PDA

View Full Version : Red ribbon is it necessary?

jta
23rd January 2008, 08:56
Hi guys,

I'm going to submit my documents for spouse visa application but then I met a wife of British citizen and she told me that I need to bring my marriage contract, cenomar, birth certificate to Malacanang for "Red ribbon". Is it necessary? though I didn't read on the requirements but it confuses me. Hope to hear your ideas. thnx

LadyJ
23rd January 2008, 11:19
Your document wont be valid without the dry seal & red ribbon and there's a note shows on the bottom of the document that without it is not valid. Stamp will only cost you 5 pesos.

I was trying to attach my sample document for you but I cannot do it for some reason.

kimmi
23rd January 2008, 13:19
what docs need to be dry seal and red ribbon ladyJ?

LadyJ
23rd January 2008, 13:52
Hmm ... the CNI (Certificate of No Impediment) document issued from NSO and other one (has got red ribbon and dry seal) issue from DFA. I think these docs are always together when they issue.

I have looked Jta post again and he was talking about Marriage Certificate etc. and I'm now confused, my apology. when I read red ribbon I just remembered my docs.

kimmi
23rd January 2008, 13:55
ah alright...u mean when I got my CNI from the NSO I should have red ribbon it and dry seal it at malacanang?because I submitted it right away at the embassy so I am thinking now if I have a problem with it..

LadyJ
23rd January 2008, 14:00
lol. i dont know:Erm: but mine says not valid without them. i also know someone else has got dry seal and red ribbon on that docs.

kimmi
23rd January 2008, 14:02
You think it isn't the Transcript of Records??

LadyJ
23rd January 2008, 14:03
No. :NoNo:

kimmi
23rd January 2008, 14:05
Oh no, I am also worrying now about it..because I might also need that...

Anybody here can help us???

LadyJ
23rd January 2008, 14:09
Did you get your documents back from the BE? I mean the one issued from DFA? or do you have any copy? If you have you can look on the bottom If there's a note about not valid without dry seal and red ribbon.

LadyJ
23rd January 2008, 14:13
I'd like to attach my document here but It says it exceed my limit. I tried to resize it aswell to the forum required but It still gives me error for some reason.

kimmi
23rd January 2008, 14:15
yes I got all the docs I submitted at the BE..I think the only one that I got in DFA is my passport..

mhynne
23rd January 2008, 15:18
i have the same question as sis kimmi.. i also didnt have to undergo that during my spousal visa application.. i just submitted the nso certified marriage certificate... no im also worried =(
do i also need to get my transcript done like this?

eula mackay
23rd January 2008, 20:40
good evening ladies.

authenticated transcript of records are required by certain countries, like the UAE for example to issue a residence visa. i may be wrong but i dont think it is required here in the uk.

when i applied for my spouse visa, CNI or cenomar was not on the checklist. my understanding is that the embassy checks it with nso if youve been previously married otherwise known as the local check. if you are applying for a fiance visa you are required a cenomar/cni but it does not need to have the "red ribbon".

documents originating from nso are printed on a special sheet of paper (secpa or security paper) printed by the BSP (bangko sentral ng pilipinas) and theres a way of checking if it is fake hence the reason why the embassy does not require it to be authenticated or to have the "red ribbon".

such documents are not requird to be authenticated but it would not be a bad idea to have it done in dfa. when i applied for my spouse visa my marriage cert was authenticated by the fco and phil emb london &
my birth cert on secpa had red ribbon attached.

Tiggers0608
23rd January 2008, 20:55
hi guys,

i'm going to submitt my documents for spouse visa application but then i met a wife of british citizen and she told me that i need to bring my marriage contract, cenomar, birthcertificate to malacanang for "Red ribbon". Is it necessary? though i didn't read on the requirements but it confuses me. Hope to hear your ideas. thnx

hi JTA, regarding to your post, you dont need your cenomar as you are already married ..... you just need your marriage certificate.

and for red ribbon theres no need really as the UK embassy didnt ask for documents to have it in red ribbon.

As long as you have your birth certificate from NSO, marriage certificate from NSO and other requirements.

Its better to read and be inform in what other documents you need for your application, its good to visit the ukvac website as the visa fee changes so fast lol :NoNo: the ukvacs will not accept your application if you didnt pay them the RIGHT visa fee.

kimmi
24th January 2008, 13:05
good evening ladies.

authenticated transcript of records are required by certain countries, like the UAE for example to issue a residence visa. i may be wrong but i dont think it is required here in the uk.

when i applied for my spouse visa, CNI or cenomar was not on the checklist. my understanding is that the embassy checks it with nso if youve been previously married otherwise known as the local check. if you are applying for a fiance visa you are required a cenomar/cni but it does not need to have the "red ribbon".

documents originating from nso are printed on a special sheet of paper (secpa or security paper) printed by the BSP (bangko sentral ng pilipinas) and theres a way of checking if it is fake hence the reason why the embassy does not require it to be authenticated or to have the "red ribbon".

such documents are not requird to be authenticated but it would not be a bad idea to have it done in dfa. when i applied for my spouse visa my marriage cert was authenticated by the fco and phil emb london &
my birth cert on secpa had red ribbon attached.

thanks for clarifying it sis eula..i am becoming worried already because I brought my transcript without red ribbon I thought its very important..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jta
27th January 2008, 04:05
thanks guys for all your reply....i didnt even read on the requirements that docs need for red ribbon but since i met that lady i feel confused.. but atleast i heard from different experiences (those been through the spouse visa approved without red ribbon....)