PDA

View Full Version : Philippine Airlines mulls large aircraft order

KeithD
1st August 2024, 15:01
The reason why they cancelled all direct European flights was they had no 777/A350's spare after the 2022 bankruptcy. They are now looking to rebuild the fleet. The sooner, the better, but it'll be years before we see a Manila>Heathrow route.

"The CEO of Philippine Airlines, Stanley Ng, announced that the airline is considering ordering a large number of new aircraft to meet expected growth in demand. He told ABS-CBN News that they are studying the possibility of ordering around 75 planes.

Ng also mentioned that, including their current orders, the airline is aiming for a total of about 100 aircraft on order. Right now, Philippine Airlines has orders for thirteen A321-200Ns and nine A350-1000s. According to Airbus, the airline expects to receive the first A321N in mid-2026 and the first A350 in the second half of 2025."

Rory
3rd August 2024, 20:05
I try to keep away from Manila airport. I only pass through it and the change of terminals is terrible, travelling through the city to get to another terminal is a joke.

Slip
3rd August 2024, 21:21
I miss the direct flight when travelling with the kids. So much easier.

KeithD
4th August 2024, 09:32
I miss the direct flight when travelling with the kids. So much easier.

They are looking at a new direct flight to either Spain, or Belgium, to begin with. They still haven't decided yet. Whichever country they choose, it will be a popular flight.

grahamw48
10th August 2024, 02:40
travelling through the city to get to another terminal is a joke.

Totally agree sir. Fortunately Clark is a lot closer to us.

KeithD
11th August 2024, 13:59
Wait until the Chinese build the new Manila airport.... at sea level.... on sinking land, with rising tides! :doh