PDA

View Full Version : help...please advise

jennyanne
25th January 2008, 14:53
Hello..im sorry if my question had been asked before but I need an advise immediately. I'm already here in england for almost 2 mos with marriage visa and we plan now to get married. The problem is when we phone in the local registrar here in london were I stay, we were asked for the proof of evidence that I have lived here and stay with my fiancee for a period of time but I dont have anything to show right now. Please help of what do you think i need to do so that I could have a valid proof that i have stayed here.

thanks you very much.

jenny

walesrob
25th January 2008, 15:56
No offence stuartfarm, you have given totally the wrong information.

Jennyanne, while I don't have answer (I'm sure others will), I would call the registry office again and explain the situation clearly.

LadyJ
25th January 2008, 15:58
Do you mean you hold fiance visa?

You should phone the IND to ask for advice about it, you said you just arrived here a couple of months ago and I can tell that its a short time for you to collect a proof that you and your fiance has been together for the period of two months.

Can anybody here on the forum (who holds fiance visa) tell if you have been asked for proof in registrar office?

LadyJ
25th January 2008, 16:00
The phone number of the Immigration enquiry is 0870 606 7766

silver13
25th January 2008, 18:20
Hello..im sorry if my question had been asked before but I need an advise immediately. I'm already here in england for almost 2 mos with marriage visa and we plan now to get married. The problem is when we phone in the local registrar here in london were I stay, we were asked for the proof of evidence that I have lived here and stay with my fiancee for a period of time but I dont have anything to show right now. Please help of what do you think i need to do so that I could have a valid proof that i have stayed here.

thanks you very much.

jenny

I think there's a miscommunication. Why not visit your local registry office, as you are still subject to immigration control, You both need to go to your local register office to give notice of your intention to marry. Bring your passport as your document and anyway since you already in UK for 2 months then it's ok to give notice as they only require 7 days stay in ur district before u can give notice.

vbkelly
25th January 2008, 22:09

thanks you very much.

jenny

a bit confused about your question my question is ARE YOU HOLDING A FIANCEE VISA OR SPOUSE VISA? make it clear please,thanks

jennyanne
26th January 2008, 02:44
I am holding marriage visa (fiancee)

vbkelly
26th January 2008, 07:57
I am holding marriage visa (fiancee)

i think you had a miscommunication with your local registry,some of the member here holding a fiancee visa can advice you what to do im sure they know it, try to phone again your local registry an explain your situation

Gie
26th January 2008, 13:05
Jennyanne its best to go to your local registry with your fiance and ask personally the requirements. I came here March 2005 and went to local registry and they give us a week for a notice to get married and got married in May. All they asks for me is a passport and a birth certificate.

cinmickey28
26th January 2008, 16:52
I must agree with what Silver13 suggestion as it was mostly what we did. Just phone your local civil registry office so you can have an appointment. They didnt ask for any proof as they can see on our passport the date of entry here in UK and I think that's proof already having stayed for 7 days.

jennyanne
27th January 2008, 15:55
Thanks...we will discussed again to registrar because it what they asked when we spoke over the phone, maybe your right..there just a little bit of confusion to their part....

by the way, id like to asked if we able to get married..what would i do next to extend my stay here.

thanks to all again..muaaaaaaaaaaah

aromulus
27th January 2008, 16:54
by the way, id like to asked if we able to get married..what would i do next to extend my stay here.

Am I missing something here...???:Erm:

Isn't your fiancee doing anything, and leaving the all worries to you...???:Erm:

walesrob
27th January 2008, 17:11
Thanks...we will discussed again to registrar because it what they asked when we spoke over the phone, maybe your right..there just a little bit of confusion to their part....

thanks to all again..muaaaaaaaaaaah

Jennyanne, once you are married, you will need to apply for FLR at the expiry of the Fiance Visa. But you MUST get married during the Fiance Visa period. Get the marraige done first, worry about everything else later :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stuartfarm
28th January 2008, 12:40
My Aplogies - I mis understood the question - I thought Jenny was asking about proof of her stay for ILR