/video/eastUGIO7EgY/?fbclid=IwAR12sKoslDEXQGFuVq_Zq4EHgz1wuaLkLWylM2XHhOvELoXzfV8xXAei2bc

People who have not accepted vaccination offers could get knocks on the door from council staff in an attempt to convince sceptics “home by home”, the vaccines minister has suggested.

Wtf!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/nadhim-zahawi-coronavirus-vaccine-refuseniks-face-visit-from-the-persuaders-p3stfkfh0

imagine
8th February 2021, 12:32
someone came round from the barangay office the other day taking names and id of senior citizens the form asked if i want the vaccine , i said i dont know cos i hear philippines is getting the most unreliable vaccine, so it was sujested to leave that question blank

Michael Parnham
8th February 2021, 12:49
Stewart , the astra zenica and moderna available in Philippines, ask if you have a choice also according to BBC the chinese and russian ones are ok the resistance is above 65% according to WHO. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
8th February 2021, 17:32
someone came round from the barangay office the other day taking names and id of senior citizens the form asked if i want the vaccine , i said i dont know cos i hear philippines is getting the most unreliable vaccine, so it was sujested to leave that question blank

I believe most LGUs have availed the Astra Zeneca vaccine. Here's the current list of the LGUs with signed deals with the vaccines.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/list-local-government-units-rolling-out-plans-free-covid-19-vaccines

Dave_
9th February 2021, 00:28
Someone came round from the barangay office the other day taking names and id of senior citizens the form asked if I want the vaccine, I said I don't know cos I hear the Philippines is getting the most unreliable vaccine, so it was suggested to leave that question blank

Told that "front-liners" in Tacloban are being offered the vaccine, but they are unhappy that it might be the Chinese version.

My response: Become a "front-liner".

fred
9th February 2021, 01:37
https://evilspeculator.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/run_forest_run.jpeg

imagine
9th February 2021, 13:15
Told that "front-liners" in Tacloban are being offered the vaccine, but they are unhappy that it might be the Chinese version.

My response: Become a "front-liner".

the one who came to me also wasnt happy and didnt know what to think herself

imagine
9th February 2021, 16:21
Stewart , the astra zenica and moderna available in Philippines, ask if you have a choice also according to BBC the chinese and russian ones are ok the resistance is above 65% according to WHO. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
9th February 2021, 16:30
I believe most LGUs have availed the Astra Zeneca vaccine. Here's the current list of the LGUs with signed deals with the vaccines.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/list-local-government-units-rolling-out-plans-free-covid-19-vaccines

thanks for that, nearest to me i see is Cagayan de oro, but it gives a good indication of which the likely vaccine might be here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
19th February 2021, 13:08
UK remains confident in continuing its use of ALL covid antidotes available, while South Africa pauses its Astra Zeneca roll~out.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/uk-says-confident-in-covid-19-vaccines-as-s-africa-pauses-astrazeneca-rollout/ ... :ReadIt:

Arthur Little
19th February 2021, 13:48
Had my first vaccine on the 10th Jan, no side effects at all at the moment. I was told I may get my second dose in about six weeks :wink:

Ah ... :anerikke: ... too far ahead, as yet, to guage the number of weeks that are likely to elapse between the first and second doses for us!

:Hellooo: ... can now confirm I'll be having my follow-up jab on Wednesday April 28.

Dave_
19th February 2021, 19:24
I had my first injection today, the Pfizer one, and have been told that I will be called for my second shot in about ten weeks time.

This was well ahead of schedule, a few weeks earlier than I had expected.

Nice two-mile walk there, a pleasant chat with nursie, nice two-mile walk home, then I cooked a Sirloin steak with Blue Stilton cheese and Asparagus tips.

I open the bottle of wine at nine. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
19th February 2021, 20:59
I had my first injection today, the Pfizer one, and have been told that I will be called for my second shot in about ten weeks time.

This was well ahead of schedule, a few weeks earlier than I had expected.

Nice two-mile walk there, a pleasant chat with nursie, nice two-mile walk home, then I cooked a Sirloin steak with Blue Stilton cheese and Asparagus tips.

I open the bottle of wine at nine. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ha! :poke: ... you're a poet - and y'know~it :wink: - enjoy! :biggrin:

grahamw48
22nd February 2021, 14:01
Happy days.

Good luck, and stay safe everybody. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dave_
4th March 2021, 15:15
Pleased to see that vaccine rollout is starting in the Philippines.

Half a million doses of the Oxford Astra-Zeneca vaccine arrived in the Philippines aboard a KLM flight on Thursday evening, March 4.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1403155/first-shipment-of-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccines-arrive-in-ph

Interesting to see that KLM seem to have restructured their flight schedules. Rather than flying from Amsterdam to Manila via Taipei, KL803 and KL804 are now flying via Bangkok.

grahamw48
4th March 2021, 15:32
They used to fly via Bangkok a long time ago, when I first flew with them. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

In fact my first trip to the Phils back in July 1990, was with KLM... in the smokers section. £700 return, so in real terms, pricier than now. :smile:

Arthur Little
12th March 2021, 17:52
Been a bit slower up here in Scotland for people of our age group, Michael ... but pleased to say I've an appointment booked to have mine a week today - next Thursday forenoon - all being well. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:smile: Myrna is having her first jab next Wednesday, i.e., March 17th ... she is in the over 60s group.

grahamw48
13th March 2021, 11:10
:smile: Myrna is having her first jab next Wednesday, i.e., March 17th ... she is in the over 60s group.

Good luck to you and Myrna, Arthur. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
19th March 2021, 11:47
I reckon I've had CV19, maybe more than once, but the sort with very mild fleeting symptoms.

Anyway had my medical practice constantly badgering me by text to take the jab. At this particular juncture, I'm undecided. :cwm25:

Longweekend
26th March 2021, 19:24
I had mine last week and still alive...:biggrin:

fred
27th March 2021, 15:24
I had mine last week and still alive...:biggrin:

None of us have yet had it on our little island in paradise and we are all still alive also.
May long it continue and I wish you all luck.

Michael Parnham
27th March 2021, 23:27
Almost forgot, had both my jabs, looking forward to the September one now :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dave_
28th March 2021, 00:56
Almost forgot, had both my jabs, looking forward to the September one now :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well done, lucky chap.

I reckon 4 to five weeks before I get my second jab, as long as the EU doesn't declare a trade war and confiscate all our (UK funded) vaccine supplies.

grahamw48
28th March 2021, 01:46
No jabs here...especially for us poriners. :xxparty-smiley-004:

50 years taxes to the British government, and they still ignore us expats too.

Just let us die. :olddude:

SimonH
28th March 2021, 10:21

What are you having a third one Michael?

Michael Parnham
28th March 2021, 12:58
Yes all over 70's have a booster in September then annually onwards :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
28th March 2021, 13:02
Contact British Embassy Graham, ask the question, I seem to remember something was said a couple of months ago about ex pats getting vaccinated.:Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
3rd April 2021, 01:14
I've had my first Astrazeneca jab a couple of weeks ago while the misses has had both.

Sadly someone I work with, his partner died of Covid, she was only 58 :NoNo:

fred
3rd April 2021, 12:32
Contact British Embassy Graham, ask the question, I seem to remember something was said a couple of months ago about ex pats getting vaccinated.:Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3:

British embassy is only a Visa fee collection agency... They do not entertain British citizens.. Those days are long gone IMO.

fred
3rd April 2021, 12:37
I've had my first Astrazeneca jab a couple of weeks ago while the misses has had both.

Sadly someone I work with, his partner died of Covid, she was only 58 :NoNo:

My Brother in law was put in the ground one day after he died as a suspected Covid patient..
His kids had to sit in my car 30 meters away to witness the event..
4 days later his so called Covid test results arrived.. Negative.
The fee for him to be admitted in hospital at a suspected covid ward for the last two days of his life was just over 80,000 PHP.
The perfect scam as all they administered was Oxygen.
I personally hope that the so called "doctors" there in that hospital die a pain full death due to the condition KARMA.
2 Families that I know in similar circumstances have paid in access of 150.000 Peso.. One case for less than a one day admission.
Lots of cheap Covid emergency Hereditary land for sale...Roll up!

imagine
3rd April 2021, 12:56
My Brother in law was put in the ground one day after he died as a suspected Covid patient..
The fee for him to be admitted in hospital at a suspected covid ward for the last two days of his life was just over 80,000 PHP.
I personally hope that the so called "doctors" there in that hospital die a pain full death due to the condition KARMA.
2 Families that I know in similar circumstances have paid in access of 150.000 Peso.. One case for less than a one day admission.

its a disgrace, as if there isnt enough profit from the vaccine alone, any how it all should be free, seeing as how the virus was given free

joebloggs
3rd April 2021, 13:36

Sorry to hear that Fred :NoNo:

One reason my wife didn't like working as a doctor in the Phils seeing people who couldn't afford treatment go home without it :NoNo:

Arthur Little
4th April 2021, 13:58
One reason my wife didn't like working as a doctor in the Phils seeing people who couldn't afford treatment go home without it :NoNo:

....................... :yeahthat:'s completely understandable :olddude: ... and it says all the more for your missus's steely determination and dedication, given she was prepared to embark on a lengthy, gruelling period of retraining, in order to follow her chosen profession in the UK.

Dave_
4th April 2021, 22:22
British embassy is only a Visa fee collection agency... They do not entertain British citizens.. Those days are long gone IMO.

When the Chinese-Bat-Virus struck hard last March I was in Quito, Ecuador. Most businesses closed, there was a curfew, and some kind of a ban on local travel.

I contacted the British Embassy via their website. They provided information and support about evacuation flights and also gave me a "Salvocunducto" (official Government travel authorisation to the airport), and a cover letter, just in case anybody wanted to shoot me.

I was able to leave on my scheduled KLM flight, it was the last one to leave the city and I even got upgraded.

The Embassy e-mailed several days later to check that everything was OK.

Unfortunately, nowadays the pandemic is the norm, nobody cares any more.

https://i.postimg.cc/90V2vKvK/Quito.jpg

fred
5th April 2021, 02:49
When the Chinese-Bat-Virus struck hard last March I was in Quito, Ecuador. Most businesses closed, there was a curfew, and some kind of a ban on local travel.

I contacted the British Embassy via their website. They provided information and support about evacuation flights and also gave me a "Salvocunducto" (official Government travel authorisation to the airport), and a cover letter, just in case anybody wanted to shoot me.

I was able to leave on my scheduled KLM flight, it was the last one to leave the city and I even got upgraded.

The Embassy e-mailed several days later to check that everything was OK.

Unfortunately, nowadays the pandemic is the norm, nobody cares any more.

https://i.postimg.cc/90V2vKvK/Quito.jpg

That`s good to hear Dave..Sounds a bit like I remember them operating back in the day.
I called them in Manila with just a question about Brit passports.. Some young English girl on the other end would not entertain my question or would even refer me to someone that could. Arrogant b***!!:mad:
I swore I would never call them again.:icon_lol:

fred
5th April 2021, 03:05
its a disgrace, as if there isnt enough profit from the vaccine alone, any how it all should be free, seeing as how the virus was given free

Sorry to hear that Fred :NoNo:

One reason my wife didn't like working as a doctor in the Phils seeing people who couldn't afford treatment go home without it:NoNo:

To be fair,the locals do have a pretty good quality of health care via government run local Municipal clinics and even hospital care.At least in Bohol.
It`s just that the waiting times can take half a day before they are seen.. (except in an life/death emergency)

The problem is many of the private hospitals here are run by greedy Chinoy (half Chinese) businessmen.
Their only priority and main mission is money unfortunately.
They are loving this Covid 19 business. Never had it so good.
As part of our bill,they charged us 10K per day for my BIL for special dietary needs for the 2 days he was in there.. He didn`t eat anything because he was semi conscious with an Oxy mask!
20K !! :crazy:

I told the Mrs we should refuse to pay it and spend the cash in one of the 5 star resorts here instead...Nice long weekend of posh nosh and white beaches.

She paid the 80K because as she said,that without payment,they would not release the body for an immediate Covid burial.