PDA

View Full Version : praise for the embassy in manila

dave65
23rd January 2008, 17:48
A couple of weeks ago i was asking about how to get Jasmines relations over for her funeral
after speaking to the home office i was directed to fax some documents to the visa section my in-laws submitted their application about thursday lunch time and by friday morning about 20 hrs later the visas were ready
so Jasmines brother and sister were here in plenty of time when i spoke to the visa staff they were so helpful as were the home office so when it comes to a situation like that you couldnt wish for a more helpful service

LadyJ
23rd January 2008, 17:58
That was brilliant news! (well, apart from your lost) I knew they will give her family a visa.

May I ask when is your wifes funeral? and any news from the hospital about your wifes death?

How's your little angel?

I hope you are OK..Keep strong, your wife just around and watching you.

dave65
23rd January 2008, 18:15
the funeral was last wednesday and thanks to the filipino association of central hampshire it was a beautiful service their kindness and support has been amazing
there are a number of investigations going on and i still await the coroners report
Christopher is doing very well and is so cute (i know i am biased) but he is with is mums hair eyes and good looks just slightly paler will post a photo sometime
i am just keeping busy it seems the easiest way to cope

ginapeterb
23rd January 2008, 18:23
Excellent news David, and thanks for sharing all of this with the forum, I did place a memorial quotation to your beloved Jasmine on the British-Filipino website during the first 2 weeks of January, many of my readers sent e mails of condolence to you, which i am now happy to report to you.

Its great to see the Filipino association of Hampshire really helped there, Filipinos all pull together don't they, its a sight to see.

I am also impressed by the compassion shown by the British Embassy in Manila, this is great news, that Jasmine's family were able to come to UK, I am so happy to hear of this.

I am sure everyone here at the forum will be wishing you well in the future, so can we see Christopher soon ?

We all will be looking forward to that, great to see you on the forum once again David, you have been missed.

fred
23rd January 2008, 18:51
Well said Peter..
Really glad things went so well after your last posts Dave..
My respect for you is immense.

mhynne
23rd January 2008, 19:49
im happy to hear that your wife has now been at her final resting place.. im glad the embassy was compassionate enough to grant her family visas to attend her funeral..
if i only knew you guys are just here in hampshire i wouldve paid my respects.. my condolences to you and your family again... god bless