28th January 2008, 14:21
hi everyone!

i'm new here but i've been reading lots of info from
your forum and it's been very helpful.

i'm from cebu and would be travelling
to the UK two weeks from now on spousal visa together
with my 1year old daughter. we'll be taking cebu
pacific flights cebu-manila-hong kong and then on
virgin airways from hong kong to london.

my husband booked the ticket (hong kong - london flight)
online at expedia.com and the last name for my daughter
is misspelled. he called expedia for change of name but
they said that they can't do it but have informed virgin
airways of the mistake and have made a note on their
system. i'm just a bit worried about this because it
might make some delays/hassles during the trip.
it's my first international flight and i'm travelling with
a child so normally it's a bit scarry for me.

hope somebody can give me advice on what to do
so as it will be less stressfull for me and my daughter
during the trip.

thank you very much.

KeithD
28th January 2008, 16:54
Is this a poem? :Erm: :)

gemini63
28th January 2008, 17:27
hi,
it seems no problem on that just tell whoever will ask that it was just ms pelled.to be sure,just prepare in ur bag birth certificate of ur daughter to show them that she is the real one whom with u travelling,,if only they will ask evidence,,coz i hv experienced it too my coming here in uk,,

vbkelly
28th January 2008, 22:31
i think you need to correct that before you travel bcoz some immigration people won't allow you to have a mispelled name,you need to pay it to change the name in the ticket

jimcarie
28th January 2008, 23:55
hi and welcome :xxgrinning--00xx3:

dont worry to much about the mistake in spelling just act as if there fault they spell incorrect, dont worry also about your flight , sit back and enjoy the movies . welcome to the uk hope you like our country :)

effe
29th January 2008, 01:31
thanks gemini63. i'll have our docs handy when we travel.
i do have the same sentiments with vbkelly. i think i should ask my husband to call directly virgin airways regarding this.
thanks for the warm welcome jimcarie!
thanks win2win. :)

Mrs.JMajor
29th January 2008, 10:54
Is this a poem? :Erm: :)

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: oh my kieth hahaha

kimmi
30th January 2008, 12:51
hi effe,

welcome to the family and here in UK...:)

amyburple
31st January 2008, 14:05
wow good for her...
Well i have question? It is easier to get married here first then apply spousal visa or FIANCEE visa right away! Because me and my fiancee is thinking of that option!

kimmi
31st January 2008, 14:08
where do u want to get married???

KeithD
31st January 2008, 15:06
Just get married where you want. I always feel in the UK is simpler, less messing with paperwork, but if that upsets the family, then the Phil. If you choose the UK, have a professional DVD made of it to send the Phil.

vbkelly
31st January 2008, 16:28
wow good for her...
Well i have question? It is easier to get married here first then apply spousal visa or FIANCEE visa right away! Because me and my fiancee is thinking of that option!

hi amyburple yes thats better to get married in philippines in practical way its a lot cheaper in philippine than here in UK to have a wedding and all of your family are there with you and most important it easy to get a spouse visa as long as you complete the documents its a hassle free and if you want to work here when you arrive in UK you can

ginapeterb
31st January 2008, 21:09
Get married in the Phils, awwwwwwwwww come on you lot...its great fun, great food, lots of guests, thousands of cousins, siblings and well wishers, principal sponsors, secondary sponsors, Tita's Tito's Lola's and Lolo's

vbkelly
31st January 2008, 22:43
Get married in the Phils, awwwwwwwwww come on you lot...its great fun, great food, lots of guests, thousands of cousins, siblings and well wishers, principal sponsors, secondary sponsors, Tita's Tito's Lola's and Lolo's

oh yeah!!!

Mrs.JMajor
1st February 2008, 04:43

:Erm: what do u think pete ? is it expensive w/ those lots of people came in for reception :cwm34::NoNo::doh:bigcry::Help1:

aug06_2006
1st February 2008, 16:41
Hi effe, welcome to this useful site.