PDA

View Full Version : Tours of Duty

ginapeterb
21st January 2008, 11:40
How Many tours of duty have you been on in country aka LOS the Land of Smiles ?

Its the Monday Morning blues again, Monday the 21st Jan to be exact, I was sitting here thinking, how many tours of duty have I done in "Country" let me see, I think its about 10 tours now, over a 4 year period, wow 10 tours already of Duty in country in Republic of Philippines, not bad, so how many tours have some of the guys had in country ?

I think the more we go, the more we learn, I am not passing myself off as an expert, I am just your regular foreigner who goes for a tour now and then, I have 2 tours planned this year.

The Easter tour,

and

the Summer tour, so I will be busy planning for those, have you got any tours of duty planned this year, if so, where are you going ?

walesrob
21st January 2008, 11:50
Pete, I think I've been to the land of Sunny Smiles and Terminal Fees 6 times since 2004.

Indeed the more I go to the Philippines, the more I learn about the place, some of it good, some of it bad.

No plans to go this year so far (the last trip over there almost bankrupted us!), but this can change.

joebloggs
21st January 2008, 12:12
been 8 times, not been for 2 1/2 years thou :cwm24:, probably will not be til next year. :doh

ginapeterb
21st January 2008, 12:20
Wow some good tours by Rob and Joe, but I always feel the same when I get back from a tour of duty in the land of Smiles (LOS) a bit withdrawn, find it hard to get back into work, some guys I know find it so hard, they extend their stay, re book their flights, do just about anything to stay in the land of smiles.

One guy changed his flight 6 times, wow he must have been with a sexy cute babae for him to to do that, he was a bar hopper though, a butterfly, his tour of duty is somewhat different to ours, he goes bar hopping in Makati or Angeles, he is not foreigner husband.

Well, at least we enjoy some good sunshine, recreational activities and relax before the long hike back to foreigner land.

Good tours so far...come on the rest of you.

Alan
21st January 2008, 13:08
Ok Peter - went for the first time in April of 2007. Back in May and 3rd trip in September.

4th trip - as you know - 8th January - now staying for a year - so 4 trips in all including a BIG stay.

If you, or indeed any forum members are over this year and visit Negros, you know you are all more than welcome to stay at my house. The San Migs. are already in the fridge.

God bless the Philippines - God help Oldham Athletic!!

Al.:)

LadyJ
21st January 2008, 13:08
Hi, Pete

I wonder why did you call it 'Land of Smiles'? Is it because a lots of people smiles at you?:Erm:

joebloggs
21st January 2008, 13:11
cost is the main reason, spending all our money getting wife thru her medical exams, spent near £800 in the last 3 months, but the days of cheap flights are gone, i remember i got an air france from manchester to manila for £388 !! a few years ago..

now were talking what around £600+ and there's not just me , also misses, little gal and little joe !, must cost near £2,500 just for air tickets :NoNo::bigcry:

LadyJ
21st January 2008, 13:14
Ok Peter - went for the first time in April of 2007. Back in May and 3rd trip in September.

4th trip - as you know - 8th January - now staying for a year - so 4 trips in all including a BIG stay.

WoW! You are lucky to have a holiday like that!

If you, or indeed any forum members are over this year and visit Negros, you know you are all more than welcome to stay at my house. The San Migs. are already in the fridge.

God bless the Philippines - God help Oldham Athletic!!

Al.:)

That's nice ALan.. OK! Just wait until you hear someone knock on your door.:D

LadyJ
21st January 2008, 13:19
now were talking what around £600+ and there's not just me , also misses, little gal and little joe !, must cost near £2,500 just for air tickets :NoNo::bigcry:

Lol:icon_lol: and you Daddy Joe must work really hard to buy them ticket for your next holiday in Phils.:D

and where's lil Joe picture gone to? Why did you changed it?

joebloggs
21st January 2008, 13:28
little joe went in case me wife sees it :icon_lol::D:icon_lol:

na, i'm nagging :furious3: the wife to pass her exams or/and get a full time job :xxgrinning--00xx3: b4 i go broke :cwm24:

:icon_lol:

andypaul
21st January 2008, 19:48
Been five times, four to see the missus and once with the missus.

She got permission for her three weeks off and booking her flight with her comission from december on her new job:omg:

This time the missus is going on her jack jones to much football missed. But im sure i will be back next year.

In fact i think he will go something like that i will go every two years and the missus as often as possible hopefully every year to keep an eye on her lill bro and sis:D

rosstrtco
21st January 2008, 20:06
I think 5 times in three years, i try to mix it up and taken the gf to hong kong once, thailand 3 times, singapore once and kl twice it gives her a holiday aswell, i,ll be booking up soon for a trip to LOS, i cant wait but like most its starting to hit the wallet but i,ve loved spending every penny