PDA

View Full Version : What to expect at interview

aidaaida
23rd January 2008, 11:17
My girlfriend has just been asked to attend an interview regarding her Visitors Visa application to be with me in UK to celebrate my birthday. Should this be of any concern?

LadyJ
23rd January 2008, 11:27
Nothing to worry about if she is a genuine applicant, mainly they will ask her about you, your relationship, If she have savings, jobs or properties. She must convince the ECO that she will return back to Phils before the visa expires. Ask her to be prepared and never hide anything to ECO.

Goodluck!

joebloggs
23rd January 2008, 11:46
as ladyj said, but make sure she remembers the facts and to think first before she answers, like when you first meet, how old you are, what is your job, etc,,, if she gets some wrong you could wave her visa goodbye :doh

kimmi
23rd January 2008, 13:16
based on my own experience, there is really nothing to worry..just tell her be herself, come there early so she will have some time to relax and it should be expected that they will ask her reasons for coming to the UK..and everything about u and ur relationship..

as long as she is honest and genuine there's really no problem the interview may last minutes to an hour depends on her..

pls extend my good luck on her...:)

gemini63
23rd January 2008, 17:04
hi,
what is ur gf reason to get visitors visa? did u sent her invitation letter? coz im here in uk now as a visitor ofmy fiancee,,but they dont let me hv an interview..in fact i was granted 11 days after my application sent...this is my second time already to hv visitors visa granted without interview...

LadyJ
23rd January 2008, 17:11
hi,
what is ur gf reason to get visitors visa? did u sent her invitation letter? coz im here in uk now as a visitor ofmy fiancee,,but they dont let me hv an interview..in fact i was granted 11 days after my application sent...this is my second time already to hv visitors visa granted without interview...

Every applicant has got different situations and different reasons.

When you came home to Phils before your visa expirse on your fisrt applied of your Visitor visa is the more chance you will get another visitor visa on your next apply, simply you follow their rules.

joebloggs
23rd January 2008, 17:57
interviews could be done at random, as with any visa app, not all the details on every app is checked, they could randomly ask you for an interview, contact your employer, etc..

aidaaida
23rd January 2008, 18:07
Thanks for all your replies. The reason she is coming to the UK is to meet my family and friends and to attend my birthday party and to see England. I have been with her for 3 years now visiting the Philippines every 3 months (now 12 times) and taking a vacation together both in Philippines and in Thailand as well as staying at our house. Just worried as to why they want to interview her.

silver13
23rd January 2008, 19:00
The ECO is not yet satisfied with the documents you both provided, that's why your gf was asked to go to an interview.

She should prepare herself, be honest about the answers she will provide and she needs to prove that she will return.

Goodluck to her interview.

Tiggers0608
23rd January 2008, 20:34
My girlfriend has just been asked to attend an interview regarding her Visitors Visa application to be with me in UK to celebrate my birthday. Should this be of any concern?

:) Hi just a simple advice ... if your GF was asked in what language should she like the interview in TAGALOG or ENGLISH ... although its tempting to answer it in TAGALOG ... she should answer it in ENGLISH ... coz having the interview in tagalog will only give a good reason to REFUSE your visa application. :NoNo:

Good luck to your GF :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gemini63
23rd January 2008, 20:51
hi there again,
is ur gf working or self employed?whom she said on her application that will support her stay?what docs she sent to show she can support herself or have the reason to return back?is she real single or separated that needs annulment too,thats why only visitors visa she can apply for now...IM asking this this so i will know. to hv idea where and why she asked to be interviewed.,,
Like in my case,im not annuled yet so thats why only visitors visa the way for me to get in here...So what we did my fiancee wrote a letter addressed to embassy which i included in my application that he is inviting me here in uk as his visitor,that i am his close friend.coz i cant tell directly that im his fiancee coz in my application i put married coz im using my ex husbands name still in my passport.,that he invites me too to know more about their culture and traditions and at the same time sight seeing,that he is willing to accomodate me in his house while here in uk...
Maybe coz i said im married and hv children in my application thats why they think i will really go back coz i hv children in phil..and also i put that my sponsor and myself will support my trip.and show amount in bank that i hv something to support myself,,,

vbkelly
23rd January 2008, 22:24

what to expect at interview? of course loods of question haha anyway just for the tips attend to interview you must be relax, be smart one question should be one answer for examples if the question need to answer yes just yes don't say anything and tell the truth, goodluck and welcome to the forum:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo: